Will is stupid

I'm surprised that some are surprised that Will can be this stupid at times. This is the same kid who worked for EJ and although he was blackmailed into it initially, in time he came to enjoy the job and the perks. Remember when he stole Abe's campaign ideas during the mayoral campaign and EJ used the ideas as his. Everyone tried to get Will to see the light, but he listened to none of them. Will had to learn the hard way with EJ taking his car and kicking him out of that luxury apartment he set him up in.

What about when Nick convinced him that pretending Nick was the father of Gabi's baby was the best thing to do to save his relationship with Sonny and then saying it was the best thing for the baby to have a stable home. Sonny tried to convince him that Nick was pushing him out of his child's life because he was gay, but Will didn't believe him.

My point is, Will Horton has had many moments when he wasn't the sharpest crayon in box and he always suffers a fall afterwards. This is just another of those moments.

The first step in getting Will to "man up" and stop being an idiot will be to dress him properly. That blue paisley shirt with the blue vest was oh so pre-school.
Thank YOU!!! I was saying the same thing when I saw him yesterday that vest/shirt combo has to go! I just dont think the actor playing WIll is doing a good job at all capturing Will. My opinion but I can stand the way he babbles..

About Will's clothes....who picks them out? Does someone in wardrobe select his odd outfits, or does the actor choose from a particular rack or closet??? It has never been established exactly what state the town of Salem is in, just that it is somewhere not that far from Chicago. Is it possible that there is a particular style that is popular in this state? If they think they are making Will look sexy to some portion of the audience, I'm curious as to what section that is.

I think Paul knows who Will and is playing him. This looks to me like someone who has game plan.

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/B5JcEWJIYAEfgQx.mp4

I also just don't see Paul flirting with a reporter like that. He has Derrick right there if he can't help to get his flirting or whatever else on. His flirting with Will came across to me as fake as it was with the ladies. A little bit too much of an act than genuine interest. So until future evidence says otherwise.

just that it is somewhere not that far from Chicago. Is it possible that there is a particular style that is popular in this state?

While I don't live there any more, I visit quite often, and the answer is a resounding NO! That is not something popular anywhere except in Archie comics maybe. LOL

And the clothes are chosen by wardrobe, who purchases the items. A few actors wear their own items once in a while. Sometimes the director specifically states a certain item is to be worn. (Just an aside, but MY opinion was that perhaps those styles that seem to be favored, are the "in" thing in the L.A. area. All those too short dresses, so skin tight every little bulge shows, sleeveless, cut out, and definitely not worn in mid-winter in the midwest, or Chicagoland area.

I'm surprised that some are surprised that Will can be this stupid at times. This is the same kid who worked for EJ and although he was blackmailed into it initially, in time he came to enjoy the job and the perks. Remember when he stole Abe's campaign ideas during the mayoral campaign and EJ used the ideas as his. Everyone tried to get Will to see the light, but he listened to none of them. Will had to learn the hard way with EJ taking his car and kicking him out of that luxury apartment he set him up in.

What about when Nick convinced him that pretending Nick was the father of Gabi's baby was the best thing to do to save his relationship with Sonny and then saying it was the best thing for the baby to have a stable home. Sonny tried to convince him that Nick was pushing him out of his child's life because he was gay, but Will didn't believe him.

My point is, Will Horton has had many moments when he wasn't the sharpest crayon in box and he always suffers a fall afterwards. This is just another of those moments.

Excellent points, all by these terrible writers or the previous EJ-loving dumb writers, Just My Opinion.

As to the fashion, I'm a bit away (~6hrs) from Chicago and that is a foreign style to us here. Some of the characters are smartly dressed, to reflect their character; either that is not what they're doing for Will, or they're trying to tell us he's a vaudeville performer.

I live in Chicago and Will's style would be something that would be worn in the Wicker Park neighborhood of the city. It is full of artsy/hipster college kids that have styles similar or even weirder than what Will is wearing LOL. Even though the actor has changed, I don't get why they would change the style of clothes. I thought Chandler Massey (former Will) had a great wardrobe. I think JJ and Chad are the best dressed men on the show as whole.

edited to add character's name....JS

Wardrobe pulls Will's clothes from the "discarded, no one wears this stuff", a mistake to buy" basket.
Sometimes I think the wardrobe buyers go in somewhere to buy a bunch of clothes, and get a "deal" only if they take some of the really ugly, bad stuff off the hands of the store owners. LOL

The worst part of Will's outfit is that the dress shirt is not tucked in. The back of his shirt is hanging over his butt and the vest is tightly cinched in back. It just looks stupid. A dress shirt and vest are not casual wear; leaving the shirt untucked does not make it casual wear. The new Will seems alot more meticulous and sorry but that shirt over the butt doesn't say meticulous to me. If he wants to dress like a big boy he needs to tuck that damn shirt in. He did the same thing with that horrid yellow plaid shirt.

Perhaps Will just has no taste at all. Doesn't care.

His vest is way too tight. That bothers me more than the blue paisley shirt. I think the shirt is actually an "improvement".

Back