Chase

I hate this story. Why did the writers ruin Chase? I was hoping they would just drop this story and get rid of Chase since he is ruined anyway. Ciara will never forgive Chase the way Kayla forgave Jack when he raped her. As for Hope, she can take part of the blame since she ignored her kids to cover up her own crime.

I also hope that Andre did something to brainwash Chase. That would actually be in character for Andre. But I still hate this storyline.

I do think Chase can be redeemed though and I think he and Claire may end up together which would create angst with Ciara and likely Shawn and Hope. But then again Hope doesn't seem to care about Claire.

Chase should be arrested but sent to a mental facility. He never got the guidance from anyone after his Dad was killed. He was starving for attention and really needed a professional to talk to. No wonder he took to Andre as he seemed to really care about him and gave him that attention. Too bad Days screwed up again. The one scene where Rafe was really kind to Chase, showed that it could have been done correctly, but of course Rafe never talked to him again.

Marlena was there when they told Chase about his Dad, but Marlena never suggested for Chase to seek out help. Very sad indeed!

I wonder if we will be seeing Chase around longer in December because Daniel Cosgrove (Aiden) is returning? The actor is returning, don't know about the character. I could imagine perhaps dreams Chase has of his father, or Aiden visiting him as a ghost in jail.

Let's hope it's a dream or a double Andre hired, we now have Stefano and soon Jack as resident Salem ghosts lol.

Chase can't catch a break. His father tells Hope that Chase killed his mother, but he was so young maybe he won't remember it. Then Aiden tries to kill Hope to repay a debt to Stefano and Andre, getting himself killed by Bo, leaving Chase an orphan.

Then, Hope neglects her family trying to avenge Bo's death and Andre is the one who shows Chase attention. Maybe even brainwashing him in some way. When he finally calls his only known relative, she doesn't have room for him. This is so sad.

What was all that on Valentine's Day with Ciara's fantasy of showing her dark side with Chase and her angelic side with Theo? This is messed up!! I know it's only a soap, but following the logic is exhausting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never liked the storyline in truth. The writers should have had Hope and Aiden married first before SORASing Ciara and Chase. Then switched it around to having Aiden have to kill Hope years later (in Salem time that's 2-4 weeks for us viewers) in which it would make more sense Ciara and Chase had be SORASed. Partially the writers were so adamant of including Bo so fast to try and stop the wedding.

To me it doesn't make sense we are supposed to believe Hope and Aiden had been a item for at least over 5 years with the aging of Ciara and Chase but yet Bo was only gone 3 years. But no they wanted to rush the teen scene and that hardly last 2 months.

They also aged JJ pretty extensively. Late last year not even 5 months ago JJ was a college student the same age as Paige 18 or 19 years old. Now months later he is around same age as Gabi old enough to drink and a cop. Glad I don't age that fast lol.

I think the writers want "aging" to have been done really, before Bo even left. It never, ever makes any sense when it is done. At least Will was aged in stages. I remember only too well that John & Marlena got married, little 4-5 yr. old Belle, Brady...... were part of the wedding, so cute. John & Marlena went for their 2 week honeymoon to Hawaii, returned to their now teen age offspring. Belle was a junior in High School, as was Philip, Shawn D., a new friend, Mimi Lockhart. The kids were all around 16.

You mean as little kids they were background? Because when they were aged they became central characters with stories of their own....I do mean the teen scene as a group, also individually. this is why they get aged......the parents have "been there, done that" so time for some new blood.

Hope was a joke the way she screamed at Chase, yet she didn't say a word how her daughter and friends kidnapped Chase, plus she killed Stefano. She is such a hypocrite. I'm not excusing what Chase did, but I don't like the fact that certain people literally get away with murder.

I think Hope suspected something when the teens were leaving, especially the way Theo blurted out is Ciara okay. Hope has a feeling the way she asked if they were around Chase or Ciara earlier. Like I said I can't wait for all the parents of the teens reaction. I am sure it will be asked how did Ciara get Chase there by HERSELF! LOL!

Don't hold your breath, anyone. Just like Roman sort of beat around the bush with Hope in re: Stefano and the coverup, so Hope did the same with the teen crowd.

And here is the thing. Those kids are long time friends, grew up together (o.k. Claire didn't but is related) and they stood by their friend. They had Ciara's back, knew how scared, torn, upset she was, and wanted to help. And, as it turned out, what they did was best for Ciara, as she finally got the courage to tell of Chase, and call her mom, to tell her.

Hope will now be reflecting how her self-absorbing with "revenge" played a part in her ignoring both Ciara & Chase, and MAY have led to what happened, and Ciara's reluctance to tell her. Hope has to take a long look at herself in the mirror.

I am not condoning anything, but I AM going to watch for the fallout, if any. It is obvious what is going on was penned by the headwriter who recently departed. He likes dark, mayhem, etc., and does a good job of it. However, as Hitchcock always said, you HAVE to insert some lighter, even comical scenes to relieve the tension. And that writer doesn't seem good at doing that. (Many writers cannot)

Meanwhile, I am wondering if Chase will just vanish off to jail, (with us not seeing a trial) as the actor was not on contract, was recurring...or will be get the trial, or at least mention of it?

Last edited:
Back