Why is Abby so special?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the Abby story is everyone treats her like she's a victim. Like she was EJ's victim and when she corrects them and tells them it was totally mutual it's like they are wearing reflectors and refuse to hear or see that Abby could possibly have been the "other" woman. She couldn't possibly be responsible for hurting Sami. She couldn't possibly have cozied up to Sami's kids.

Nope no matter what Abby says, nobody will accept that she wasn't taken advantage of and they all also refuse to see or believe that Sami is deeply hurt over not just what EJ did to her, but what Abby did to her. Not one person has truly considered that Sami has real feelings that were destroyed. After all Sami is a bad girl so she must be in the wrong..... and this is all before Sami has to remind each of them that she was the one who was cheated on by someone she had befriended.

Nobody had said to Abby "how could you do that?" but they all have said it to Sami. And Adrienne, oh Adrienne.... It's the fact that everyone is jumping to Abby's defense and not considering that Sami was hurt; that is just pouring gasoline all over Sami's fire.

Also Abby is a little lying twit. To everyone else she says she doesn't know why the affair happened and bats her big eyes, but then she chose to try and rub Sami's nose in it saying how she and EJ connected and Sami is just stupid.

Then Abby goes around like she didn't just do that. Oh boy did Abby make a huge mistake because she decided to pour some gasoline on it as well. At this point EJ is still on the "I love S'manther and I'm gonna win her back" and Abby is choosing to refuse to see that he did drop her when Sami let him back in her bed.

And when EJ gets all frustrated at not getting any from Sami, I have no doubt he'll go back sniffing at Abby and she will jump him in a second. Now, the first affair I enjoyed because it showed that EJ was the pig he's always been. I won't be behind another go around with him and Abby.... well, unless he decides she is his obsession and starts ruining all her real relationships the way he did to Sami.

I know Sami is going too far, but I'm enjoying watching her do it. Almost 15 years ago my husband cheated and I didn't have the guts to confront the woman - who I still work with and have to see regularly and even now when I see her I get an urge to rip her face off...... So GO SAMI!

Abby wasn't innocent and I'm tired of seeing people on the show jump so fast to yell at Sami for going after Abby. Abby knew what kind of a fighter Sami was when she and EJ started their affair. She is getting what she knew would happen if Sami found out.... and EJ deserves to suffer too!

The problem with the Abby story is everyone treats her like she's a victim. Like she was EJ's victim and when she corrects them and tells them it was totally mutual it's like they are wearing reflectors and refuse to hear or see that Abby could possibly have been the "other" woman. She couldn't possibly be responsible for hurting Sami. She couldn't possibly have cozied up to Sami's kids.

Nope no matter what Abby says, nobody will accept that she wasn't taken advantage of and they all also refuse to see or believe that Sami is deeply hurt over not just what EJ did to her, but what Abby did to her. Not one person has truly considered that Sami has real feelings that were destroyed. After all Sami is a bad girl so she must be in the wrong..... and this is all before Sami has to remind each of them that she was the one who was cheated on by someone she had befriended.

Nobody had said to Abby "how could you do that?" but they all have said it to Sami. And Adrienne, oh Adrienne.... It's the fact that everyone is jumping to Abby's defense and not considering that Sami was hurt; that is just pouring gasoline all over Sami's fire.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

OH I am SOOOOO Glad someone said this. I am another person who reads all the time but doesn't post. I can't stand that everyone in Salem says to Abby.. "OH but it WASN'T your fault". Everyone defends what Abby did as if she is so perfect and pure and couldn't possibly have been her fault.

Ok, yes she says to them "I did it too" but they don't seem to care because no WAY could it be her fault. My point with all of this is that if it was Sami at the same age that did these things, she would have been CRUCIFIED by her mom, dad, aunts/uncles etc. They would never let her forget what a disappointment she was etc. One of these same aunts is an aunt to Abby... she immediately defended Abby instead of saying to Sami "oh my God! You poor thing" etc. She went right to the "oh I'll talk to Abby".

No, Abby broke the rules at the hospital and that's what happens. She should lose her job if you broke them. If ONE person actually yelled at Abby about how disappointed they were in her I think I'd feel some kind of sympathy for her over what Sami is doing but the fact that yes.. SHE did instigate it and she kept it going and I truly believe would jump for the chance to continue the affair; makes me applaud everything Sami is doing to her.

Even Abby's boyfriend thinks its ok she slept with him and that makes absolutely NO sense. This is a pattern with Abby. too. Let's not forget that. Every mistake Sami has ever made is thrown in her face by someone and that is not the case with Abby. Everything is excused away by all of Salem because it's Abby.

I liked Sami's comment to JJ about how he destroyed the square etc and what really happened to him? She was spot on with her comments. GO SAMI. Oh and one last thought.. I WISH one of the people defending Abby would have heard her tell Sami how SHE has a connection with EJ. How they share a love of art etc. THAT is the Abby that Sami knows.. that conniving girl... but of course she doesn't tell everyone else.. she just shrugs her little shoulders, bats her eyes and says I know I was wrong. Forgive me. BLECH.

