Well, I now understand Theresa better

And today Theresa confirmed everything I said about feeling that Kim is overbearing, wanting to take them so she could take over raising the baby. I don't think they should bring up the Victor and Kim past if they don't tell Brady and Theresa what happened. While Victor has changed a lot it would make a lot more sense to both Theresa and Brady if they knew the whole picture. Then they could tell the grands and great gramps to butt out of the decision making.

@Rocky.....Well, Kim admitted to Theresa she made a mistake, one she was not ever going to do again, when she went to see Brady. And she also admitted that when Victor came in, she got mad, said things she should not have said, was sorry, etc. etc.

I never said Kim didn't make a mistake or didn't realize it after the fact. She still butted into a situation that her ADULT daughter should have been allowed to handle on her own or at the very least allowed to TRY to handle on her own. Kim hasn't allowed Theresa that opportunity to even try. That is the only point I'm trying to make is that Kim may have good intentions but she is going about it in the exact way that alienate Theresa by treating her like a child who can't manage her own life and that Theresa's resistance to her mother has now been given a little bit of validity and clarity as to why she feels that way.

We know that Theresa has issues and a horrible personality, but she has shown she is capable of maintaining a roof over her head, she's at work more than Jennifer is :rotfl: and she's still in the hospital after undergoing a procedure to help her baby so she hasn't even had time to truly screw up to the point of needing parental intervention.

Kim's doing it again today, she is dictating what is best for Theresa and the baby, and claiming Brady won't have time for Tate. I really don't like this version of Kim. She needs to get out of Salem and let Brady and Theresa decide what's best for their child. Sure, Theresa is going to use Tate to manipulate Brady but it's still none of Kim's business.

Btw, I LOVED Anne's little slip of the tongue today, "you gave up all of OUR money or something like that.

Nope, not a big fan of Kim, Eve, Paige, or Theresa. The only member of the family that I like is Shawn. And I guess Tate, but that might change when he grows up.

Kim was once kind and caring. She worked with abuse victims. She was also molested by her uncle. Suffered multiple personality disorder. Sex with Victor to save Shane. Her personality has now been distorted to the point of her being a cartoon version of, even a shadow of, her former self.

The current writers and producers seem to hate vets in general with the exception of Jennifer Rose and Samantha Gene. Hence why this show has centered around these 2 characters and their significant others and children for the past 2 years.

Everyone else just gets tossed to the backburner and/or rewritten in such a manner that these 2 characters always come out looking like they are better than everyone else.

Indeed. But the fact is, it does not work. No matter how much other characters on the show try to tell them (and us the viewers) how good they are. Jennifer is ruined, period. She's no better than Eve, as far as I'm concerned. These two shrews think the world revolve around them. The only difference is the writers want me to root for Jennifer, thus they feel the need to have Maxime (who gets on my last nerve) act as Jen Jen's number one fan ! Must I say again how I despise the way Maxine gushes over Jennifer, and Daniel, and Melanie, yet spits on Nicole ? :beat:

Anyway, I'm afraid I went off topic. To get back on topic, which is Theresa, she's ruined too and no matter what the writers do with this character, I will not accept her or enjoy her (no offense to the actress, of course). I hate the fact that story is repeating itself, with Theresa using her kid to get what she wants, in this case, dimwit Brady, just like Sami did all these years ago, using Will to get Austin and hurt Lucas. The fact that Theresa is not in prison for putting John in a coma and breaking her conditions for staying free is beyond me. Just as it is beyond me to see the writers continue to portray every woman on this show either as desperate, mean, stupid, pathetic, and more often than not, all of the above.

Honestly if it ever did come down to a custody battle, even though the court does tend to favor the mother, I would say Brady should take his chances and sue Theresa for full custody of Tate. She is pretty much proving why she is an unfit mother because she has to stoop so low as to threaten taking Tate away from Brady if Melanie doesn't leave Salem.

Among other things, Theresa is a drug addict and an attempted murderess. She did try to kill Brady's father John, after all, and she made Brady think that he did it, when the whole time it was her. And yes, Brady he has done some things too. But in comparison, he looks like the more stable option as far as being a full time parent because Theresa she has no idea what it takes to be a good mother. Has she even done parenting classes at all?

edited to add punctuation and for clarity - do not write your posts as one long, run-on sentence - JS

The thing is, Brady is an addict. Yes, he is sober right now, but any type of emotional trigger may set him to drinking and using drugs again. I know Theresa also uses drugs and alcohol, but they do not control her. She admitted this to Brady when she stopped him from having that spiked drink Anne was going to give him a few months ago.

Also, while family members might know about Theresa's attempted murder of John, it is not public knowledge. Aiden was not aware of that when Brady was consulting him last week. It is because of Shane and Kim that John did not want to go forward and press charges against her. He told her that when he confronted her after coming out of his coma. That is why she is not in prison for that act.

True, but they COULD hold that over Theresa's head to get her to agree to the terms. I mean, Theresa does not intend to go to CA, but is threatening to do it so she can get Melanie to be out of the picture. So Brady can return that favor, (or John) threaten to get her charged with attempted murder unless she backs off. So....stale mate.

Personally, I think Theresa is not doing herself any favors by trying to get rid of Melanie. Brady will resent her all the more. And Melanie, to even consider it is equally wrong. Just because her own parents did not raise her? Give me a break. Carly & Daniel would never have been TOGETHER as a couple, it might have been no different than Daniel & Chloe who currently take turns having Parker.

Brady is a druggy, kidnapper and attempted murderer himself. He has done nothing to show he is a good father since he has been chasing skirts since he got back to Salem.

My opinion on the Donovan/Brady family dynamics was formed back when Theresa overdosed and it hasn't really changed much. It did get a little worse when people that didn't even know her parents were able to tell her her parents didn't love her and it would affect her.

I wish the show had brought Shane and Kim back for 6 months instead of trying to force Mel into being the center of this story. It would have been nice to have that family work on their issues then Shane could have gone on the rescue mission with Brady, Theresa and Marlena while Kim was connecting with Eve and Paige. Instead we get a Jonas family reunion in front of not Christopher's hospital room.

While Kim was in town her and John could remember that at one point they thought they were siblings. John and Theresa acted like last year was the first time they had met. :rolleyes:

Back