SPOILER !! 2017 Casting Recap; Lots of Familiar & New Faces

Jason47

Reaction score
Days casting recap scorecard. Lots of familiar and new faces coming in the next 3-4 months.

15578274_838978919577717_5164150097919150327_o.jpg

"Days" fans have had lots of casting news announced over the last few months. To keep track, here's a recap of who will be joining the show over the next three to four months, Nadia Bjorlin is returning from maternity leave as Chloe is about ready to give birth. Christie Clark (Carrie, Roman's daughter) & Leann Hunley (Anna, Carrie's mother) will have their first scenes together in over 30 years!

Austin Peck will also be reprising his role as Austin (Carrie's husband) for the first time since 2006. Greg Vaughan (Eric) will be returning to "Days" after his stint on the first season of "Queen Sugar." Martha Madison will be back as Belle. Shelley Hennig, who has been appearing on "Teen Wolf" for the last few years, will return to the show that started her career, and reprise her role of Stephanie, the daughter of Steve & Kayla, for their Valentine's Day wedding.

Sal Stowers will be resuming her role as Lani Price (Abe's daughter). Aaron Spears is back for a much longer stint after his one-episode appearance as Lt. Raines. Lucas Adams makes his debut as Tripp, which Serial Scoop has confirmed is Steve and Ava's son. Per the early release of a "Days" video, Lamon Archey will be making his debut as Valerie's son (and Julie's grandson), Eli Grant.

Gabrielle Haugh will be taking over the role of Jade Michaels. Robb Derringer will be joining the show as Scooter, who, per the casting call, is a math professor/sex addict, and Scott Shilstone, who appeared as Zack Brady in Hope's farewell dream to Bo earlier this year, will now be playing a new role, Wyatt.

What wait a minute the casting call actually said sex addict?????

So how is that different than some of the Salem Males and Ms. Blue Chunk???

Thanks for the interesting update. Hope they have something more in store for returning Lani and new Jade, as the actors did okay. They were too good with what they were given. What they were given was not great.

This is bittersweet for me as I still want Belle and Shawn long term and frontburner. I also would like Carrie and Austin long term but I'd settle for them being recurring.

No clue what the reasoning is behind Lani but I don't foresee it being better than before.

Very curious about Wyatt. Could he really be a back from dead Zack Brady?

Hello Scooter! (Winks) LOL Just kidding!

I like that interesting thought that Wyatt is really Zack Brady. That could be something that is found out while digging into Stefano's last moments. Or Wyatt could be a SORASed Tyler Kiriakis with a new identity.

Zack Brady is dead, was in the coffin, his parents right there, Hope grieving no end, and his corneas were given to Abe, his liver to Claire.

You know, I don't mind, and can understand those "not dead, really alive" comebacks, if there was no body, if it was a presumed dead because of circumstances. I really do hate the idea that after we see bodies in a coffin, etc. that eventually an idea pops up that so and so isn't really dead and is returning. Bad enough we have a child of Steve & Ava's coming, (yes, they were told the baby died of pneumonia), and we have no body for Kristen after she plunged down a mountain. Andre is back despite taking himself off life support in a locked room, and dying. But then, we never saw a funeral for him, did we?

Yes, I realize some characters are much loved by viewers. Heck, I loved Jack (and remember, no body, no funeral, no burial, lolol).

That was the enjoyable thing about the Salem Stalker story. All those major characters killed, the writer ordered by the network to bring them back, did not care how, and thus we got Melaswen, no one was really dead, the entire town hypnotized into believing that all these murders were taking place. I am glad Days is not doing Sci-Fi anymore.

O.K. my rant is over. Take care all. Enjoy whatever comes along. :)

Last edited:
Spoilers say Belle comes back and that she has one last thing to do in Salem. I am betting Belle comes back and plays super lawyer. She will be all upset that Justin hasn't gotten Hope out and she will march into the judge's chambers, and say "Hope is innocent because I say so" and voila, Hope is free.

Back