A special request

Badkitten

Reaction score
I know this is an odd thing to do but my sister needs support. Katarina, (BadKitten), was hospitalized yesterday morning. She was headed to see my daughter to check on her after the recent fire at her apartment. Early yesterday morning a drunk driver plowed her into a busy intersection where she was hit by oncoming traffic. She is in stable but critical condition. I know she has been on this board for a short time but it is all she talks about. And I was hoping some words of support or just general chatter will help her get better. She's in a lot of pain and very depressed. The doctors say she is able to use the computer and I just know she will be here. But they say she won't get better if she doesn't start thinking positive. So if anyone could say hello to her or send her some funny things to read I would be really grateful.

Thanks so much,
Nathaniel

hey badkitten, you know you are one of our spectator family. we are praying for you, stand strong, we will pray for you honey

Hey girl, can you just see SaraBeth comin' down the hall with her twirly sticks, yelling Wheeeee, Wheeee on the back of Rew's motorcycle. Well, she might consider just an electric wheelchair...lol.... Oh, we Spectator folks would cause quite a stir. Sunny would be sneaking in the ice cream, and hmmm, wonder how we could disguise the huge mound of donuts. Ahhh, the cleaning cart. That would do it.Yep, can't do without the donuts, ya know.And ya know Ol Cowgirl, she tells you definitely never to squat with your spurs on. LOL. (Love that line)
You had better be smiling a bit now. We want to hear from you, this is May sweeps and stuff is goin' on like....well, we hope you are watchin. But more important, you are doin' whatever the docs & nurses say, (only cheatin when we are around, lol)

And Nathaniel, you are a great brother to let us know about her, thank you so much. I think she needs a teddy bear.........with specs...lol. (I mean, that is the closest we can get to Spectator, right???)
images

Thank you, Nathaniel for telling us what happened. Please keep us informed.
Shirley

Dear Badkitten, I'm sending prayers and Big Squirrelly Hugs your way. :hug::hug::hug:
You need to listen to your doctors and your brother so you can be with your niece and back here with your other "family".

Hmmm, maybe we can sic Stefano's minions on that drunk driver. They could throw him in those nasty tunnels under DiMera mansion or do some hideous experiments on him.

Kitten, I had been wondering about you for a few days. Thanks to your loving brother for letting us know. I can never think of anything original and funny to say, like some of our pals here, but I sure do care about you and I just know your brother and your sweet little niece are very eager for you to get better! We'll all be hoping to hear from you soon.

Nathaniel/BadKitten,

Please let us know how your sister is doing. She will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and God bless you and your family,
tabbycat46.

Hello again. My sister thanks you all for your kind words and support. She had hoped to be whiling away her hours on this board again but she has had a major setback. The accident did a lot of damage to her. The doctors had thought she was fine to do less strenuous things but it turns out some of the damage caused some kind of nerve damage they hadn't found yet. When she went to type her thanks to everyone she was in agonizing pain. After a round of tests they discovered the nerve damage and she was devastated. It took a long time to get her to stop crying. She's a tough cookie though. And your posts have really been helping. The doctors think the nerve damage isn't permenant at least. They think it is likely caused by her other injuries and assure me when they heal the nerve damage will too. Good news there at least.

On a personal note, I just read her the note from Poirot (Re: Poster BadKitten). I'm sorry. I didn't know how to do this really and I'm sorry I neglected the details. This is a hard stressful time for us. Also I hadn't really gotten the whole story on the fire. Two drunken accidents is a lot, and it hurts me that other people's stupidity can cause such damage. The doctor told me that they have been flooded with drunken incidents due to the holidays. That even the police department has issued a drivers warning for our town because of the number of accidents. Sad that people decide that drinking and driving is a good way to celebrate. Or that drinking and almost burning a building down is a smart thing to do.

My sister wants to say something to each of you but she's in and out because of the drugs. The minute she's ready I'll post something for her. THanks again.

Nate

Bad Kitten/Nate My thoughts and prayers are with you. and I KNOW that God will see you through this!
Nate you are the "keyboard operator" for you Sister, and we thank you for your updates.
God bless, Gloria

Nathaniel,

I had also been wondering where BadKitten had gone. Last month, my little sister was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer so I know what it's like to worry and pray about a sister. You sound like a good brother. Tell Katarina to hang in there until Rew can get there with one of her rum cakes. That should fix her up just fine.

Love & Prayers,
Kathleen

get-well-soon-cards-pink-roses-on-purple.gif

Nate.......your sis, family has been thru a horrendus time. Wish we all had skype or however people can communicate via face to face. Tho, I might worry that soooo many hugs from us all might hurt a bit. LOL. Just kidding, cuz cyber hugs never hurt, they only make one all giddy inside.
Listen up, Katerina......we are NOT letting Dr. Dan anywhere near you, tho I think Nate will help us with that. Nate...Dr. Dan on Days seems to get turned on by hospital gowns. Can you get permission for her own PJs?? LOL

Katarina/BadKitten - know that my prayers and thoughts are with you. You have your entire Spectator family willing you to say strong, get better and join us again soon, so we can get back to talking about these darn crazy Days storylines!! Please take care =)

