What is your favorite days of our lives story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have to say all of the above were good, but my favorite has to be when Marlena was possessed. Boy was that not the good oh days!!!

We should also have a post for the worst storys!!!
That one for me would be Greta and Austin in the magic make believe land. UGGG

I would have to say all of the above were good, but my favorite has to be when Marlena was possessed. Boy was that not the good oh days!!!

We should also have a post for the worst storys!!!
That one for me would be Greta and Austin in the magic make believe land. UGGG

I loved possession too! I have watched it on youtube and man it was such a great s/l and so well writtena and acted. We just don't get that any more sadly.

I absolutely hated the Possession storyline, and would have FF'd thru any of it, if I had not been doing EE. Neither of my fellow EE writers cared for it either.
I loved different stories for different reasons, probably because I am a DAYS watcher/lover. Jack & Jen always held my interest, I loved them (except when NOT portrayed by Matt & Melissa). It is hard to pic a favorite.....tho I have already stated mine. Jack was such a complicated character, so many different facets. I had enjoyed Jen with Frankie as teens..but Jen with Jack was just perfect.
but John & Isabella story was mesmorizing, as was Marlena willing to put her life on the line to save John from the guilliotine at Aremid or Paris, I cannot remember where it was.
I absolutely adored the Emily & Gideon Civil war story for Kayla & Steve. I just loved it. And gad, sooooooo much better done than Colleen & Santo.

I guess that, like a Band-Aid, I just am stuck on Days.....thru the years.

I loved the Carly put in a coffien and buried alive storyline. I thought it was great. I also liked the IVF storyline when Kate and Victor were tring to have a baby. Guess I like Vivian.

I LOVED Vivian and Ivan.

As a J&M fan - I'd have to say: The Affair, the Pier reunion, Paris and Mason Blanche....Poison Soup, etc. Oh, that was fabulous acting, fabulous story telling, and wonderful viewing. I still have a lot of these of VHS and pop them in on occassion.
:hot:

I absolutely hated the Possession storyline, and would have FF'd thru any of it, if I had not been doing EE. Neither of my fellow EE writers cared for it either.
I loved different stories for different reasons, probably because I am a DAYS watcher/lover. Jack & Jen always held my interest, I loved them (except when NOT portrayed by Matt & Melissa). It is hard to pic a favorite.....tho I have already stated mine. Jack was such a complicated character, so many different facets. I had enjoyed Jen with Frankie as teens..but Jen with Jack was just perfect.
but John & Isabella story was mesmorizing, as was Marlena willing to put her life on the line to save John from the guilliotine at Aremid or Paris, I cannot remember where it was.
I absolutely adored the Emily & Gideon Civil war story for Kayla & Steve. I just loved it. And gad, sooooooo much better done than Colleen & Santo.

I guess that, like a Band-Aid, I just am stuck on Days.....thru the years.

The guillotine was in Paris. I loved that. I liked a lot of that storyline. Some of it was weird, but the weird parts were worth it for the good parts. I think my favorite was the affair, though.

Poirot, when you brought in the Band-Aid comparison, I thought you were going to talk about ripping it off. I wasn't really sure where you were going with that...kind of like how I'm not sure I decided to share that.

I was just remembering back to when I was a kid and watched when Julie's oven blew up and she was scarred. I think I remember her doing an aweful self-portrait painting during this time. I don't remember if she was married to Bob Anderson or someone else.
I think it would bring back fond memories if others shared their favorite moments from years back.
Hope was very little and the story "The Veveteen Rabbit" was involved in that s/l.
As to my favorite Alice busting Bo out of jail with her "drugged doughnuts

These are not in any order, but here they are:

1. Stefano faking Mickey's death and holding him prisoner on an island. Maggie had a hard time letting go, but she finally did and then fell in love with Don. Mickey finally escaped from Stefano and came home. When he learned about Don and Maggie, he had a heart attack.

2. Doug/Julie/Foxy Humdinger scenes.

3. Early Bo & Hope, Howie, Larry, New Orleans, England, Cruise of Deception, Maison Blanche.

4. Almost anything Marlena has ever done, except for Possession, Salem Stalker, and Alex North.

5. Early Stefano/Tony/Delia. The Slasher. The concert hall. The island. The baka. The prisms. The ice show.

6. Early Kim/Shane, before Eve showed up and they later divorced.

7. Early Steve & Kayla.

8. Early Victor, the Pawn, the Game, Pete & Melissa on the run (the only time I cared for these two was when Victor was after them).

9. The Deverauxs coming to Salem, Jack being Jo's son.

10. The whole Jack & Jennifer story until Matt Ashford was fired the first time.

I also liked John and Isabella, John and Diana, and a lot of JER's first tenure (especially when he brought back Laura, Mike, Hope, and others).

