What is your favorite days of our lives story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruuac

Reaction score
I was just remembering back to when I was a kid and watched when Julie's oven blew up and she was scarred. I think I remember her doing an aweful self-portrait painting during this time. I don't remember if she was married to Bob Anderson or someone else.
I think it would bring back fond memories if others shared their favorite moments from years back.

The courtship and marriage of Bo and Hope. I was just around Hope's age at the time, so I fell in love with them as they fell in love with each other. :)

My absolute favorite story line was Isabella's cancer and death. She was my favorite character, and although I hated to see her go, I thought that she and everyone else did a great job with those scenes. I have rewatched them on youtube, and I still ball.

John and Marlena the affair. One of the most well written s/l Days ever did it lasted for years but the payoff was amazing when they finally got together!!!

The Salem Strangler storyline because it introduced us to Roman and eventually the rest of the Brady's. In addition the twist of "killing" Marlena but later learning it was her twin Samatha was IMO brillant.

I love Bo & Hopes story, but I was totally drawn in to the Bo & Carly love affair! I just loved it. I remember Bo was gone as was the actor who played him but a new actor, Robert Kelker Kelly replaced him & came back to the show during the masquerade ball!

I also loved the cruise of deception. With Ernesto Tuscano, once thought to be Isabellas dad.

I loved the Carly put in a coffien and buried alive storyline. I thought it was great. I also liked the IVF storyline when Kate and Victor were tring to have a baby. Guess I like Vivian.

My favorite story lines were those of Bo and Hope (;eading up to their England Wedding), and Steve and Kayla (dating/weddings) especially the Gideon and Emily fantasy.

I was also a huge Jack and Jennifer fan.

Great question. Thanks maruuac.

I would have to say I like the couples stories best. Although I agree with DJM about the Carly-buried-alive story. That was great drama.

I love the early days of Kayla and Patch. They were my favorites for a long, long time (as you can tell from my screen name).

I loved Jack and Jennifer's romance and how it took Jack by surprise in the beginning. Jennifer was an intern at the Salem Spectator and he was the publisher, or maybe he was the editor. Philip and Stephanie's current storyline reminds me a little of it because of the office romance aspect.

And last but not least, Philip and Chloe's high school romance.

I loved the courtship of Eugene and Calliope and how he posed as the female love advice columnist.

I loved Steve and Kayla's courtship and marriage, but I loved it when Kayla couldn't speak and the day they married she surprised everyone by saying her vows. I cried and cried. I recorded it and still have it on VHS.

I also loved when Jack and Jennifer were "super slueths". The trouble they would get in trying to dig up dirt for the paper was hysterical.

I have been watching the salem stalker storyline, (don't know how i missed this one when it aired) anyways, I have been hooked. I especially liked the Sami/Kate bickering and Bonnie Lockhart just cracks me up! I think I have been more hooked to this s/l than the ones showing now. but my favorite story line might have to be the Kristen/Susan one..of which I am (NOT) patiently waiting for the rest to be posted on you tube!

I loved the Cruise of Deception, as it interweaved so many stories and lives at one time, in one place.
My favorite scene has always been Steve & Kayla's "first time" on the rooftop on a hot summer night.

i also loved john and isabella..that was a love story with everything, humor , angst, longing, a great wedding, a great birth scene, and a heartbreaking ending.

i also loved the sami-execution story. alison sweeney rocked the whole thing from beginning to end. her speech at the death chamber scene is one for the soap history books.

They have been so many but I think the one I have always loved the most is when John sees Marlena on the pier in the fog when Marlena returns to Salem. It was the most I ever cried in one day. I love romance and those two J&M are 1# in the romance department to me. I will miss them so much.

Where to begin . . . . .

I was just remembering back to when I was a kid and watched when Julie's oven blew up and she was scarred. I think I remember her doing an awful self-portrait painting during this time. I don't remember if she was married to Bob Anderson or someone else.
I think it would bring back fond memories if others shared their favorite moments from years back.

What I loved about this story was Julie reading "The Velveteen Rabbit" to Hope. It was the part about the Skin Horse telling the Rabbit what it was like to "be real".
:cry2:
I also liked the Mike & Margo story. The Hospital Fund raiser story when Margo sang "Over The Rainbow" for it. She had such a sweet innocent voice. This was soon before she died from Lukemia, I believe.
:cry2:
There are many more through the years. Marlena & Don were a wonderful story, Marlena & Roman's courtship was good. Him camping on her floor to protect her - against her wishes. Tom & Alice got up to some "antics" in their day, Mickey & Maggie and the dancing shoes. Steve & Kayla in the beginning - Steve pushing Kayla away saying she was too good for him. Tony & Renee, Lee Dumond and Doug. Bo kidnapping Hope from her wedding to Larry Welch. . . . . Kristen/Susan/et.al. SO many memories to choose from.

Omgoodness MystFaerie, You reminded me again and I sooooooooo want to find Margo singing that. I have searched everywhere for it.

I loved Steve and Kayla's courtship and marriage, but I loved it when Kayla couldn't speak and the day they married she surprised everyone by saying her vows. I cried and cried. I recorded it and still have it on VHS.

That was my fave too. My mom let me stay home from school for all the big DOOL events (weddings and such) but that was my all time favorite. Ahhh memories of super couples, love making songs, and happy endings. I miss that.

That was my fave too. My mom let me stay home from school for all the big DOOL events (weddings and such) but that was my all time favorite. Ahhh memories of super couples, love making songs, and happy endings. I miss that.

My Mom ever let me stay home just to watch Days. I was sick enough on my own that I would get to see a lot. I also could not afford any extra time off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back