The thing is, Sami DID do those things and worse, which she has shrugged off now as "she was young back then". Sami's family has never come down on her, and Sami has never paid. She never got community service, never apologized, and has always had the support and love of all her family.
Yep, Sami was wronged now, just as SISTER Carrie was wronged years ago, and husband Rafe just a couple years ago. Sami has a long list of transgressions for which her family has not said a word.
I think Sami has been totally angry at herself, because everyone warned her, she refused to believe them, she knew better. EJ had changed. How many times has she uttered those words, only to realize her family, friends, ex-husband, acquaintances were all correct. It was she who wore the blinders.
So now, she is striking out, with the guilty Abby as her target, basically ignoring the equally guilty EJ. She got his company, so that is that. Abby will feel all the wrath.
And Abby has not asked anyone to "forgive" her. She has said she was sorry, she won't let anyone absolve her of any blame. So what more can she do.
Hang herself in the middle of the square. Maybe take out an ad in the paper, a huge one, saying she is guilty of having sex with an engaged man? Stay in her house and never come out. I don't think Sami would be happy no matter what Abby tried to do.

I hope you mean characters on the show, OS, because if not...and you mean viewers, Now I have to disagree there.
I loved Sami for years, and knew when she did wrong, and still loved her. She was just Sami, the good and the bad. But when she made the decision to hook up permanently with the man who had done her so much wrong, treated her so very badly, and her family as well, I no longer was a huge Sami fan.
As to Abby....from what I read, most viewers who "like her", have said, "she done wrong". Every single time. And they don't think it o.k.
What they think is that Sami is focusing all her anger and venom on Abby, while EJ gets none. Sami went to Abby's home, blasted her there, making sure her mother was there. She went to Abby's boyfriend, sweetly filled him in. She went to Abby's employer and made sure Abby was fired, but threatened to deprive promised money to the hospital in order to force it to be done NOW, and that Abby be required to list her sin on her letter of resignation. And she is not done yet, so she says.
What Abby did was not o.k., of course. And folks have said so.And, on the show, Abby does not try and whitewash what she did.
So.....I am truly at a loss as to why it is thought that anyone thinks everyone is O.K. with what Abby did because they like her. I see plenty of posters who have liked Abby wanting Sami to do even more, and I also see plenty of those who love Sami say she is going overboard on the payback to Abby.
So......who is right? Everyone has their own opinions, whether you like or not. (And the same goes for a couple of other stories going on, but this thread is about Abby)

I don't think anyone can say who is right on a soap opera.......the writers don't even know. I don't love Sami or hate her and I do think she is going a bit overboard, but it IS entertaining to watch. EJ and Sami together were entertaining to watch.

Would I live my life they way Sami has......no, I wouldn't, but that is real life and this is make believe. I don't really like the character "Abby" but not just because of the affair with EJ. Do I think she has been "punished" enough? Probably so.....probably more than would ever happen in real life but once again this is a fairy tale. It has been very entertaining but I am certainly ready for Sami to move on to revenge on EJ and forget about Abby.

I don't think there would be anything entertaining about another Sami/EJ hookup. I hope that ship has sailed. deleted spoiler info in non-spoiler forum....JS

How about some more from Hope and Aiden or John and Marlena. Paige and JJ just don't do much for me nor do Abby and Ben or the other younger couples. Maybe I am just getting to old and realistic to watch anymore......but I will continue, and hope for better storylines to come.

I think the only reason other characters seem boring is because the writers are concentrating on Sami & EJ..
Just think how it would go if Maggie was the one who learned her husband had a fling? And she managed to gain control of his companies, spewed venom on the unlucky female all over town. Nice sweet Maggie, turned into a vengeful harridan.
And Victor is left high and dry.

The same story, or a variation of it could have been written for any of the other cast members, giving them meaty story.

I think the only reason other characters seem boring is because the writers are concentrating on Sami & EJ..
Just think how it would go if Maggie was the one who learned her husband had a fling? And she managed to gain control of his companies, spewed venom on the unlucky female all over town. Nice sweet Maggie, turned into a vengeful harridan.
And Victor is left high and dry.

The same story, or a variation of it could have been written for any of the other cast members, giving them meaty story.
And if the focus is not on EJ and Sami, instead it is on the Love Doctor and Haggifer...seems they cannot write an ensemble show properly anymore. There is no balance.

edited to fix quote....JS

The thing is, they film so very far in advance, ridiculously far in advance, that even when they recognize a problem, they cannot do anything that would help the show, the cast and especially the viewers for 6 mos. And by then, just toooo late.

It may seem like Abby is getting the brunt of Sami's anger, but I think Sami is hitting EJ where it hurts him - money. Sami made sure Abby lost her job and was humiliated, but Sami took millions away from EJ.

It would be pretty hard for Sami to humiliate EJ more publicly since he doesn't seem to care what public opinion is of him, but she did get him thrown in jail. So Abby might be taking the attacks a lot worse because she isn't as hardened as EJ, but both of them seem to be getting wiped out by Sami.

And why wouldn't Ben be on Abby's side? Abby had this affair months ago before she even knew Ben. She did NOT cheat on Ben. So, he should automatically disown Abigail because of an admitted mistake she made months before she met him? Really?!?

Abigail has repeatedly taken responsibility for the the affair and then some. It's not her fault if other people in Salem still choose to blame EJ, even after she has admitted her part in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back