SPOILER !! 2016 Returns Recap/Teaser

While ordinarily I would agree with you, gramcracker, the fact is.......no family/close friend ever saw Jack's body. Cameron, who was proved to be not trustworthy, is who I.D.'d him. Body could have been unrecognizable to family, thus to Cameron.

However, I do believe, in this instance, Jack will be a vision/dream/fantasy to someone.
But......in the future. Jack can easily be brought back.

Maybe in regards to Aiden, the DiMeras realized that Aiden wasn't going to go through his end of the deal, and to make sure that they got Hope's money, they replaced him with a double. Recycled writing, no doubt, but to have Aiden back, I might put up with it. I really liked him with Hope, although I'm not sure how that would work now, after all that has happened. I guess we'll see.

Double, bubble, boil and more trouble. Far fetched stories and the writers continue to reach into non-reality and bizarre storylines. So now should we prepare ourselves for more of the same from the last group of writers????? :beat: ShaSha

Last edited:
In re Stefano......the show/writers/Corday wanted to be sure there would be no recasting, ever in the future. There is only ONE Stefano, and Joe Mascolo can no longer continue to portray him.
I am glad he is able to go into a well earned retirement after giving us all so many decades of enjoyment.

As to Aiden.......yes, I truly hope that the show is able to do the switch/lookalike thing in re: Aiden. I do hope he has been alive all this while. Jack as well.
However, with dream episodes coming up on Friday, I have no idea who will be in them.

No argument with your reasoning but preventing a re-cast of Stefano could have been accomplished by contractual means as all kinds of things can be written into a performer/show/network agreement. It kind of felt like air being let out of a tire to have a character known as "The Phoenix" be shot to death in his own home. If any storyline mentioned Stefano DiMera, a visual could be accomplished by means of flashbacks of scenes, stories,etc. from any year, any story that Joe Mascolo (Stefano) taped over the years. Agree what he did with that character was phenomenal and it says a lot about him and his performance to have so many people miss him already.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now, if Aiden had been held by Stefano and a look-a-like is the one that married Hope and tried to kill her, which also means Hope was never married to Aiden, as far fetched, as that is I could almost believe it.

Now Chandler Massey/Will, also playing out the same scenario could never play out. Will was killed, spilled and whatever else happened to that poor character that led to his demise. It would be impossible, unless the writers came up with someone other than Will and gave Chandler Massey a different character to play. I would love to see Chandler Massey back on Days. The fans are crazy about him and I miss him. ShaSha

Once upon a time, some years ago, on Dallas, this female character woke up, her husband Bobby Ewing (who had left the show the year before) came out of the shower, and the entire previous season was "erased" because Pam "had a dream" so it all had not really happened.

So I was trying to figure who the heck could have "had a dream" perhaps, thus making all the dead characters not really dead. Many of the characters could have just "left town"....I think either Eric or Nicole after their near death experience in the furnace room. However, it would not work because Bo & Daniel are both dead now, with Bo's actor (Peter Reckell) definitely wanting closure and departure for his character, while Daniel was also absolutely written out. (Never say never, tho, right?)

The bigger problem is that soaps appear daily, not just once a week, so there are too many things that would not work "if a dream".

Chandler Massey (Will) could easily appear as another character, I suppose. Or just a series of flashbacks perhaps???
I would rather the show concentrate on those on canvas right now.

I think the premise could work if one of the characters were in a long-term coma (years perhaps) during which he/she had many dreams about things that happened in Salem and people who died. When they wake, current residents could tell the person that some of their dreams were actually reality (maybe loved ones talked about actual deaths of characters not returning in the presence of the person in the coma) and some were not (e.g. dreams about anyone who "died" but whom they wish to bring back). Imagine if it were Hope how surprised she would be to know how her daughter aged while she was in a coma.

This way they could wipe out the "Aiden thrown under the bus", the stupid "witless Sami outwits the Dimeras", eliminate the Clyde and Ben story altogether, but keep the deaths of Bo and Dr. Dandruff as actual occurrences. They could keep as real only the things that are actually working for and relative to future storylines and which are bringing in or keeping viewers

Last edited:
I remember when they had the "dream" year on Dallas. Like you, I don't think they could make it work on a daily show.

I think the premise could work if one of the characters were in a long-term coma (years perhaps) during which he/she had many dreams about things that happened in Salem and people who died. When they wake, current residents could tell the person that some of their dreams were actually reality (maybe loved ones talked about actual deaths of characters not returning in the presence of the person in the coma) and some were not (e.g. dreams about anyone who "died" but whom they wish to bring back). Imagine if it were Hope how surprised she would be to know how her daughter aged while she was in a coma.

This way they could wipe out the "Aiden thrown under the bus", the stupid "witless Sami outwits the Dimeras", eliminate the Clyde and Ben story altogether, but keep the deaths of Bo and Dr. Dandruff as actual occurrences. They could keep as real only the things that are actually working for and relative to future storylines and which bringing in or keeping viewers
This could possibly work but I'm not sure the writers could handle a complicated story.:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

12743641_685211341621143_7719099415807968604_n.jpg

Back