Well, I now understand Theresa better

She supplied Brady with drugs. She was his dealer.

Theresa stole money right and left after arriving in Salem. Yep, even got caught a couple of times. and the Bradys covered it all up. Remember Vargas? She sold him yp the river, and stole his $15,000.

I saw an interview with Jen Lilley (Theresa) some time ago where she said that her storyline would have us seeing a change in her character and feeling very sorry for her. Wonder what happened to that story segment? She is just a horrible, horrible person. I sure hope Brady sees right through her. On a different note, I loved how Kimberly just shoved Anne out of the way when she came barreling into Theresa's room.

edited to add character's name - please remember that not everyone knows the real names of the actors who play the various characters - JS

She supplied Brady with drugs. She was his dealer.

Theresa stole money right and left after arriving in Salem. Yep, even got caught a couple of times. and the Bradys covered it all up. Remember Vargas? She sold him yp the river, and stole his $15,000.

A drug dealer or trafficker is someone who sells or distributes. Theresa did neither. The guy she used drugs with paid for the drugs they used the drugs. While what they did was wrong and they could get busted for it was for their personal use and not to distribute.

Brady would have found another way to get it if Theresa couldn't. They were both wrong but Theresa wasn't dealing. As far as stealing goes Theresa tried to steal but was only somewhat successful when she stole from Vargas and that was a long time ago. My point was that she hasn't asked for any financial assistance from anyone and has supported herself living on her own.

It might be interesting if Jeannie Theresa gets into Brady's mind....it's either her of she takes the baby Tater-tot away...and just when he's ready to cave in...guess who shows up? Vargas!! AND wanting his money!! Now that might be interesting and for sure a way to get her to either behave or get out!

Well, there we disagree, SaraBeth, on semantics. Theresa got the drugs, and supplied them to Brady. She was constantly buying drugs, she stole from the hospital TWICE, in order to do so. I think $15,000 is a lot of money, plus she enticed Vargas to get her the coke that was found then on him, and back to jail he went. I refuse to pin any roses on Theresa.

She has lied, manipulated, faked, stole, and should have been back in jail. Yes, she cleaned up her drug act, not her alcohol one, though. Brady has cleaned up both. Theresa made sure she always had plenty of drugs in the house when Brady was going to be there, and even managed to get him so stoned, she got him to Vegas, and to marry her, something he did not remember.

Heck, Theresa is in the hospital, having just donated bone marrow, and wanted Eve to come over with a thermos of martinis for them both.
And now, she is plotting all the more to manipulate another person, and using her mother to do so.

I think Jen Lilley, who plays Jeannie T, does a fabulous job, but I certainly will not make excuses for Theresa's antics and behavior, nor place blame on anyone except Jeannie Theresa herself.

Let's not forget that she also purposely attacked John with the fireplace poker. There is no justification for that whatsoever. We all thought she would hit rock bottom when she overdosed and instead even that she used to her advantage by manipulating JJ. I don't think a baby will redeem her either.

I mentioned somewhere yesterday that Theresa should be in jail RIGHT NOW. Is it not illegal to leave the state/country when you're on probation? From what I can remember, she willingly got on that plane with Clint and left the state knowing she was still on probation. I wish once, just once, actual laws of the land where addressed AND upheld on DAYS.

I agree with you too Poirot, Theresa was Brady's supplier. She purposely secured drugs and alcohol to keep Brady dependent on her.

The writers are recycling the story, it's the same thing that Chloe did to keep Jennifer away from Daniel. I hope it doesn't last long. Theresa just said the courts side with the mother, that's not true anymore, especially with a drug addict/dealer, thief and attempted murderer. Kim is really stupid not to see that Theresa is just using her to get Brady back.

I've just watched these scenes and it does explain a lot of what Theresa feels about her mother and why. Kim (and Shane) had everything planned out for Theresa to move back to California without even consulting with Theresa first. That's smothering and not respecting Theresa as an adult. Theresa has a good job with good benefits (insurance, maternity leave and such) and they want her to uproot and go back to California with no job prospects to speak of. That whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way and even with Kim's history with the Kiriakis family, why would she think that it would be okay to take the child halfway across the country away from his father? It just felt presumptuous and heavy-handed to me.

Having said that, that doesn't excuse Theresa's behavior towards other people. It just helps explain what Theresa means when she talks about how strained things are with her and her parents, about why she doesn't want them around, etc.

Theresa resents her parents for whatever occurred in CA before she ever came to Salem, and has nothing to do with the baby, or Kim arriving to see the baby. She has made no bones about her dislike of her family ever. And Theresa continues to manipulate everyone. She knows she has done wrong by a lot of people in Salem, and hopefully, intends to change. But up to now, and I do mean today, May 27, she is still up to her old tricks.

I'm glad Brady is hiring Aiden instead of Justin, that way Victor's and Kim's past will have nothing to do with the custody case. I'm also happy to see that Brady is hiring Aiden to fight for his rights. I would serve Kim and Theresa with a restraining order preventing them from taking the kid out of Salem and sue for custody.

Back