Actor returning!

Actually, Jason47's confirmation is based on the person "in the know" who decided to break the news. This person is very trusted "insider" so if the Days boards are now all buzzing over this news.....(and we know how Days wants to keep most stuff under wraps) I am GUESSING that there will be something "official" from the show coming soon.

They will probably start with an unknown figure in the shadows and, as the months pass, he will be shown little by little. Then, he will arrive in Salem, only to spend another few months in the shadows and hiding from his loved ones for some ridiculous reason. Couldn't they, JUST ONCE, have a returning character show up at the door of his/her significant other and declare, "Honey, I'm home!!?"

Jennifer will probably be at the altar ready to marry Eric when Jack and/or Nicole show up. Been there; done that too many times. I'm looking at you, writers!

I remember one time, Amnesiac Steve was working in some hospital in Ohio I think, Jack was a patient, and was shocked to see him. He eventually brought the long thought dead Steve back to Salem (Kayla fainted when seeing him) just as Jen was about to marry Frankie.

Jack has always felt he was not good enough for Jen, she would be better off without him, etc. etc. But they have loved each other, she manages to convince him otherwise, but his insecurities set in again for whatever reasons. I do hope they are gone now.

I am so happy Jack is finally returning. :clap::love: It helps a little, considering others that I absolutely adore are (Paul) or may be leaving (Steve). Now, what would be wonderful, would be Nicole coming back too, for good, and her and Jack could get together, while Jennie and Eric eat their hearts out.

And if Nicole doesn't come back, then have Jack be alone for a while, getting stronger and stronger, then give him someone who will truly appreciate who he is and what he has to offer. Because I don't want another round of Jack fighting with another man to get the not so good prize that is Jennifer.

And someone mentioned having JJ talk to Jack about Kayla's rape. I don't want to see that happen. I don't get why we would continue to have Jack apologize and be berated for something he was truly remorseful for and that was addressed years ago, while EJ and Stefan, who both have raped women, have never shown any remorse. Heck, EJ married his victim, so no doubt the writers can't handle such things as rape. So they should just stop trying to tackle it, period.

Nicole is returning, but just for a short period of time (in the fall), might only be a day or two, not sure. That is why folks figure Xander will be back at that time, as well.

It would not bother me if Eric & Jen broke it off soon.....I really like them as good friends...his description to his dad........she is steady, comfortable, feels like home. Sounds more like "mom" than lover. But me.........I just cannot get over the age difference. I really hate when Days pares someone with the person who babysat them at various times. Been done more than once.

Yippee! Jack is coming back. And it would be fantastic if he comes back with Daniel Rafael. But either way, I am 100% in agreement with KathyLu, don't waste his "return" with segments of him hiding in the shadows to come out to say hey to his kids, give his blessing to Jennifer on her marriage to Eric and then leave because he feels he is now in the way.

I don't want another round of Jack fighting with another man to get the not so good prize that is Jennifer.
Unfortunately, TheWriter, I think that's exactly why TPTB have let Jennifer and Eric become involved. It will probably be a double whammy when both Nicole and Jack show up.

Poirot, Jack needs to get over his insecurities. Frankly, Jennifer is probably tired of pumping up his ego. I know I would tire of that pretty fast. He's pushing sixty, so it's long past time for him to put on his long britches and man up. One of the reasons I don't like Jack is because he is often such a wuss. A strong self-assured Jack might just be worth watching.

And someone mentioned having JJ talk to Jack about Kayla's rape. I don't want to see that happen. I don't get why we would continue to have Jack apologize and be berated for something he was truly remorseful for and that was addressed years ago
I agree. Jack and Kayla got past the issue. And while she apparently forgave him, they only had a civil relationship, at best. She tolerated him because he was her husband's brother. But she was never actually friendly or chummy with him, even up to his death. (and Jack accepted that)

Besides, JJ and Kayla discussed it back when he found out and had the meltdown. There's really nothing else to talk about.

I agree with you, JS. But I don't think that's going to be an issue. Bringing back Jack while letting go of Steve shows me yet another example of how this show isn't about family anymore. It's about love triangles. They're bringing him back to drive Jennifer and Eric apart. I don't like Jennifer and Eric as a couple, don't get me wrong here, but if they're letting a prominent member of his family go just before he returns, that shows me they aren't interested in writing family storylines anymore, which is truly a shame.

If Frances Reid (Alice) were still alive, I truly believe she'd witch-slap the head writer. With a capital B.

I only posted the Soap Opera News item because Jason47 verified he was coming. I have
no idea who person is who broke the news and if he or she is a reliable source.

They will probably start with an unknown figure in the shadows and, as the months pass, he will be shown little by little. Then, he will arrive in Salem, only to spend another few months in the shadows and hiding from his loved ones for some ridiculous reason.

Ha ha, KathyLu, Jack could always hide in Jennifer's attic. Abby probably left some water bottles and toilet paper, etc. However I, like many others, am delighted that Jack will be back. I loved both his intelligence and sense of humor, as well as his sincerity and remorse regarding the rape of Kayla. It became a big piece of the "insecurity" that some speak about when disappointed with the character. I'd rather he be insecure than smug like most of the other rapists on this show.

I am extremely interested in seeing how they handle his interactions with Stefan. The question is not IF Jack will kill him, but HOW Jack will kill him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back