SPOILER !! 2016 Returns Recap/Teaser

In light of the recent news I'm hoping for a rewrite. His exit was very lackluster. If he must leave have it be revealed he was somehow partially revived and he briefly returns in a weaken state as part of one final grand scheme during which he meets his true final demise.
After being hauled around in a tarp and have building blown up on him. Good grief.

I just had a thought. What if Chad and Abby start to remodel the mansion, and find the real Aiden in a "secret" cell in one of the dungeons?

Rafe would back off from Hope cause he knows what Aiden has been through.

After that, he and Roman start a "Never have love club" for men that are destined to be forever alone.

The thing is, Stefano (Joe Mascolo) has been interviewed, and he HAS left the show. Besides his age, he has health issues which prompted his decision. But, he did hint that what WE saw as Stefano's last appearance, might not be the last.
Which makes ME think that Stefano may appear in a dream, vision, flashback or ghost perhaps.

I wonder if somehow - despite being found in the rubble of that building - Stefano was not dead after all. Not sure about tax debt but there is a thing called a TOD (transfer on death) deed and it would be interesting to know if the back taxes on the DiMera mansion are forgiven once the deed passes. It could give Stefano a LOT of leeway for revenge and frankly would be a more fitting departure for the character and for Joe Mascolo (Stefano), for no one to know for sure what happened. It would be far more in keeping with the mystique of Stefano DiMera to leave people to forever wonder if "The Phoenix" would rise again.

edited to add actor's last name - JS

Last edited by a moderator:
Soaps do crazy things and I'm wondering with Aiden's return and hope for a double if he wasn't switched out when Aiden was preparing to kill Hope and he said I can't do this. They went to commercial and when they came back he was just totally carrying out the plan. No more mention of I can't do this. Was Andre watching, saw him hesitating and of course had the double ready and waiting? I know it's crazy but it is Salem. :rotfl:

In re Stefano......the show/writers/Corday wanted to be sure there would be no recasting, ever in the future. There is only ONE Stefano, and Joe Mascolo can no longer continue to portray him.
I am glad he is able to go into a well earned retirement after giving us all so many decades of enjoyment.

As to Aiden.......yes, I truly hope that the show is able to do the switch/lookalike thing in re: Aiden. I do hope he has been alive all this while. Jack as well.
However, with dream episodes coming up on Friday, I have no idea who will be in them.

The problem is, that Days has relied on doubles so many times that it is now just lazy writing. I haven't been surprised in so long, the Sami and Kate coup then the time before that was when it was revealed that Anna Dimera was watching Sydney and in cahoots with EJ to get revenge on Stefano. I really liked Aiden and glad he is coming back but just hope it isn't a switcheroo storyline.

This is all so bizarre and crazy. I think this should all be saved for Halloween night. It would make for a good trick or treat story. Oh yes!!! Just for one night only. ShaSha

I agree that there is only one Stefano - but I did double check because I kept remembering another actor for a day or week.

Actor Frank Fata appeared in the role of Stefano for two episodes which aired on December 3 and 4, 1991.

I do like Hope and Rafe, too, ShaSha. Just not their storyline right now. But I like them. Although I still want Aiden back. He could work well, either with Jennifer, or with Nicole (if I can't have Nicole and Jack). As long as Nicole and Jennifer don't fight over him, though. :beat:

Back