SPOILER !! Week Sept 10

Kristian Alfonso (Hope) is only 55, so not old enough to have a granddaughter that old.
I was talking about the character, not the actress. The character of Hope is old enough to have a granddaughter that old. Actually, a 55 year old woman could have a 20-something year-old grandchild.

Yes, it doesn't matter the age of the actor, it is the age of the character. And while the actor may not mind having a child "aged" on the show, they might not like the idea of their character becoming a grandparent, and especially a great grandparent. My sister-in-law became a grandparent at age 35. (Don't forget on Golden Girls, in real life, Sophia was younger than Dorothy).
And yes, in real life Kristian Alfonso is 55 (Hope) and Galen Gering is 47(Rafe). But on Days, Hope has a son around 40, and a granddaughter 21. Makes her character older, of course.

Ya its true, people can become grandparents into their 30's (Thank God not the case for me). My Aunt had my cousin at 15 years old and he followed in the same footsteps having a daughter at 16 years old, I was 12 when she was born. Crazy how that happens, but it does when your a teen having kids.

:) Yup, my aunt counselled a lady who became a grandmother at 26 years!?!?! She had a babe when she was 13 and her daughter had a babe when she was 13. Crazy to think of being grandmother so young let alone being a mother to a teenage girl.

Anyways, just wanted to add my 2 cents too. :)

Ya its true, people can become grandparents into their 30's (Thank God not the case for me). My Aunt had my cousin at 15 years old and he followed in the same footsteps having a daughter at 16 years old, I was 12 when she was born. Crazy how that happens, but it does when your a teen having kids.

My sister-in-law had her daughters at 17 and 18 and then one of them turned around had a son at 17. So my sister-in-law became a grandmother in her 30s and now has an adult grandchild.

I didn't actually say it was not possible. My sister and an aunt were gramma at 32, but it sure isn't the norm. As I have said before, John and Marlena and Romanand Kate, should be a heck of lot older than they seem . The end.

Agreed. As I said.......when they age the kids, it makes the parents that much older, (but sometimes the actors get upset at supposedly portraying grandmotherhood or great-grandmotherhood (and grandfatherhood, great-grandfatherhood as well).
especially when those kids who were SORAS'D were born on camera to parents whose ages were well known at the time, having grown up/been born in front of the viewing public as well. Heck, the parents were SORAS'D themselves. LOL

Hope gets Dirty..... :whack:Will Hope take the fall for planting evidence ? Ben is becoming likeable. Wow! This show is getting crazier and crazier...You think Rafe is going to stand by Hope after she commits an illegal act? How is Hope going to pay for this....? :huh: ShaSha

Or what the evidence is.......Very suspicious that the fire marshalls, other cops, The salem cops, no one could find anything or any way to incriminate Ben...then the Commissioner herself, who has a personal vendetta against the suspect, manages to come up with something. Boy, Ted would have a field day with this, would he not? Wish he was back.

I'm still hoping Bonnie is passing off someone else's baby. As some of you have pointed out, it could be possible for her to have a baby. Some of my friends/relatives my age were g-grandmothers before I was a grandmother, but still, this is not something I want to see. Bonnie having a baby just seems silly to me.

Hope is more irritating than silly. She should not be personally involved in handling Ben's case in the first place, as also has been well noted. I have to roll my eyes that Rafe is helping Sami, but Hope has become so intolerable, I wouldn't blame Rafe if he got back together with Sami. She's too busy looking for EJ though. Surprising she was able to divert her thoughts long enough to even think for a minute about her mother's condition.

Sami, Bonnie, and Kristen could all go looking for EJ or whatever else they want to do, so long as it is off screen and not mentioned.

Back