Wondering about Ben and Xander

Now that news that Sarah is leaving and Ciara has forgotten she loves Ben. What will their Gents do?

• Leave Salem in search of their beloved

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Move in with Marlena and become her new favorite sons

• Resort back to their former lives of less than savory habits

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Find and woo new women finding love a second time

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • other - your choice - explain

• Total voters
I think Ben and Claire will move on together, just in time for Ciara to regain her memory and come back to town. After all, with the exception of Charlie, Claire has always seemed to go after the guys who liked Ciara first.

As for Xander, I am extremely bummed out about Sarah leaving as she does not want to be separated from Xander. I have enjoyed their pairing as Xander is the only one who makes Sarah likeable. She just needed to lose the baby talk with him. Also, as it is Kristen who is taking away their happiness. I could see him resorting to his old ways and somehow finding out that Kristen was involved with Sarah leaving and arrange it so Brady finds out what she has done. Brady leaves Kristen, gets full custody of Rachel, and he and Chloe start something together, since it looks like they are not moving in the direction of Philip and Chloe. Hopefully, Susan is freed from prison and Kristen goes back and is thrown into isolation where she is allowed no visitors.

I don't think they will put Chloe with Xander. She has enough to deal with between Brady and Philip. I am hoping that the latest story involving the eternally UNCHANGED Kristen will be an end to anything to do with Kristen and Brady, unless they are both leaving and can go hide some place. I think they originally brought back Chloe to be with Philip, but she does well with Brady, and Philip seems to have no purpose at all anymore.

As for Xander, I am extremely bummed out about Sarah leaving as she does not want to be separated from Xander. I have enjoyed their pairing as Xander is the only one who makes Sarah likeable. She just needed to lose the baby talk with him. Also, as it is Kristen who is taking away their happiness. I could see him resorting to his old ways and somehow finding out that Kristen was involved with Sarah leaving and arrange it so Brady finds out what she has done. Brady leaves Kristen, gets full custody of Rachel, and he and Chloe start something together, since it looks like they are not moving in the direction of Philip and Chloe. Hopefully, Susan is freed from prison and Kristen goes back and is thrown into isolation where she is allowed no visitors.

A good idea but I want to see Kristen die for real. I think Xander should kill her once the truth comes out and everyone should be "oh, well, she got what she deserved". Usually, I'm against cold-blooded murder in fiction but after everything Kristen and her family have done it is high time for the last of the Terrible Trio (Stefano, Andre, & Kristen) to shuffle off the mortal coil.

But they just brought Theo back to town, and Claire looked super excited. I cannot sit through another love quadrangle with Claire/Ciara/Ben/Theo. I can't. Please, in the name of all that is holy.

I'm super upset about Sarah. I finally got used to her and really liked her with Xander. Maybe she'll be back at some point. I don't understand these decisions. It doesn't sound like she wanted to leave. It sounded like they're giving her the ax. Meanwhile, Kristen is playing 82 different characters everyone hates. I hope they keep Xander as a quasi-hero. He's much more interesting and fun as the goofy good guy with an edge than as a psychopath.

I feel like Sarah will also return just in time for Xander to have moved on. Like maybe they think that by having her give statement that she's leaving the show, we'll actually be surprised when she shows back up next sweeps. Which is probably how long the Kristen crap will drag out.

Well, Ron is unable, apparently, to write for multiple cast members, seems to prefer "short stories" featuring just a few characters, then dragging the short story out forever til folks get bored. Maggie, Sarah, Hope have all left the show. Victor, John, Steve have not been seen in forever. Kayla & Marlena get pulled out of mothballs for a few brief appearances, before disappearing again. And then, we get intro to a story, which also vanishes completely. Abby holding Gwen hostage, Chad trying to mend fences with Abby, Charlie murdered....But gee, gotta visit Kate constantly jealous of Gabi, and Gabi trying to seduce Jake (who she was with for about a nanosecond before the actress left the show, but is now returned) No idea what happened to Philip, Brady lost whatever brains he used to have, & Kristen has been turned into the Queen of impersonations.

After watching today's show, I'm even more bothered by the direction things are headed. I'm always complaining (I know that), but for some reason, this rehashing of the Kristen with a mask story on top of her pretending to be Susan PLUS turning the clock back on Ciara's character with the amnesia might be a deal-breaker for me.

I even fast-forwarded through some of Xander's scenes because I love that character as he stands now, and I can't stand that they are about to gut him with this fake Sarah nonsense. Maybe if she were staying, it would be different because I would know it was going to turn out, but knowing that she's going to be leaving, presumably without Xander, I feel like, "Why bother watching this stupid show? There's zero consistency, and as soon as I get attached to the few things that work, they'll just toss them overboard for nonsense."

I'm very disgruntled as a viewer, and I might be done putting in the investment. Maybe that's just me today and I'm venting, but I HATED today's show. It's the first time in a long time I've been that put off by what I watched, and I've fought through a lot of idiotic stuff in the past few years.

Awww, little thing like tattoo would not bother the writers, not at all. Meanwhile........PERHAPS Ciara goes to some rehab place for a while. The actress is open to "arcs" so is willing to come for a while, as long as she is free to do auditions for other things.

Ben could be written out for periods of time to visit her, but I would prefer he either go back to work, or security post, or something.

Days is catching a lot of flak for all this nonsense.....however, it is bothersome there has been no "renewal" announcement by NBC.

JungleMadness - I'm honestly hoping they end the suffering.

A renewal would certainly result in big cuts that will further destroy the show.

I'd like to believe otherwise but has the quality gone up in the last few years?

Perhaps if they'd consider monetising past episodes via their subscription streaming service. Nah, nobody likes nostalgia. :sarcasm:

Back