Hello everyone! First all I would like to say I have one of the best brothers ever! Not only did he know that having you guys supporting me would make me feel better, but he just bought me four seasons of Days of Our Lives, Season two of Rookie Blue and Season four of Castle on iTunes! All my favorites! Now I can combat the pain and boredom with endless hours of melodrama. LOL. And he's been sitting here reading me all of your wonderful posts and diligently typing at my request. But he's getting cranky I think. I haven't been the best patient. I hurt a lot but the medication is nice. :clap: So I'm sorry if what I say is redundant or makes no sense. I have all kinds of swirly feelings but at least it doesn't hurt much anymore. Nate says I'm living up to my name because I'm being so difficult. :OT: (For everyone, my parents named me after Katarina in the 'Taming of the Shrew'. :p I'd whack him for that if I could. LOL. And on a funnier note everyone calls me Kate who doesn't call me Kitten. Why is that funny you ask? Because Nathanial and I are twins. Nate and Kate. LOL! Our parents hated us! We're like a bad b-movie. Where the wierd twins are named things like Earl and Pearl and sneak up on people in the middle of nowhere. *Shudder* I just had a vision of those creepy twins in the shining.) :back:

@ aabbee: Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
@ Lil0: That has to be the cutest thing! It's so tiny! I want one! :love:
@ Poirot: Thanks for updating everyone and being so nice to my brother. I think this is really hard on him. He's my twin and we take things hard when the other is hurting. Just one of those wierd things I guess. And I can really see all the great people here doing those things. LOL. If I've learned anything it's go big or go home here at Salem Spectator. That teddy is precious. And now my brother is griping because he'll have to feed me lots of cake later. I'm sending big hugs to everyone too. You have no idea what they mean to me.
@ RedSquirrel: I think Stephano would be too kind. There were four cars in that accident and luckily we all lived. But I heard everyone but him (the driver) ended up in the hospital. It makes me sick really. Thinking about all those lives that could have been ruined or ended because of irresponsibility. And he just walked away. But thanks for the hug. I really needed it. :hug:
@ Old Cow Girl: Have a very merry unbirthday since I missed it. :( But you can have some of the sugary things everyone sent me. And you don't need to worry about not coming up with anything. Just knowing that people care is the best medicine. I am a really shy person by nature. I'm pretty sure anyone who's read anything I posted at the beginning can guess why. I don't really feel comfortable making friends in person. But everyone here helped me open up. That's why all your well wishes mean so much. SO thanks so much. I hope your birthday was the very best!
@ tabbycat46: Thanks so much. We both appreciate it a lot!
@ the look of love: Kitten: Thanks so much. Nate: As official keyboard operator I'm doing my part. I just wish she could slow down a little. She talks like a thousand words a minute when under the influence. LOL. But even if it is only until they run out it's nice to see her so happy. She hasn't been for a long time and the fire and the accident just made it worse.
@ KathyLu: Oh my gosh! Know that as your prayers are with me, mine and Nate's are with you and your sister. We wish your sister every hope and dream. So, if you ever need anything, even if it is just someone to talk to about it my door is always open. I mean it. If you ever need anything, you just let me know.

I'm sure I could ramble your ears off but I'll be cracking the whip on my brother now that he agreed to do this. LOL. You have no idea how grateful I am to everyone here. And I can't wait for my Days of Our Lives athon. So I can catch up on all the sweeps fun I've been missing.

Sincerely,
Kitten

Hey there. She's getting sleepy and I guess I should have made her wait to post. She's really out of it. But she looked so happy to talk to everyone. I can really see now why she loves it here. She gets a warmth and friendship she sadly doesn't get a lot at home. It's nice to see her be the same vibrant person she used to be. Even if it is drug induced. LOL. I promise to keep everyone posted on her progress. And I'm sure she'll be hanging around tomorrow to read about all the fun things you talk about. Thanks again.

Nate

We are her family here too Nathanial, but we are the rag tag side of the family gene pool. Sometimes we argue, and sometimes we spat, but we are for sure a group of people who have a wondorous thing in our lives, and it is our Salemspectator family. I am probably one of the older members, but for my part, i would let dr. dan grope just a bit before i slapped his well tanned hands, he has some assets that are admirable.....and some that are not. make sure she rests, and Nathanial, you are officially adopted, you are our brother, uncle, son, and friend, and you are very welcome to our family yourself :)

I know myself it's easy to get depressed & want to give up, but hang in there girl! You have lots of people that love you & care about you. This is all a temporary situation. You will improve day by day and eventually all this will be part of your past. Hang in there and remember all our hopes & prayers and keep your chin up. Yep, because if you don't I will send in Stefano to threaten you to smile or else! :p

OMG, Kitten. When you threatened to turn your niece loose on Dr. Dan with the scissors, I thought you had something else in mind!!!!!!!!!! [Just a hair cut? Really?]

Good morning, Kate. (You probably shouldn't have told us that! LOL) Don't you dare go getting a blue streak in your hair. :wink: OK.....explain THAT ONE to Nate. :rotfl:

I hope you're feeling better today. Listen to your doctors and nurses, and don't try to rush things.

OMG...Your niece chasing Dr. Dan with scissors. SNIP!!!!!!

Enjoy your new videos. If you like Castle, did you ever watch Firefly?? Nathan Fillion was a younger and very cute Captain Malcolm Reynolds on that show.

Big Squirrelly Hugs :hug:
Shirley

We are her family here too Nathanial, but we are the rag tag side of the family gene pool. Sometimes we argue, and sometimes we spat, but we are for sure a group of people who have a wondorous thing in our lives, and it is our Salemspectator family. I am probably one of the older members, but for my part, i would let dr. dan grope just a bit before i slapped his well tanned hands, he has some assets that are admirable.....and some that are not. make sure she rests, and Nathanial, you are officially adopted, you are our brother, uncle, son, and friend, and you are very welcome to our family yourself :)

Apparently she hasn't told you much about our family if you think you are the rag tag part. LOL. But seriously, it's overwhelming how wonderful everyone here has been. I know after this if I even thought about Days of Our Lives or social media this is the place I would be. You all are truly special people.

Nate

Back