What is your favorite days of our lives story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loved Shawn and Belle together but preferred Martha Madison and the original Shawn (can't remember his name in real life now, but the one before Brandon Beemer).

I think you're thinking of Jason Cook (1999-2006),
He wasn't the first, but he was the one before Brandon. :)

I have been reading on some other , and it seems that a lot of Guiding Light fans will be moving to DAYS to watch her, so hopefully this will help DAYS with some ratings I also read somewhere that Carly and Dr. Dan might be hooking up, which I'd be fine with Dr. Dan really needs to redeem himself, ever since the whole Kate then now Chloe storyline he has gone way downhill to me.

I think it was the story about Julie being burned... I was very young when that was on, but I can still remember Doug dressed as a heart-broken clown, very Paggliacci, and miming to Julie about how much he loved her. I think Julie was on pain meds and drinking, so I think she thought she was hallucinating.

The Sami and Lucas love story and wedding. Early Bo and Hope.

Days was usually my summer vacation soap...during the school year I watched General Hospital strictly. But the storylines that stood out for me over the years were:

Everything about Eve - loved her disrupting Shane's life. And I loved they used to play that Tracy Chapman song for her "She's got her ticket"

John and Isabella
Bo and Billie
Nicole and Eric
Philip and Chloe
Brady and Nicole
Jack and Jennifer (the pre marriage years)
Sami/Lucas/Carrie/Austin
John and Kate also Roman and Kate
Daniel and Chelsea

and now Philip and Melanie

Bo/Hope wedding in England.
Jack/Jennifer at Salem Spectator. Mrs H busting Roman out of jail.... Bee watching forever so my list could go on and on and on.

LOL the Marlena getting possessed storyline...it was the most ridiculous and unrealistic plot ever, but so entertaining and fun to laugh at! Especially the deep, evil voice she had while possessed. Sometimes I will watch clips of it on Youtube and it never ceases to crack me up! :D Proof that sometimes the funniest things are the stupidest ones...

I loved Philip and Chloe's high school romance when se was known as ghoul girl.

Also, i liked Kristen Storms (Belle) with jason cook (Shawn-D). I didnt like Martha Madison (Belle) at all.

I really like thoe whole Nicole/Eric s/l too.

I remember when Marlena was possessed too. LOL that was a ridiculous s/l. LOL

The whole Kiriakis affair, Pete, Melissa, and Tod on the run, leading up to the purse, the power, and the pawn! :D

It wasn't just a storyline but the whole magical 80's that got me hooked on DOOL. So many new characters came into the fold (Bo, Hope, Roman, Shane, Kim, Steve, Kayla, John, Jack, Victor, Eugene, Calliope, Tony, Anna, Stefano, etc.) and were able to capture our hearts and imaginations so much that they are still integral to the show 25-30 years later!

p.s. I think Tod's death was the first time I bawled my eyes out for a TV character. It was such a moving moment when Liz sang for her kid brother. Wow, just watching it again on YouTube, it made me cry! :cry2:

Roman (Wayne Northrop) spending the night sleeping on the floor in Doc's apartment The sparks between those two were priceless. That was the beginning of the Salem Strangler I think.

Then John seeing Marlene on the pier and realizing his Doc is alive.

the story line of the salem slasher and the whole storlyline and romance of Tony and Anna Dimera. been watching the show since Tony first came on the show

I grew up watching Days of our Lives...there have been so many memorable storylines...Stefano trying to capture his Queen of the Night (Marlena) and kill the pawn (John) was always my favorite. I loved the Paris/guillotine story. The Possession story was a little far out as was Carly being buried alive but I think they were done well for the time. Maybe because I was young at the time I appreciated those stories more. I LOVED the Kristen/Susan era...and I also loved Sami/Franco murder storyline. I was in HS around the time they did the Salem High era so Shawn/Belle, Chloe/Philip/Brady, Mimi/Rex was my favorite stuff. Feel like i grew up with them. Loved Sami and Brandon until she messed it up 9385 times. Jack and Jennifer were always fun. I remember the Coronation Massacre was pretty riveting! I remember purposely not reading the Early Edition spoilers that day because i wanted to be shocked! lol

The storylines i HATED were the Garden of Eden, Salem Serial Killer story (It started out good but i don't like where it ended) and most of the JER 2nd term as well as Deena Higley's stuff.

My favorite storylines:

Best: Alamania...1990....Jennifer posed as Katerina...Frankie and Alice held prisoner....Jack (as well as Bo, Julie, Shane and Kayla, and Carly)....came to her rescue....the build up to the scene where Lawrence raped Jennifer....then Jack and Lawrence had the sword fight....was very good storytelling and acting....Great suspense the whole time and I really liked how Jack didn't give up on Jennifer. The scenes in the coming months when she finally told him she was raped and how they dealt with that....still give me goose bumps.

Runner up#1....John and Marlena's affair.....beginning with Marlena being trapped in the hole by Stella...John saving her....THem admitting their feelings to each other on the pier....Marlena trying to pull away and resist the feelings...Then the scene on the plane when they make love.....And then the aftermath....Very good scenes and acting by both actors.

