Where did your username come from?

I don't remember if I posted in the old thread or not. Mine is a combination of my dogs names, Rockford (beagle) and Fosgate (black lab/pit mix), both passed away now. We named our dogs after a car audio company, Rockford Fosgate, because at the time we did car audio competitions and that was the brand we used most.

When I was about 12, my dad encouraged me to focus on my writing ability and not on some bad behavior I was getting into. He said I could change the world with my writing, and that stuck with me. Writing for me is part of how I make a positive difference in my own life and in the world (I'm a full time writer in addition to a graduate student in the field of mental health counseling) so I'm a heroic muse. :)

I use Muzzaman because while working and backpacking in Australia, this is the nickname the Auzzies give for people named Murray. Because I have such admiration and awesome memories of the times I've been Down Under, I use this for my username in many things. To this day, when I hear my cousin (from Australia who now lives in Vancouver) or anyone else from Australia say, "Hey Muzz or Muzza" it brings back great memories.

Back