Some of the worst ones:

1. Possession
2. Salem Stalker (Suzanne Rogers' exit! Alice suffocating on a doughnut!)
3. Garden of Eden
4. Calliope Robot
5. Salem High

I agree, DJM. Carly being buried alive and Vivian talking to her. Creepy! I loved Vivian and Ivan. They were my all time fav's on Days!

Oh, when Stefano had the implant put in Vivian's tooth to make her think she was nuts.

Marlena being down in the well at Thanksgiving. When her patient thru the turkey at her.

I think my favorite although I may be the only one was the Princess Gina storyline. I loved Hope becoming a Princess and how her personality was so different and I loved how it all worked out with them finding her and she was pregnant and not knowing the father only to find out Zack was Bo's.

Here were my favorite's:

Vivian/Ivan and them stealing Kate's embryo and her giving birth and the time when Stefano implanted the thing in her tooth, Susan/Kristen from start to finish, The scenes in Paris where they all were hunting for Marlena, Hope as Princess Gina, When Bo (the other Bo not Peter) "married" Billie (Lisa Rina) in the snow with just him and her, Carrie and Austin on the Rooftop, Early years of Patch and Kayla, Hope working undercover at the Blue Moon with that handsome guy that worked for Peter Blake, Peter and Jennifer and Jack and Jennifer the 2nd time around, Bonnie Lockhart selling her Christmas Tree's, and all the John and Marlena stories.

I have been watching the salem stalker storyline, (don't know how i missed this one when it aired) anyways, I have been hooked. I especially liked the Sami/Kate bickering and Bonnie Lockhart just cracks me up! I think I have been more hooked to this s/l than the ones showing now. but my favorite story line might have to be the Kristen/Susan one..of which I am (NOT) patiently waiting for the rest to be posted on you tube!

I am with you, I am watching the salem stalker s/l too and it is so much better than any story they have on now. As for Susan/Kristen the entire s/l is on 86jams on youtube, it was such a great story!! Sad we can't have good writing like that again on Days.

My favorite storyline is Doug and Julie's romance. I loved it when Doug sang to Julie, I always think of them whenever I hear "The Look of Love." I was upset when Doug impulsively eloped with Julie's mother, Addie, but like Doug I grew to care about her as well. I remember Hope being born when Addie had leukemia and everyone thought Addie was going to die when she miraculously went into remission. I'll never forget the scene a few months later when Addie pushed baby Hope's carriage out of the way of a speeding car and was killed herself. So sad. It took Doug and Julie quite a bit of time to finally work their way back to each other but true love won out in the end and it still shows! I loved their passionate kiss this past New Year's Eve, over 30 years after they first got together. Of course, it helps that Bill and Susan fell in love in real life, as well.

I loved Jack and Jennifer and Brady and Chloe. Those two are tied for my favorites. But some lesser thought of s/l's that I was sorry more wasn't done with: Melissa and Brian Scofield (the whole who murdered Nick then Emilio) and Carly and Lawrence--another reformation storyline.
Oh, and specifically for the Jack and Jennifer: when Jack killed Harper to save Steve and Kayla at their wedding.

I think the best storyline was when Marlena was possessed and another personal favorite would be when Vivian buried Carly alive and of course anything with Stefano. I swear if they didn't bring him back all the time they would have no storyline's at all. The new storyline's with exception for The Dimera/Kiriakas feud all suck. Between Stephanie and Daniel I don't know who is more nauseating. Sami will be back soon acting more immature than her children. Hope is being ridiculous with Bo(though I do understand how she feels) but, she still shot the gun when she wasn't supposed to regardless of Bo having the vision so it isn't Bo's fault at all. Ugh, I don't know I think the writer's need some fresh new ideas or they will continue to ruin one of the best soaps ever to hit the tv screen.

Wow did some of these bring back memories..I think the first sl I remember was Julie/Susan /David triangle. That was the saddest thing I ever saw, is when David died after being shot by Susan. Then Julie finally found love again with Doug....after along long wait.And Doug's Place, with so much entertainment with Kitty, & Trish Clayton, Robere, Liz...And the affairs of Neil Curtis. Loved ,Pete & Mellisa, the Vipers, Eve Donovan & the pimp, Jennifer & Julio.Then there was the mystery of the Raven's feather, the death of Renee. Daphne Dimera's death in the plane crash, Andre sinking in the quicksand. On a lighter note, Chris Kosicheck & Mary (sunshine) Anderson, loved them. I always loved the singers, Liz's song Friends & Lovers for Shane & Kimberly.And the best when they had guest stars, the concert, Billy Vera & the beaters. Some of the best comedy was with Eugene & Caliopee,their wedding..the dogs wedding, the time machine! And how could we forget about Hope's wedding to Larry Welch, when Larry lifted the veil,Howie's cigar face! And especially, Bo rescueing Hope on his motorcycle, and the museum......romance at it's best. Aaahhh, they just don't write them like that anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back