Wondering about Ben and Xander

Now that news that Sarah is leaving and Ciara has forgotten she loves Ben. What will their Gents do?

• Leave Salem in search of their beloved

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Move in with Marlena and become her new favorite sons

• Resort back to their former lives of less than savory habits

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Find and woo new women finding love a second time

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • other - your choice - explain

• Total voters
I wish they would try to get Sheri Anderson back

I'm with you Jen67. I was discussing this with an absent friend from this board the other day - there have to be oodles of people trying to work their way up in the soap world, or writing for TV, etc., who could be tapped.

Why did we go with the guy who crashed two shows?

It just infuriates me that they continually lay groundwork for what could be compelling stories and then get more and more ridiculous as the stories drag out. There are certain elements that remind me so much of Passions, but Passions was meant to be hokey and strange. It doesn't work for Days. I'm waiting for a portal to open up in Town Square.

I just don't understand the point of bringing Ciara back for this. It's almost like they have a deal with actors where they will just write them a story when they are willing to work whether it works or not. I think they treat Ciara like she's some sort of legacy character too, and I don't see her that way at all. I would have been perfectly happy with them coming up with some evidence that she actual was dead. Maybe Hope finds her deceased and that somehow explains Hope not returning.

And poor Xander. I wish they had just gone with a recast and skipped all of this nonsense.

Maybe Hope finds her deceased a
I was expecting this too. It could have played out:
1. Evidence of death of Ciara found
2. Hope is notified by Rafe - she's returning to Salem
3A. Everyone prepares for Hope coming back, it's happening "tomorrow"
3B. Everyone is worried about Hope, Shawn-D, Claire, and Julie especially
4A. Shawn-D and Rafe are outside Hope's house "the morning she's arriving" - there's a "FOR SALE" sign
4B. Inside, they find a note from Hope - she arrived early, but everything in Salem reminds her of what she's lost. She's going to visit Scotty in Namibia.
5. Everyone moves on with their lives

They had no problem recasting Jennifer and Kristen. Or Brady, Shawn, Belle, Chad, Claire, and Abigail over the years. They can do the same for Hope. Other shows (General Hospital is the only other soap I watch, so I'm basing off this) sometimes bring in a fill-in for a few episodes when something happens to the normal actor. It's not like the world would end.

Let's see, Ciara has been found, is in hospital. So, off screen, Hope comes to see her daughter for herself, so happy she has been found, or better yet, calls her, then says she cannot return to Salem yet, (some family member is in need of her help).

Just an aside, but I have become very concerned over no announcement from Days or NBC as to a renewal. This usually comes forth in February, and it is already nearing end of March. With the various actors having left, makes me nervous.

Back