Chase

julia_princess

Reaction score
Spoilers say that Ciara is going to tell Claire that Chase raped her. Claire will get Ciara to tell Hope about what happened. When Hope finds out, she goes after Chase. I'm wondering what is going to happen to Chase? Will he be arrested? who does he have left besides Andre? All the teens will be on Ciara's side. Hmm, what do you think will happen with the character?

Here is the link I found it from:)
http://www.celebdirtylaundry.com/category/soap-opera/days-of-our-lives-soap-opera/page/2/

I'm confused. I thought Chase was in hiding and that Ciara and Hope believe he is in Chicago?

Chase was poking around the party last week. There's a spoiler in one of the weekly threads about Claire mentioning to Ciara something about going out with Chase, Ciara adamantly telling her not to. He's not going to be in hiding forever, he appeared to overhear Claire and Ciara talking about him last week, so he knows Claire doesn't hate him, makes sense he would approach her.

I'm still hoping Andre put something in his food, so he could then plant the suggest to act out so Chase would do something awful (although Andre couldn't be sure exactly what). While this wouldn't completely excuse what Chase has done, it would explain he wasn't in his right mind while the heinous crime was being committed. This would also explain why he freaked out after the fact, or once the drug wore off.

I realize he isn't going to be in hiding forever. However, the last Hope and Ciara knew was "Chase calls Hope, tells her he isn't coming back, is going to his aunt in Chicago, has made up his mind. Hope wants to talk in person, NO. He is 18, this is his choice. Will call you when I get there." .

As Chase is 18, he would be treated and tried as an adult. Does this whole scenario make me sad, absolutely! Perhaps I am most irritated at the writers right now. Several killings and a rape all in a couple of weeks. WHERE is the romance?????

So is this statutory rape? Chase 18 years old and Ciara 16 or 17???? ShaSha

ShaSha.......Ciara made the statement that she was going to be 18 "in a couple of weeks"....Which should be any day now.

How do you know Chase was underage then? We have no idea when his 18th birthday was. That's why I don't think they will call it statutory, nothing was said about 18th birthdays. Heck, they haven't even talked about graduation or college. Just boom they are 18 or almost.

I really hope they soon get rid of this teen scene. It just gets worse and worse as it goes along and it just doesn't work. Such a waste of time and boring.

I remember way back when to the whole Belle, Shawn, Mimi, Jan, and the rest of the teen crew that were stuck on some island with Nicole's evil father. That story went on forever because they kept falling in to one hole in the ground or another.

Last edited:
Wasn't Abby a victim of SORAS and then "unSORAS'd"?

It has been done. Either way, once they hit the magic 18, they are ageless and you can have Rafe and Hope be the same age. And Rafe and Sami be the same age. And Rafe and Nicole be the same age. Brady and Nicole, Brady and Kristen, Brady and Theresa, etc.

So is this statutory rape? Chase 18 years old and Ciara 16 or 17???? ShaSha

If they used the term "statutory rape" for what happened between Chase and Ciara, it would be 1000% inappropriate (which of course means that they might). Statutory rape almost never involves psychical coercion, rather it is the presumption of psychological coercion of an adult and a "sexually mature" (post-pubescent) minor who legally does not have the ability to consent. No matter if Chase and Ciara are 15, 18 or 81, Chase raped her.

I thought statutory meant an adult and a minor? Which is unclear at the moment. It's semantics anyway, rape is rape.

I really don't care if someone made him do it, he still did it and I just hope it's not talked of as another rape-mance I have had enough. :beat::beat:
I know some want the character saved but I would rather see someone really pay, not get out of it because someone made him do it. Just my opinion.

Legally, there are two kinds of rape, forcible and statutory, and both are treated as felonies in the United States. Forcible rape is defined as sexual intercourse with a nonconsenting victim through the use or the threat of force.

Statutory rape is defined as sexual intercourse with a person under a specified age. This age varies from state to state and country to country but usually ranges from 12 to 18 years. Sexual intercourse with a person who is mentally deficient or unconscious and therefore incapable of giving consent is also sometimes considered statutory rape.

http://www.ageofconsent.com/comments/rapedefined.htm

So the difference is that no matter the age of the victim, force was used so age does not matter. Chase should be locked up.

Back