Runner up#2....Marlena's possession.....Kind of outrageous, but....very entertaining and I remember I was glued to the show during this time because I wanted to see what was going to happen next.

Runner up#3....Cruise of Deception

Runner up #4.....Maison Blanche....especially the scenes with Marlena and John being held captive by Stefano. And Marlena trying to seduce Stefano to save John.

I'm new to this forum and have found this thread to be a great trip down memory lane :) I didn't watch Days all the time, as when I first started I was in high school some 15 years ago!

For me I really remember the Lawrence/Carly episode where there was a wedding (to Bo?) and they found out that Nicky was their son. I can remember clear as a bell that John tried to hold someone back by reaching out his walking stick with a hook at the end.....fantastic!

I also loved Jack and Jen, and really wanted Mel and Nathan to get together.

I am living in Australia and we are months behind so some storylines haven't even played out here yet!

Here are my favorite Storylines in no kind of order

1.The Sami Brady Murder trial
2.The last blast teens trip to puerto Rico (great adventure storylineT
3.The real Princess Gina kidnaps Hope and Stefano, locks them in her castle and takes over Hope's life.

4. The Masscare at Greta Von Armberg's Cornation
5.The Sydney kidnapping Storyline
6.Pyscho Jan returns and kidnaps Shawn
7.The Salem STALKER STORYLINE
8. MELASWEN
9.The Gloved Hand Storyline
10.The return of Stefano in 2007
11. Carly returning to Salem and trying to protect her daugther from Vivian
12.Melanie finding out she is Carly's daughter
13.Nicole Switching Baby
14.The return of Tony Dimera in 2002
15.the return of Larry Welch in 2002

:kiss: :love: My favorite storyline has always been John and Marlena affair, when they brought the old Roman back in 1991 they created the best triangle ever, because obviously Marlena still love Roman 2(John) you can tell that on the pier, and even though he was "WITH" Isabella John still loved Marlena, so Izzy was pregnant the old Roman came back then John and Marlena went on with their lives with other people, I believe the knew what they were doing even way back in 91 they let John be with Izzy, planned that she would die after a little while of some incurable disease, John would grieve, Marlena would comfort Roman would fume, Stella would throw Marlena in the Pit John would find her instead of Roman, they would share some their true feeling about Mexico (it was so hard to watch you walk away with him)....feelings would resurface...they would admit their love for each other weeks later on the pier.(The pit ended just before Christmas, then came the charm bracklet and the watch. Jennifer show and then the pier I figured it out a couple of days ago and from the time of the pier scene until the Titan Conference Room was only 6 weeks, making love on the plane happened 3 weeks after the pier, then came Belle and finally about February or March 1994 when they found out that Belle was their daughter. (John said on the plane that they were doing what they had wanted it do for weeks [which was make love, I think they wanted to do this since the pier in 91] but this all happened in about 13 or 14 months although their love had been inevitable since they saw each other on the pier in the fog 91.... but at that point they did not really share a child together, so DOOL'S wrote the affair storyline to give them a child together.....which truly bound them together for life and now all these years later they are still bound together....
So why did they not let Roman 1 and Marlena stay together, after all they were once a supercouple they just were not right for each other anymore(I think they gave it a good shot in 92)but by that time Drake and Deidre chemistry together was so magical, they could not keep them apart. Though they threw Kristen into the mix, the audience found her unacceptable and though when Josh Taylor came on board in 97 they tried to give Roman and Marlena another chance, we just could not biy them together anymore, then they tried John with another DOOL great Kristan Alfonso as Hope/Gina and we still could not stand the idea of John and Marlena being apart.Then came Alex North with Wayne Northrup again which played out as it should have....now we have Kristen again coming along and stirring things up but once again John and Marlena loyal fans will get behind a reconciliation which will include a great storyline about rebuilding trust between to people who have shared so much love and such a great history together and I believe we are just in the beginning stages of this storyline...but eventually once again we will see John and Marlena back together again Just the way it should be~:kiss: :love::kiss::love::kiss::love::kiss:
I think that it may take a little help from their daughter Belle but I firmly BELIEVE that this is a love that will last FOREVER:kiss: TO QUOTE JOHN VERY OWN WORDS, I KNOW I HEARD HIM SAYS THIS SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE though right now I do not remember what exact scene it was that he said them

My favorite storylines were EJ & Nicole getting back together in 2011 (especially after Taylor left), Sami & Rafe's lovestory, and seeing Lucas return to Salem in 2012 and be with Sami. I really loved those. I also liked the build for Carrie and Rafe in 2012, especially them in the safehouse, where they nearly slept together and declared their love for each other. Another storyline I enjoyed was watching Brady and Madison fall in love. Her death was truly tragic. I also loved Will's gay storyline.

I agree with everything you said there, except the Carrie and Rafe thing and the instant (and constant) sex with Brady and Madison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back