SPOILER !! Week Sept 12

Obviously, ReRon is in 7th heaven with the move to Peacock, where he can get away with a lot more than he could on network.

Definitely "edgier" will be the way he goes. Was surprised when Ava was back on the scene, but still acting younger than Ava is supposed to be. Currently, Johnny is 21, Ava in 50s.......that is a pretty big age difference for the writers to even hint at anything romantic or sexual between them. I mean, she is Tripp's MOTHER!!!

Then again, Days characters seem to reach whatever age and just stop getting older, don't they? LOL

We know it's always going to be seen differently when the woman is older than the man. My big ewww factor is either when the age difference is big enough that the younger person is young enough to be a grandchild, or when there may be a triangle between child, parent, and love interest, in this case possible triangle between Johnny, Ava, EJ. Just a whole lotta NOPE!!

I hope she makes him a lasagna and hands him a juice box like a woman old enough to be his grandmother (which is how old she should be) would.
Per what I read online, Johnny is 21, and his portrayer, Carson Boatman, is 28. I think he passes for 21, has boyish charm/good looks.

Tamara Braun, Ava's portrayer, is 51. I can't find out Ava's age, but I am sure it must be around that. So she is definitely old enough to be Johnny's mother.

Why do they have to repeat the Eve/JJ mess? Why can't this just be a friendship? But "da plot" had them see each other in the buff for a reason, alas and alack.

It seem inevitable that's where they seem to be going with Ava/Johnny, but there's also another possibility. Ava/EJ, as we all know there's a fine line between love and hate, where EJ and his women are concerned, as seen in both EJ/Samantha and EJ/Nicole. Each lady, I use the term loosely, has brought her own dynamics to EJ's world, as would Ava.

Sami brought her fire/drama, Nicole, her hatred of Sami (and best way for EJ to get back at Sami), and Ava has her fire, cunning (you can see it in her eyes), crime family (just like the DiMeras), and even her moments of vulnerability. Each has their charms
:wine:

Don't forget we had Kate boinking Nicky Alamain, EJ, Rafe and Jake.
I'm trying to remember if there's a non-relative male in Salem, that Kate hasn't bedded, at least once? :head scratch: Just ALL of them in general, not including the young bucks. :rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ava appeared first in 2008, already the mother of a grown son or two (Tripp, Charlie Dale) That would have put her in her 40s minimum. 14 years later ....mid 50s minimum...even close to 60. Johnny is 21. Ava is rather close to being age his grandmother would be.

Part of the ewww is the age gap and part of it is how young the character is. Kate and Jake didn’t bother me. If he’s in his 30s and she’s in her 60s, I don’t necessarily care. But 20 and 50 is gross to me.

Don't forget we had Kate boinking Nicky Alamain, EJ, Rafe and Jake. Having a cougar with a man young enough to be her son is nothing new here. Would've been nice had Ava and Johnny just formed a close friendship that didn't lead to/include sex.
Let's not forget Billie Reed and Nick Fallon (daughter's boyfriend).

Back