Actor returning!

Remember, there was nothing left of Jack in the explosion and if there was, it would be bones. You can't inject what is not there.
And even if there was anything left then, there wouldn't be now

Last edited by a moderator:
We do not know he was mangled. The person with the broken bones, if there was one, could have been someone else. Jack was never identified by any family or even close friend.

But that was the cause of death given to Jennifer, that Jack was killed due to his severe injuries from the fall. Roman told her not to identify the body due to how badly he had been injured. And Corday made the comment that Jack was impaled (which was not seen or said on the show; maybe cut dialog?) But yes, we know it could've been someone misidentified as Jack, while he somehow got away.

Just never heard the word "mangled" used. Mostly it was the elevator crashed, died on impact.....And from Day 1 when that happened, I have said he did not necessarily die.

However, here is from the summary of Aug. 15, 2012................

Replay of Cameron, Jennifer & Jack prying the elevator door open that tiny bit, Abby in shock, unable to move, Jack getting her, pushing her thru the door to safety, and as Cameron & Jen are tending to her, the doors snapping closed, Jack saying “I love you” and the cables snapping completely. Abby & Jennifer are screaming, calling his name, Cameron unable to pry the door open. Roman comes along, they hysterically tell him what happened, he gets on his radio/phone calling for help. Roman leaves, but returns later, telling Jen & Abby that he is sorry. The medics say he died instantly. Jen & Abby scream, no, no.

A woman comes rushing in, her son one floor up is hurt, needs help. Roman takes Cameron and they take off. Jennifer & Abby are crying, hugging each other. This cannot be true, Abby sobs. He has gone away before but always came back. Jennifer flashes back to holding a mirror, but seeing Jack’s face, saying no, that is impossible, as Jack is behind her, holding her, assuring her it is him, it is really him. Abby talks of this being her fault, Jen assures her it isn’t, her father loved her so much. Abby recalls talking with her dad in the elevator, tells her mom that he must have known, and was saying his goodbyes.

They cry, Roman & Cameron return, Abby goes to Cam, asks about the boy, who is going to be fine. Jen is standing alone as Justin & Adrienne arrive, wanting to know where is her brother. Jen cannot talk, Adrienne asks if she did not come with Jack. Jen says yes, she did. And then tells a shocked Adrienne that Jack did not make it, she is sorry. Adrienne’s eyes fill with tears, Justin’s arms goes round her, with the other around Jennifer, as the three stand huddled together, mourning their beloved Jack.

This has always been my thinking as well. I always thought something was off with Cameron and when Jack "died", I never actually believed he was dead. The show made too much fuss about family not seeing the body. I suppose they could also say Roman was in on whatever happened since it was implied that he also saw the body.

That Soap Opera News site is not reliable. They are just repeating what reliable posters posted. The story was broken by a poster at Daytime Royalty who is in the know and then it was confirmed by Jason47. Unless the show makes an official statement on timing, anything you see is just people rewording these 2 sources.

Roman didn't want them to see him because he was badly mangled and then Jack had plastic surgery based on Rolf's book and now can reappear as himself.:sarcasm:

You know, I realize there are those who don't know Jack, or any of his past history, and I did post an exerpt from the Aug. 15th 2012 summary. But here is Aug. 14th, 2012, (those summaries are out of order, plus I think that was the year Days pre-empted for 2 weeks for Olympics) But....some of you might want to read this....

And out in front of the elevators, we have a replay of Jack and the piece of wood, “into the breech” and with much struggling, Cameron & Jack manage to get the inner doors open. Inside Abby seems to be in shock, Jack rushes in, and as hard as Cameron tries, he cannot hold the doors open, and they close.

These scenes are all just heartbreaking now, as Jack calms his daughter, assuring her she is going to live, Dads know these things. They talk of various things, as Cameron & Jennifer feverishly attempt to reopen the doors. The wood breaks, Cameron doesn’t know what they can use to pry those doors open. Jen takes off.

Warning, you do need a tissue or two here as you listen to Jack & Abby talk.

Inside the elevator, Jack is telling Abby how her mother did not want her to have a pacifier as a baby, but he would sneak in at night and put a half dozen in her crib, so she would have them, and has the orthodontic bills to prove it. They laugh a bit, Jack talks of having done things for which he is not proud, but the one thing he did right was her, and how proud he is. She talks of being sorry for all the terrible things she has said to him, how much she missed him and needed him, and how she wants to be a reporter like him. He can’t believe it, but she talks of how much he taught her, how much she absorbed without realizing it til she grew up.

To work hard, be patient, to listen. She loves him so much. Several times the cable seems to be getting weaker. Jack has tried to open the hatch up above, but his jumping up, causes the elevator to sway. A cable snaps, another, smoke is coming. Abby is so frightened, Jack gets up, this is it. He is going to get those doors open. On the other side, Jen arrives with a crowbar, then has to talk her daughter into being brave, she can do this. Cameron gets the crow bar in, more cables are snapping, Jack is struggling with the door, and they slowly get them to open slightly. Cameron holds them, and Jack goes and grabs Abby, pushing her thru the very narrow opening. When Abby gets out, both Cameron & Jen are tending to her, as the doors close, and we see Jack’s face, he is saying I love you as another cable snaps, the doors close, he falls to the floor of the elevator. Jen hollers “Jack”, and inside, he is looking up as the last cable snaps…and the screen goes black.

There's probably no connection between the two things, but the only reason I wouldn't want Jack to come back is if it is at the expense of Steve (Patch). I'm not an extreme fan of either one but I do like both of them and never wanted either one of them to leave the show. I wish they could both be back in Salem, although I don't want Jack to be a buffoon and I don't want to see Jennifer waffling between two men like the last time around.

Need a little backstory help. I know when Jack came back last time, he was held hostage in Afghanistan. Was he presumed dead prior to returning?

As noted many times, one cannot trust anything Corday says.

As to Jack..........no, he was thought to have been on a "walk about", being alone to "find himself". Entries were made on his blog, but he never answered family/friends, calls, etc. Jen got fed up, filed for divorce, and began seeing Dr. TanDan.

Agreed, but Roman even told Jennifer not to identify Jack's body due to his injuries, which to me, indicated he was badly torn up. But it's irrelevant, as we've long said he could've easily been misidentified and gotten away somehow.

Need a little backstory help. I know when Jack came back last time, he was held hostage in Afghanistan. Was he presumed dead prior to returning?
No, they thought he was on a "walk about" and had basically abandoned the family in pursuit of his own interests.

Thank you, now I recall that. I was wondering if he would be a rare character outside of Stefano to return from the dead more than once. At least not yet.

Back