SPOILER !! 2017 Casting Recap; Lots of Familiar & New Faces

My post wasn't blaming any one person, and I do know how things can pick up steam from a single sentence on a single site by one single person. The issue with Chandler Massey/Will was that it was in so many places and most of those were legit sites.

One mentioned that Days had been negotiating with Chandler Massey's agent in the fall of 2015. TPTB had to know at some point that fact would leak and, when it finally did, pick up steam. All I'm saying is that it would've been far better to reply with a definitive "yes" or "no" - that would've taken all "rumor" out of it.

edited to write out actor's name; we do not use only initials to refer to actors on this board - JS

And they do not comment on negotiations either, they will announce AFTER a contract is signed.

Let's note that there was NOTHING from the show when Drake Hogestyn (John) was injured, until his attorneys made a very short statement to announce his injury. The show still said nothing, and some weeks later, during an interview, Corday was asked, and only issued the very cryptic "wish him well" statement.

The only "legit" sites that I personally trust, are SOD, Jason47, TV Guide. I have seen some soap sites that request to only link back to them, although their info was garnered elsewhere, or is the same rumor & speculation seen on some message boards.

i.e. NBC will release a cryptic spoiler saying : "Eloise gets a blast from the past". Of course there will be tons of guesses, ideas, but eventually, someone says I bet it is Kenneth, her high school prom date. Oooh, I bet he is returning as the new theatre director. Ohhh, would it not be great if they did Grease again?"

And before you know it, that gets picked up, bandied about, and people on other boards are talking about it as if a fait accompli. "Wow, I can't wait til we see Kenneth & Eloise doing Grease again. Bet they play the same parts. "

but all that really happens finally is Eloise finds a box full of pictures from when her parents dated and were first married. ....:)

And if Poirot's story about Eloise was done on Days, it would take months for her to open the box after we see under the bed, or on the counter. Then before she could look IN the box to see what was inside, another couple of days as people come over, the phone rings. By the time Eloise actually looks in the box, we the fans/viewers have forgotten why we cared in the first place.

I've also read that Eli is going to "cross paths" with Gabi. I don't know what that means it could be in the context of Eli's job as a detective or something. But if it's more then that just think just how absolutely thrilled Jule is going to be.

Now that I think about it, Vanessa Williams (Valarie) posted an Instagram photo of herself and "one of her favorite castmates" who just happened to be Camila Banus (Gabi). I didn't think too much of it at the time but if Eli does somehow get pulled into the current kerfluffle involving the twenty-something set that could mean something. *rubs chin*

Back