SPOILER !! Week Oct 31

I could've rooted for a Jada & Rafe pairing if it had happened before he was with Nicole. They could've had him stay as Nicole's friend, dump Ava for her treachery last year, and make his way towards her. But I also am apprehensive about this pairing because new characters (especially when with Rafe) never seem to work out well in pairings. Rafe & Jordan, Aiden & Hope, JJ and Hayley; I'm sure the list can go on.

The only thing I'd say in favor of Jada sticking around longer than those other new characters is that they introduced her with a family tie to Salem's past. Maybe they will keep her around. I would love a Jada and Rafe pairing. I hate that Rafe has never been the love of anyone's life. They always give him leftovers. Jada and Eric aren't serious enough yet for Father Sourpuss to be that for her. And I also want Rafe to have a family with his own children instead of being a stepdad.

But I don't want them to be together just because Eric and Nicole get back together. I'm ready for Rafe to dump Nicole as opposed to whining about her. She's being SO disrespectful, and the writers have already stopped writing them as a loving couple. I was rooting for them, but I'm over it after today's show.

I have never liked Nicole in the recent years. I know she is a beloved character, but her writing is so horrible, she is not likeable (to me). She continues in her selfish ways and then acts like she is so sorry she hurts them. I always thought that she and Rafe are better as friends. They were both lonely people who comforted each other, but that doesn't mean love. Clearly, Nicole will always love Eric. I am hoping that Eric will be decent enough when Jada inevitably turns out to be pregnant. Nicole will be devastated and she and Eric will just stare at each other with smoldering eyes while trying to pretend to be happy in their respective relationships. That's not fair to Rafe, who has generally been a good guy. He really does deserve a real love and a family - and to be someone's first choice.

And we will have dead Charlie visiting his mother on Halloween. I truly hope this isn't another waste of a day, as most of the "special" episodes have been.

I think Jada is the most appropriately dressed female cop we've seen in a while on the show. Lots of female detectives wear their hair down. I haven't noticed her shoes in a while. I know once she had on something more like heeled boots but that seems fine depending on what's going on. If Salem were a real place, uniformed cops would be doing the leg work on an arrest. This world where a detective just runs out to arrest someone is Salemcentric.

I was always hoping that a new woman would enter Rafe's life, and not be interacting with any other male on the show. That is how Rafe should get a new love, not some other guy's one night stand, ex-girlfriend or wife, just someone who meets him first, and is focused on him alone. He then could become a real husband, a father to his own child.

She could be a teacher at school, the new owner of the bakery, a private detective, an assistant counselor with Marlena, a gym instructor, a taxi driver, heck.........a single woman, living alone, whose apt. was burglarized

It seems like poor characterization to create a female character with no romantic history whose designed to be a blank slate for Rafe’s needs. She needs to be her own character or that’d be pretty boring. A sexual history is normal for an adult woman in her 30s. It’s weird if she’s sitting somewhere moldering away waiting for him to show up. I just think Rafe deserves to be someone’s top choice. He’s never had that.

No, he's always got someone else's leftovers. That is why I thought a new character, who can have back story, intriguing perhaps, but not having been involved with some other Salemite first. Heck, she could be someone he knew as a kid, a love interest from college. One who left suddenly.....when her parents sent her away to a convent. And thus......Rafe has a child he never knew about.....they pop up all over Salem, don't they? LOL

Rafe just needs to leave Salem and find someone else. He can take Gabi with him. As I have said before, I don't care much for either of them.

I really liked Rafe when he first came on scene. He and Sami were written well together at the time, when they were in the safe house. They had fun, and really got to know each other. He was charming, tough, smart, and was a good foil to Sami being her usual self. They were a good match at the time. I just wish over the years we were given more of Rafe's backstory. He's been used too much as the hapless hero, and severely unlucky, in love. He deserves better, but I think that overall, as far as Salem, Sami was his best match.

Sami was still very much Sami back then, but she wasn't written as so much as a shrew, as she has been written as for the past few years. Over the years, her and Rafe still maintained a closeness, and I think she was the most steady of all the false starts he has had, but they just couldn't make it stick because she was too up in EJ's hind quarters. I believe if it had been written better, she and Rafe could have/should have been the long game, but instead they chose the EJ route.

EJ was a disgustingly likable character in the beginning, when James Scott portrayed him. He was both charming, and devious, all at the same time, but you still just wanted to root for the bad boy/bad girl combo of him and Samantha. They were magnetic together. You couldn't keep your eyes off of him/them. I'm not trying to discredit the work Dan Feuerriegel is doing with the character, I think he's good at emoting the character they have given him, but he just isn't James Scott (former EJ) and just doesn't do it for me with the EJ of the past. (I know this is largely writing, and partly the portrayer) The current iteration of EJ is a caricature of what EJ was previously. I'm glad this version of EJ and Sami are no longer together. This version of them are toxic together.

I digress, Rafe deserved a better backstory and a better love history. He shouldn't just be a placeholder for anyone; he should be THE one for that special girl.

I totally agree with so many wanting Rafe to have a better love life. I believe he would make a wonderful dad or step dad to a lucky child. But as life is in Salem, if he had a child the mother of that child would probably turned out to be a bad person. Here's hoping they give Rafe a better life soon. He so deserves it. :tsk:

Spoilers from https://soapsspoilers.com/days-of-o...s-favor-gabi-suspicious-stefan-comforts-chloe

Monday, October 31
“Charlie” urges Ava to stick around and wreak revenge on EJ.
Chad comforts Stephanie after she’s fired by Paulina.
Maggie unintentionally gets Alex out of a jam.
Xander gets a hard time from Victor.

Tuesday, November 1
Xander gets a job offer from Ava.
Chanel asks Wendy her intentions for Johnny.
Stephanie manages to win back Paulina’s favor.
Chad discovers Alex came through for Stephanie.

Wednesday, November 2
Gabi is suspicious after catching Wendy with Johnny.
Kristen orders Li to make Chloe an offer.
Chloe is annoyed when Brady shows concern about her involvement with Stefan.
Rafe is startled by Jada’s news.

Thursday, November 3
Alex thinks Nicole and Eric should model together.
Stefan sees that Gabi is ready to move ahead in her life.
EJ catches Wendy out.
Johnny confides to Susan that EJ may have done something to Stefan.

Friday, November 4
Ava second guesses her plan.
Wendy and Johnny attempt to find out where Rolf is.
Stefan comforts Chloe about breakup up with Brady.
Rachel gets upset after overhearing Brady and Kristen arguing.

The bratty writing for Rachel has already spoiled the character for me. The child did just fine until Kristen emerged from the gutter again.

I agree the Nicole, Eric on again off again is and has been overdone but that’s how Re-Ron rolls, predictable as always.

Back