Chase

I searched and searched, via Google, the SOD site, & outside of the same info that Jason47 published, I was unable to find anything from SOD saying definitely that Cosgrove would or would not be playing Aiden. All I found was the same info, about playing Aiden, coming back, but no confirmation that it would be as Aiden (which it very well could be).

It was in their Comings and Goings section. Not every section of the print publication ends up online.

My issue isn't with Chase committing the crimes it is that he has expressed remorse yet still has to pay for his deeds while certain other remorseless individuals go unpunished. The writing of certain characters makes them seem like huge hypocrites.
Exactly my point, I am not saying Chase shouldn't pay for what he did, he should, and he should get psychiatric help as well. Perhaps one day Hope can stop thinking of herself and go talk to Chase. She needs to tell him that she still cares for him and hope he gets the help he needs but she won't. Instead she will ignore her daughter so she can get Rafe into bed. I was happy Momma Hernandez didn't like Hope. It just makes me mad that she and Joey both get away with murder.

So she just stopped loving him the minute he committed the crime?

While I can see why Hope would no long love Chase. I still think she should see he gets the help he needs, both to protect society and Chase himself. The case isn't that strong couple that with his obvious signs or remorse and ten to one Chase will be out in a few years max, this isn't going to be a life sentence. The kid is clearly messed up mentally and should be treated accordingly not like a irredeemable, career criminal.

If I were writing the story from this point forward I'd have Chase end being forced to see Marlena as part of his sentence. Over time Marlena helps Chase comes to terms with his issues and starts to feel sorry for him. When Chase comes up for parole in about a year she offers to take him in and help him get back on his feet, at first over John's strong objections. This of course leads to lots of tension between Marlena, John, Hope, Ciara, Claire and Theo.

I still feel bad for Chase, no one cares what happens to him. Hope gets away with murder but this kid gets no help. The writers ruin this show every time they do this stupid crap. If they keep up these dumb storylines, the show will be cancelled.

Everyone seems to be saying poor Ciara. I remember when Aiden and Chase were first introduced it was Ciara bullying Chase; and we all saw how she manipulated Chase in betting and taking advantage of him. I am not saying Chase is innocent because he did commit rape. However, I too feel some sadness on how the writers have ruined his character.

"Pity" was the word I chose to use, not Sway's. Was just saying that I would have no pity on any teen who committed rape.

Back