SPOILER !! 2017 Casting Recap; Lots of Familiar & New Faces

Dayscafe.com, had it posted, but now today just says "Belle is seen again".

I thought it was for sure that Belle is back for a bit? The "super lawyer" stuff is simple my guess as I said.

Lots of unrelated folks arriving in Salem in January. I wonder what's up.

This year we just had Deimos arrive and Shawn's return.

I'm still curious about David Banning as well. If he is coming and is played by Grant Aleksander, he would also be seen in January since we saw him at the 13,000 episode party. I think that episode airs mid-January.

I think it would be really cool if David knows about Eli, and chose not to tell Julie because of how she can be so clingy/controlling. And I hope this softens Julie toward Gabi as she realises what a demon Nick was. David and Julie can reconcile, and Eli can get to know his other Horton relatives.

Is there a special event coming up in January? Or is it just that various stories have wound down/ended, so new ones will be starting up?

Philip is leaving next week, Theresa is gone, as is Aiden; Chloe will have had the baby, and hopefully let Nicole in on the maternal & paternal genes; Abby will have returned, so Chad knows that secret now, as will the rest of the town....Adrienne will have begun treatment, & Julie managed to pump some info out of Valerie.

I remember back when Shawn & Belle were written out, there was a lot of negative feedback about that, and then, of course, it was discovered that Shawn still had time left on his contract, so he was brought back, while Belle had to evidently stay in Hong Kong. But a decision was made to bring her back for a while If the show doesn't want to put them on contract, betting both actors would agree to recurring status.

I hadn't included her in my "returns" post because I had already commented publicly awhile back that she had more stuff coming up (so I considered her November return as part of her continuing return stint). Although from reading that tweet, it seems that she is saying she'll be taping again in January, so that is new news.

Is there a special event coming up in January? Or is it just that various stories have wound down/ended, so new ones will be starting up?

The 13,000th episode airs January 10 but don't know if anything "special" is planned for that specific episode. And, of course, in February, as has now been announced, there is Steve & Kayla's wedding.

And no Will. There was so much buzz about Chandler Massey (Will) returning, buzz that began in the fall of 2015 and really didn't lose any steam that had a lot of fans thought believing there was something to the talk. If it was all smoke and mirrors would've been nice if someone somewhere had come out and given a definitive denial (no return) or confirmation.

Andre came back after "dying" in a locked room and Steve returned after "dying" in the hospital. Will's funeral was closed coffin so the same kind of switcheroo like Steve's would've been possible. Days has gotten far more fanciful in the past. Too bad it wasn't handled better than it was.

In Steve's case, we saw someone inject his IV, and also saw the switch in coffins. I agree about Andre, but that WAS during the time of infamous Dr. Rolf, who managed to be able to enable Stefano to not a single scar after he was set on fire and was a burning inferno. We never heard another word about Andre, no funeral, no ashes, no headstone...nothing! Will, however, lay dead, strangled, before our eyes. We saw him thrown into a bag, dragged to his apt., dumped on the floor, still dead. And there he lay for who knows how long before Gabi stumbled across him. Just because we did not see him in in his casket, doesn't mean others did not. There WAS a casket and burial.

That said, I did think the talk about Chandler Massey (Will) perhaps returning, was to be a different character, perhaps. The thing is, with the way Days is playing musical chairs with writers, and making everyone keep their lips zipped, one never knows what will happen. Many had high hopes when Matt Ashford (Jack) was reported back at work, portraying Jack, but then, it was all in the minds of others, as it turned out on screen.

There was so much buzz about Chandler Massey (Will) returning, buzz that began in the fall of 2015
Don't forget that a lot of online "buzz" is just fan/viewer speculation or wishes. All it takes is a couple comments on a couple boards and the next thing you know, inaccurate info is spread all over the internet as "fact".

There was never any credible information anywhere about Chandler Massey (Will) returning to Days.

There's an actor who was fired from Y&R a few years ago. Every so often, he'll tweet something that appears to be cryptic in nature. Next thing you know, his fans are buzzing online that he was alluding to being rehired by the show. A recent interview with Y&R's new headwriter stated she has absolutely no plans to recast his former role. But yet, I still see sketchy articles about this actor's possible return to the show.

I believe in the case of Chandler Massey (Will), his manager actually posted something leading many fans to believe he was returning to the show. So, in this particular case, fans saw that as a credible source. Turns out that wasn't.

I agree with JS. A lot of times a fan or 2 will say something on a message board or social media and it goes from rumor to actual really quickly. I don't believe anything about casting unless I hear it from Jason47, SOD, Serial Scoop or most recently Entertainment Weekly. I do know there are a small handful of fans who have legitimate connections at the show as well but even they don't always get up to date info until the press has it or they are sworn to secrecy.

Same here, Heather. Which is why we like to give sources and links.

There are some actors returning to their roles, and soon after the announcements, there are the "I hope so and so does this, goes here, hooks up with my fav........etc. And then it spreads like wildfire, as if it is all true and going to happen for sure.

And no Will. There was so much buzz about Chandler Massey (Will) returning, buzz that began in the fall of 2015 and really didn't lose any steam that had a lot of fans thought believing there was something to the talk. If it was all smoke and mirrors would've been nice if someone somewhere had come out and given a definitive denial (no return) or confirmation. .

The Will character seems to have the most obsessive fans on the show, so some people are always saying his "return" seems to be in the works. I never comment on rumors, nor do I confirm that people won't be returning, so I'm sorry I couldn't help in that area.

I believe in the case of Chandler Massey (Will), his manager actually posted something leading many fans to believe he was returning to the show. So, in this particular case, fans saw that as a credible source. Turns out that wasn't. .

Although I don't comment on rumors, I did do my best to keep pointing out on message boards and my FB page that the person you mentioned was his EX-employee, and had no working relationship with Chandler Massey (Will) any more.

Back