Actor returning!

Another mini rant for me. Jack is back for an extended period. Let's bring Jordan back, too (okay). Then there's Mimi, Rex (we think), Sarah Horton and others. What bothers me the most about ALL of this is that Days couldn't reach an agreement with Patch (Stephen Nichols). Jack is his brother and there's mention of him reuniting with Adrienne and Kayla. What about Patch?

:huh: :huh:Just more trouble with the returns....Oh hum!!!! :sick: :sad: ShaSha

Another mini rant for me. Jack is back for an extended period. Let's bring Jordan back, too (okay). Then there's Mimi, Rex (we think), Sarah Horton and others. What bothers me the most about ALL of this is that Days couldn't reach an agreement with Patch (Stephen Nichols). Jack is his brother and there's mention of him reuniting with Adrienne and Kayla. What about Patch?
My thoughts exactly!! We are also losing Lucas, Paul and no telling who else. Why are they bringing so many others back and not keeping some of the vets!!

I'm not too worried about Steve's status with the show. His tweets alone make it glaringly clear that he's willing to come back at some point. Nah in six months or so I'm hoping to see Jack fly off to exact-destination-doesnt-matter Africa to get him out of trouble.
At least, that's the hope!

fingers-crossed.gif

Little sweetness, while I appreciate and respect the legacy of Jack Devereaux, I'm thinking that for me and my feelings about the character of Jack, that after 6 months, I'll ready for Jack to fly far far away too, but for different reasons. :)

And if the goal is to have Jack stick around, please let there be growth in his character and not be the bumbling, insecure guy he always is portrayed to be. We've seen Jack as smart and calculated in the past and again, if he's sticking around, fingers crossed he is written better and that his entrance back to days isn't falling into a cake.

SOD is saying he is back "for good". !!! However, on Days, who knows? It seems to me, the show is attempting to concentrate on the younger members, only some do not have the acting chops to carry heavy duty storylines. This causes even more discontent at the lack of airtime for long time cast members, who are able to make lemonade out of lemons 99% of the time. LOL
I will agree that the last appearance with the fall into cake, then awkward reconciliation with Jennifer was badly written. However, his efforts to save his daughter in the elevator were really well done. As have his "spirit" appearances the past couple years.
I just hope story is good, because the actor certainly is. I won't blame the character for lousy writing.

I really hope his absence is not something he will have to keep apologizing for and yet another thing he has to make up to his family. I don't care if he's been held captive or amnesia, even though both those angles have been done before with Jack. The deadbeat sorry has also been done with Jack and I don't think this would make any fans who have been asking for his return happy.

While I am also happy Jack is back, I also wonder at what cost and why, when they have dozens of characters getting shown the door or underserved.

Here's to the best.

I really think that the writers just don't know how to write for certain characters...or they run out of story to tell, so they bring someone else in. They rarely know what to do with the veterans (filler, except Kate), they don't know how to write for the kids (unless they're bratty), and they drastically change personalities of characters we know. They were able to write for Lucas because they made him a drunk. Once he was cured, nothing. They can write for Abby, cause they made her a killer and brought back her mental illness. They can write for Kate, because she's always interfering and generally has no ethics. It's lazy writing - easier to bring in Sami or Kristen, since the writers seem to be able to write for the "bad" people. It seems they have no clue how to write adventures or romance, unless there is murder and mayhem.

I don't think Jack and Nicole are returning at the same time which probably nixes Daniel Rafael for now.

I think she's coming in October and he's coming between November and January.

I don't think Jennifer and Eric will actually get married so I think they'll either self destruct or Nicole will break them up. From what I've read, John and Marlena's wedding kicks off some other story so it makes sense Jennifer and Eric won't have an immediate wedding.

Oh, I think another villain or two would be fine....Too bad Clyde Weston (actually I mean actor James Read) is on another show now......would love him to return to wreak havoc. Stefan just is not doin' it for me. Victor has lost his fangs, so, time for someone else to take over the "nasty" reins, and I don't mean Kate. Cannot stand her. Still think Ted would make a good one!

I agree with you on both Stefan and Kate, BUT, and that's a BIG BUT...….the reason we hate them so much, I think, is that they are such good actor and actress. They really know how to pull out all the stops on being DESPICABLE!

For me, Kate is just involved too much everywhere. She takes advantage, as does Stefan. She murdered Vivian, and attempted to murder Chloe, twice. Herself.
Actually, I like Ted, about time Salem got a lawyer who does his homework and is able to help his client in court.

Back