Beyond Salem 2 summaries and comments

I am confused at the age of Zack.... for some reason I didn't think people aged in heaven.... I know that we have to suspend reality with Bo aging, I can do that but wasn't Zack a toddler or at least not a older teen young 20's person when he passed?

robin robin robin..... this is Days and with all the dead brought back to life and silly prisms this has you thinking???

Zack was about 6 when he died.

216c22da3ca3be68b68fe2e57f7dad80--brat-zack.jpg

But they also had Hope meeting Zack in heaven before, played by what appears to be the same actor as the one in Beyond Salem:

dool4.jpg

To answer the question above, the show is dropping a little after 6AM eastern time. This has been consistent with the first Beyond Salem and the Christmas special. I've been watching it when it drops at 3AM Pacific in my area.

That dance with Bo and Hope, while "Tonight I Celebrate My Love" played was to me the highlight of this episode. I started to cry while it was playing. I have been lucky enough to watch this as my cable company provides Peacock Premium, but any Bo and Hope fan might want to pay up the fee for this episode alone to see Bo and Hope together with Zack.

I haven't watched but I have to say that if Hope isn't going to return to regular Days then I think having her die on this series would be fine with me. It would probably drive more ratings to it, like I'd probably watch, and it would end making excuses for her. They could have had Ben and Ciara return for a funeral and they could move on too.

I, of course, was unable to see the show, but......will tell you I remember one scene when Zack died. He was laying in the coffin, & Hope was there, getting upset because his hair had not been combed right. She got a comb, and very lovingly, & gently, combed his hair the way she wanted it to look. No idea why this stands out to me, but it does.

Just watched episode 4. Agree that the best scene was the "heavenly" dance.

As far as ages in Heaven, interesting article below, and I have heard about the "33" before. Being restored to a perfect version of ourselves, wow, something to look forward to!

I just watched the 5th episode of Beyond Salem and I was ok with this chapter. I did really love the scenes with Bo, Hope, and Zack in heaven especially the dance. What I want to know is in the last scenes where Megan said she has waited 40 years to be with the person she loved, who is the person who awakens after being Cryonically frozen? Is it a young Stefano DeMira or someone else?

Yeah, that was most definitely Bo at the end of episode 5. Lines up with his "second" second chance after he asks Angela what exactly does that mean? Sounds like Megan must have taken his body after he died in Hope's arms of the brain tumor and put him on ice til she found the prisms to fix the tumor and bring him back to life. Just another day in the DiMera world!

I'm curious what Stephanie saw on her phone that said she may be coming back to Salem sooner than she thought. Were they test results and she's pregnant? Total speculation since there was no mention of whether she was seeing anyone, or much of anything about her backstory other than she seems to be busy with work all the time. Joey said he was going to be quitting her PR firm and figuring out something that will make him happy. Looks like the writers were creating some openings for reasons to join the regular show. Throw in the Shinn promotion and that opens up another younger Salem resident and the possibility of Tripp coming back to be part of that triangle with Joey. Would be nice to have a complete family all in one place for a change.

I'd love to see Andrew back in Salem and some of those old action-packed ISA missions becoming part of Days again. Christopher Sean (Paul) has a lot of other projects going on so I doubt they'd get him back as anything other than recurring, but there is clearly the beginning of a good coupling going on there as well.

If they just took half the energy that they put into making these Beyond Salem episodes on the regular show, it would be much more interesting and reminiscent of what we all came to love about Days.

Day 5.... lots of hopping from place to place....

In an undisclosed location a medical room a doctor and Nurse Honeycutt must be ready. They have a body in a cryogenic tube, as soon as all 3 prisms are together, they will bring him out and cure his brain tumor.

Back In Montreal Megan has Hope, and crew under gun point. Ciara asks do you know who she is, Hope says yes and briefly explains. Ciara asks didn’t you die in the 80’s, Megan responds so did vinyl and fanny packs, and I hate being defined by the men in my life. Megan is unhappy Hope had a happy ending, but this time it will be different.

Marlena and Kayla are trying to get free. They can’t believe Megan is still alive. They have to warn the people below before anyone gets hurt.

Li Shin is talking about the wonders the prisms will bring to medical science for everyone courtesy of DiMera Enterprises. All managed by our amazing CEO Gabriella Hernandez. As Gabi starts to speak thanking folks for being there a scream. Wendy is pushed through the crowd screaming get your hands off of me. John and Steve grab her again and tell Shin to hand over the prism or his sister gets it. Everyone looks around in shock.

Bo seems to be unable to find the remote, Angela won’t let him watch his family for all eternity. Bo wants to find Hope to kick that Harris guy's behind.

Megan reminds Hope that she shot Stefano in cold blood. Megan tells Harris to get the prism. Megan wants Harris to kill Hope Brady. Megan hands over her gun.

Paul, Joey and Tripp try to speak to their fathers to get them to stop. Paul wants to do something; Andrew says they will when the time is right. Li takes the prism and hands it to John, he leaves the room. Steve is holding Wendy. Steve is keeping Wendy as a hostage. Kayla runs in. Wendy hard elbows Steve, they disarm Steve. Marlena sees John in the hallway. Kayla tells the 3 prisms story briefly.

