A special request

Sorry it took me so long to update. Kate isn't doing so great right now. The doctors say her being sick is normal but it's rough to watch. They said with all the trauma to her body and the drugs she's purging herself so she can heal better. She throws up almost the whole time she's awake and goes right back to sleeping for most of the day. THe doctors say she's doing well other than that. And it seems to be passing. I'll update as soon as I can.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes. They mean a lot.

Nate

Thank you for the update, Nate. Sounds a lot like the nausea / vomiting / sleeping that my cousin went through after traumatic injuries. Awful to watch them go through, but it will pass.

Sending love and prayers for all 3 of you....Can't forget your daughter in those. She must be missing Kitten terribly. :hug:

Thanks for the update Nate! I was starting to get worried. Hope the nausea passes soon. Prayers continue for all of you!

I appreciate your update, Badkitten. I am so sorry to read how Kate is struggling physically. The doctors take a cold detached approached, but when we watch those we love suffer it is emotionally traumatizing. You are al in our prayers!

Hello eveyone,

I know this update is long in coming. I had to leave for a time to finish the job I promised to do before Kate's accident. Kate was with my friend and his wife and practically threw me out. LOL. But I have some great news. A friend of mine turned me on to this electronic device with some software that when you talk into it it turns your words into text. We spent all day today setting it up. It was specifically made for people who can't use their hands and Kate was euphoric. Starting sometime when she feels up to it she'll start posting on her own again. She's been getting better in leaps and bounds but broken bones take a long time to heal. So sadly this will be my last post. Though I might poke in from time to time to say hello. You all have been so great and I would like to thank you all from the deepest parts of my heart for your unfailing support through this awful time. It has been invaluable to the both of us.

Most sincerely,
Nate

Nate, we rejoice in your good news! And bless God that he's provided a new way for Kate to communicate. Please know my family continues to uphold you both in our daily prayers. We'll miss you.........please 'poke' back in from time to time!

This is onderful news, Nate. Prayers continue for our Kitten. Can't wait to see her being able to post here on her own again.

Nate, remember that you're also now part of our Spectator family so we expect you to pop in to let us know how you're doing.

Nate, I echo what Shirley said. You have joined our family here, so please do pop in from time to time!
Thanks for keeping us posted on Kitten's progress. I am so glad to hear she is making good progress and will soon be able to post her own comments here. Bless you both.

I am so glad that Kitten is doing so much better and she has a new way to communicate!

As everyone else has said, you are a part of our family now. We don't care if you watch the show or not - you are still considered our family. Keep us posted on how you are doing and Thank you so much for keeping us updated on Kitten!!

Thank God for this good news. Like others have said you have been addopted now and a part of our cyber familly:) So pop in once and a while. Kitten we all look forward to hearing from you soon take your time and don't push yourself :hug:

I'm so glad that Kitten is doing so good. I'll continue to keep her in my prayers. If this helps, in Oct.2011 I lost my left leg due to complication to diabetes. I finally got my prosthetic leg last Friday. So Tell Kitten in time she too will be whole again. Love to you & Kitten.

Been mostly off the forum for a few weeks and it looks like I missed some important updates. I do hope that Nate pops in from time to time to let us know how he's doing. If not, Kate, you'll have to let us know what he's up to and how he's doing. :) I'm very glad to here that you are improving. Keep getting better and don't push yourself. Stop by when you're feeling up to it.

Hey everyone. My daughter and I are visiting Kate and I thought I'd say hi. Thanks Jammers. I had expected to be away for father's day. I had to work. It was nice to spend it with my little girl and my sister. That device seems to be working and so it seems is Kate. She's gotten a few chapters done of her new novel in her boredom. She is bored to tears. LOL. But it's inspiring to me how much she's rallyed in the last few weeks. Her working is a good sign she is getting better. I won't be here on the board as much but I've decided to stay with Kate until she gets better. Well enough to be on her own again. They are saying since I'm staying she can go home in August if everything goes well. She loves it here so I'm sure she and I will make some appearances.

Wishing everyone the best,
Nate

Back