Why is Abby so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My three cents: I'm not a fan of Abby, the character- I've not cared for her much since she went "she-wolf" on Austin and came out smelling like a rose. It's like there's two Abbys.

Take Nicole, for instance. We know who this woman is; for good or bad, we KNOW Nicole. After that it's a matter of championing Nicole or not. Many do; I'm one who does.

But with Abby ... she goes into these episodes of absolute opposite natures and then comes out on the other side acting rather- it's the eyes ... she looks like a helpless "oh poor me" silly little chit. At least to me she does.

And in this case, she and EJ, I am one who does believe she gave the final "push" in that cabin that led to their nasty dance.

When Abigail came to the locker room, I don't recall EJ excusing himself to get dressed or asking Abigail to leave. Does anyone else recall that?

If Kayla had agreed right off that Abigail had broken hospital policy and would fire her Sami would NOT have had to blackmail her into doing it. I know Abigail is her niece by marriage but she did something wrong and should have to pay the price for her actions. If it was anyone else that would be the case.

Abigail has been humiliated in front of her mother, her boyfriend and basically in front of most of Salem due to Sami's vengeance. She has also REPEATEDLY taken responsibility for the affair and has told everyone that she and EJ share responsibility. How much more of a price does she need to pay???

I like everything Sami is doing right now because she will fall that much harder when her vengeance comes back to bite her in her patootie. I want to see that!

That is what I am waiting to see. Sami ultimately always fails in her schemes.

I don't know what else people expect Abigail to do. She has apologized and owned her mistake, which is much more than Sami has ever done. Sami is also coming off as a vicious bully in this story, which will also make people like Kayla much more sympathetic to Abigail.

When Abigail came to the locker room, I don't recall EJ excusing himself to get dressed or asking Abigail to leave. Does anyone else recall that?

Abigail has been humiliated in front of her mother, her boyfriend and basically in front of most of Salem due to Sami's vengeance. She has also REPEATEDLY taken responsibility for the affair and has told everyone that she and EJ share responsibility. How much more of a price does she need to pay???

Sometimes being humiliated and saying you're sorry just isn't enough to kill the pain.......from either party. Sami needs to let it go now, but I can also understand her need for revenge.

I will agree that Sami is going a little far but would you expect anything less of her. When you wrong someone, you need to remember just who it is you are dealing with. It is no secret that when Sami feels betrayed, she goes overboard, so what did Abby expect to happen?

I have gone back and forth with Sami over the years, hate her, lover her, hate her, feel sorry for her, but the one thing that I can say is that Sami is who Sami is. She doesn't try to hide behind some false idea of herself.

I also understand that Abby has apologized and owned her role in the affair but saying you are sorry and truly being sorry are two different things. From their meeting in the park, I got the feeling that if E.J. would just say the word, Abby would jump right back into bed, or the shower, with him. She is wishy washy and that is one character trait that really annoys me.

Now for those of you who say that she has apologized and should be forgiven, I ask, how many of you feel Nicole should be forgiven for what she did to Eric? After all, she has admitted to her wrong doing and has apologized to Eric. Does she get the same sympathy as Abby?

Boysmommy, I love Nicole she is my favourite character, which is something Sami of old used to be. I have never said nor read that Abigail should be forgiven (possible that I missed it) but Sami needs to move on.

My problem is that she is acting all too high and mighty for someone that does not stand by the same moral code she holds others to. I am not saying she should not be angry but her and her sanctimonious twin Eric need to get over themselves.

She was not a novice to Elvis shenanigans, to put it nicely, and knew full well what he was capable of and that he had cheated not once but numerous times. What made Sami think she was excused from that? She wasn't and it only served to prove to me what I always felt that it was the chase of Sami that he was interested in and once he had her needed a new thrill. Enter Abby and the plot point "friendship" with Sami.

Bottom line, the DiMera power has gotten to Sami's head making her think she's invincible and so much better. This is what annoys me with this character. The REFUSAL of the Powers That Be to have her grow up in her schemes and behaviours. There is not a single character other than Sami that I know of who hasn't evolved. She came close a couple of times only to regress her so they could go ahead with the lock stock and barrel pairing.

Finally I believe Nicole deserves so much better than Eric and I hope she is given a new man that loves HER for HER and not this idea of her from over 10 years ago.

I am so glad to see someone else on team Nicole. Since I am rather new here I am not sure how most of you feel about her but my friends at home who watch Days are not big fans of Nicole. I too would love nothing more than to see her happily settled down with a nice man (and a baby). I hate what the writers have done to her character. Can't she at least have a little happiness.

I am over Eric and think Nicole deserves so much more. I really kind of like her chemistry with Brady if he could get his life back on track. I loved that Maggie was nice to her and acknowledged that she was there as a friend because she really cares about him.

Boysmommy, it seems most people love Nicole on this site. She is definitely my favorite character, always has been. She isn't always right but it seems she does the wrong things for the right reasons. Sami, on the other hand, does the wrong things either because she is stupid or she just wants to hurt people.

Personally, I wold like Nicole with Rafe or Brafy. She is too good for Eric or EJ, even though I enjoyed them in the past.

What peeves me is the blatant favoritism to the EJ/Sami coupling.
Ditto. Also, Poirot's post #5 sums up my feelings perfectly.

Now for those of you who say that she has apologized and should be forgiven, I ask, how many of you feel Nicole should be forgiven for what she did to Eric? After all, she has admitted to her wrong doing and has apologized to Eric. Does she get the same sympathy as Abby?
Yes, she does (here and on twitter). I'm not one for seeing Abby OR Nicole treated as Nicole has been by everyone in Salem.

Abby has owned what she did and Sami is going too far. If Sami were keeping this personal and holding a grudge, it would be different.

And as to the hospital policy - feh. Stupidest thing ever to serve DA PLOT. Half the dang hospital should be fired for the "morals clause" violation, first and foremost the miracle surgeon Dr Smarm.

As to the two Abigails, it is an unfortunate thing that happens to "legacy" characters often. Think Nick, Will, Jeremy, Carrie, Scott, etc. I brain-bleach daily to forget about the horror of Austin/Abby, which was one of the stupidest storylines in a year of really awful storylines.

Oh another reason many (at least from what I've read/heard) are more sympathetic to Abby than Sami is Sami's tired old "ruined my happy family" garbage line.

There's also the fact that Sami continues to insinuate that the affair is ongoing (whether or not either party wants it, it is NOT still happening), as well as the fact that she keeps saying, "You slept with my husband," when she only married EJ to defraud him, and she KNEW about the affair before marrying him. (And NO I am not giving Abby a pass on sleeping with an engaged man. But Sami is lying to play up people's sympathies, and lying badly, too.)

That's what makes Abby so special, in my book, though I hate the inconsistent writing for the character. And I reiterate, Abby was wrong, EJ was really wrong, but now Sami is piling on with her harebrained revenge. Just my opinion.

JasonDi, Samanther aught to remember that she slept with a MARRIED man, while I am also not down playing what was done to her. Being engaged and being married is not quite the same thing. Especially when people break their engagements for various reasons. Sami in my opinion has past her expiration date as a character period.

Okay I have to say this but how ...can I say this.. After ALL and I do mean all EJ has done that the Salemites know about why wouldn't they be protective of Abby. She was sort of young when she did the Austin thing (I know its no excuse) and I don't condone anything she has done but why wouldn't they think of EJ as the "Big Bad Wolf" when she hasn't done that much...yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back