Marlena tells John he’s been brainwashed. Marlena tries to get through the brainwashing of John, it appears to be working till Andrew and Paul run into them.

Shin is amazed at his sister’s ability to handle a gun. Steve is not thinking straight. Kayla tries to get through to steve, Steve declares his only allegiance is to Megan Hathaway.

Megan reorders Harris to kill Hope. A staring contest takes place. Finally Harris faints, drops the gun, Megan picks it up and runs off, Ben follows.

Bo in Heaven again, Angela tells Bo that he can’t continue to watch his family because he will interfere. Bo is worried about his family. It was amazing seeing Hope again and dancing. But it reminded him of what he doesn’t have.

Ben returns she had a driver waiting for her she got away.

Paul explains to Marlena about John and Steve being after the prisms.

Kayla and Wendy explain the situation to the kid. Steve taunts Tripp with his lack of a love life. Tripp and Joey, bring Steve into the room with Marlena, Andrew and Paul. Steve refuses to help. Marlena stabs him with a syringe. Tells Steve this will help you change your mind

At the local Montreal police station Harris is waiting in an interrogation room. Hope walks in she wants Harris to sign a document, an annulment. She doesn’t want to be married to him. Harris tells Hope that he just couldn’t kill Hope even though they played each other from the start. Hope knows all that Harris did. Steve is going to be alright, but John is still out there. If anything happens to John, Hope is going to make Harris pay.

John brings the prism to Megan. Megan admires it. She puts them together so she can finally cure him.

Andrew and Paul burst into the room guns drawn, John pulls his gun. Another staring contest.

Bo is working on a ship in a bottle. Angela has exciting news for Bo. She doesn’t share it.

Harris signs the annulment. Harris is really sorry; he has feelings for Hope. Hope doesn’t care. Harris calls for Hope to stop, Harris makes a plea for her to believe he cares. Harris thinks that Megan did something to him, he wasn’t always like this, Harris feels brainwashed, off. He asks for help from Hope in finding out what Megan did to him. Hope says yes, she’ll help him.

Later in the day or a new day, Steve is back and ashamed of what he did. Everyone is in street clothing. Steve is worried about John.

Paul asks John to drop the gun. John says or what? Paul challenges him. John says you mean nothing to me. Paul mentions things along with lame dad jokes, you won’t hurt me. John says he only feels disdain for you Paul. Paul is making headway into John’s brainwashing. Megan is not touched by this talk she presses a button toxic gas is released Megan puts on a gas mask and leaves as the boys collapse.

Steve thinks to much time has passed he has to go save John. Steve apologizes to Kayla for scaring her and tying her up. Steve has been craving one thing, his pizza. They laugh and kiss.

Wendy and Joey sitting at the now empty craps table playing poker. Joey fold, but he is better at other things, he tells Wendy. Joey is going to quit his sister’s PR firm and do something he is really passionate about. Joey wants to visit Wendy in Alaska, but she shuts him down. Tripp enters. Wendy shut Tripp down earlier. They claim to understand why she did it.

Andrew wakes first goes to Paul, they share a smile. Andrew tied up John, Paul runs to John shakes him and tries to awake him. Dad Dad Dad come on say something. John replies with something. Relief fills the room.

John portals to Hong Kong kisses Marlena. Marlena wishes they would just find that horrible horrible Megan. The ISA is looking for her. John is impressed and grateful that Marlena flew halfway around the world to find and save him.

Seattle, hugs in the hospital room with the strangely marked Stephanie, who orders her parents out of her room so they don’t miss their flight. Stephanie tells her poppa that she loves him. Stephanie gets a text she might just be going home to Salem sooner than she thinks.

Tripp is texting Chanel; Joey is texting a friend but really, they are texting Wendy.

Gabi promotes Wendy to a new job within DiMera.

Andrew drops in on Paul in San Francisco. Andrew returns Paul’s gym clothes. They set up future dates. Andrew tries to recruit Paul into the ISA. They shake hands then tenderly kiss.

Megan has the 3 prisms, they are in the secret medical lab. Megan worries it’s taking too long.

Hope promises to be there in Baby Bo’s life and to be around. Hope is going to keep searching for Megan. Ciara has so much respect for her mother. Hope makes a passioned speech about how much Ciara means to her. Ben is on the boat fiddling with a radio, it comes on playing Hope and Bo’s song, Hope flashes back to her dance in Heaven. Ciara and Hope hug.

Angela comes in, she has the best damn news ever. Bo calls her on language. The powers that be have agreed to do something they’ve never done before. Bo gets a second second chance.

The doctor tells Megan that it’s been a long time, this body has been cryogenically frozen for some time, it will take time for this to work. Doctor and Megan leave the room. The tube opens Bo Brady is inside the tube.

End

I have to rewatch the ending because I did not recognize that person as Bo but it does make sense that it is him.

Back