SPOILER !! Week Sept 10

Personally, I felt they married entirely too soon. Will's realization of his sexuality was brand new, whereas for Sonny it had been a few years.
You're not alone there. I made a big stink back in 2012 for this exact reason. (It's also why in my 2012 fanfiction Will and Sonny weren't a couple - they were both dating others though Will wanted to be with Sonny.)
Sonny is not coming across well of late
Who is? The characters have been very inconsistent. Rafe has been weakened, Hope has become shrill, Chad has become disloyal, Abby's a jellyfish...it goes on and on. I truly haven't recognised Sonny since he came back, but especially since he's been vying for Titan (which he never wanted a part of when he was first in town).

Very sad about Sonny/Will/Paul.....Maybe they should become Mormons and all live together.....Seems it would solve this whole thing.. ShaSha

Is it bad that I find the only couple worth rooting for (aside from the staples John/Marlena and Steve/Kayla) is one half part serial killer?!?!?

Not looking forward to the lunacy of Bonnie. And, this better be a scam on Lucas. Because....DUMB!

Last edited:
Sami is upset to hear about her mother’s condition.

really.... upset how?? upset she isn't dead yet?? upset because it could slow down her search for her smoochie moochie? upset because she shot her and may face Salem punishment..... not that it's all that bad unless your name is Nicole or Gabi....

There is nothing to indicate that either Paul or Sonny were each others' first love. Unless this was retconned during their short-lived engagement, what they had (as revealed through the flashbacks in December '13 '14 and January '14 '15) was a sordid little affair because Paul was afraid of hurting his baseball career.

It is true that Sonny wanted to propose/proposed to Paul but there is also the fact that he knew Paul wouldn't accept. I'm sorry - Paul and Sonny were nothing, ever, and the writers invested no time in making us care about them until it was time to break them up for Will's return. Will and Sonny were the rooting couple (even given my problems with their writing) the whole time. This isn't John/Marlena/Roman or even Kristen/John/Marlena (in its early stages).

It's not even Hope/Bo/Billie or Hope/Bo/Carly where it was obvious who would win out in the end, because Sonny/Paul didn't get the pathos that the off-couples in the Bo pairings did when Hope was off-screen.

Last edited:
Since John and Marlena aren't married, it sounds like Belle has been named her health proxy. Makes sense to have Belle do it over the unstable twins. I bet it will come out that this document was signed while Eric was in jail.

Hope has a heated argument with Rafe over Sami.

This really should have been a bigger deal in the Hope/Rafe relationship from the beginning. Had they properly addressed Hope and Rafe's age difference and different places in life, Hope being insecure about Sami would have made total sense. Now she comes off as petty. Ideally, I would have liked to have seen this play out as a triangle with Sami winning in the end.

I do like the show acknowledging that John is Belle's father. I feel like we do see a scene here and there with Belle and Marlena, but hardly ever touch on the John /Belle relationship.

Why would Marlena have Belle as her health proxy when she is in Hong Kong?
I think Belle finds Marlena's living will, which gives her specific wishes if she is in certain situations where she is being kept alive by artificial means. John is trying to get her to "come back, keep fighting", and Belle is perhaps torn about honoring her wishes, giving the form to the doctors, or not.

But also let's not forget Paul and Sonny were first loves. Will is not Sonny's first love.

Paul and Sonny were nothing, ever, ....Will and Sonny were the rooting couple...
That's one man's opinion, Jason. Others, including macgyverswife, see it differently. Jus' sayin'. :)

Hope and Rafe's age difference
Why, Heather4CU, whatever do you mean? Are you saying that Rafe's greying hair and Hope's "barely there" acknowledgment of having a 20-something year old granddaughter didn't fool you? :)

Last edited:
Hope has a heated argument with Rafe over Sami. [Hope seriously needs to get a grip. The only reason she wants to go after Sami legally is because she once slept with Rafe. If she keeps up this nonsense and her extra-legal war against Ben, she ought to lose Rafe and her commissioner's position.]

John feels betrayed by Belle’s actions. [Who died and made Belle boss? Marlena has other children and John has been her true love since forever. Their views matter as much or even more than those of the third-rate lawyer with the bratty, self-centered daughter.]

That's one man's opinion, Jason. Others, including macgyverswife, see it differently. Jus' sayin'. :)

Why, Heather4CU, whatever do you mean? Are you saying that Rafe's greying hair and Hope's "barely there" acknowledgment of having a 20-something year old granddaughter didn't fool you? :)
Kristian Alfonso (Hope) is only 55, so not old enough to have a granddaughter that old. I have no idea how old the actor playing Rafe is, but one of my daughter's husband is 2 yrs younger than her oldest son.

No, Dear. I haven't been able to stand her for a very long time. I've been unhappy with the writing for her ever since she divorced Don Craig and married Roman. She was a sophisticated professional woman in the beginning and just a giggly schoolgirl after wards.

Back