Dallas - Season 3 returns Aug 18th (spoilers included)

cryin4days

Reaction score
MELINDA CLARKE JOINS DALLAS

Melinda Clarke (ex-Faith, DAYS; ex-Julie, THE O.C.), is set to join DALLAS when its third season resumes on August 18. She'll play Tracey McKay, who was Bobby's girlfriend from the original series (then played by Beth Toussaint, ex-Hope, Y&R). Tracey is the daughter of Ewing enemy Carter McKay, whose grandson, Hunter, became a player on the TNT drama this season.

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/content/melinda-clarke-joins-dallas

Wasn't Hunter on for like 1 episode? I may need to rewatch the 1st half of the season before Aug. 18. I'll add that to my list after catching up on Melissa & Joey and the last 2 seasons of Grey's Anatomy.

I do not remember Tracey McKay either though the name does ring a bell. I just can't picture her. Clearly, she did not have a big impact in Bobby's life. I wish they would just bring Priscilla Presley(Jenna) back with Lucas and make her and Ray more visible at Southfork.

Here's her picture.
beth.jpg
She was on about 9 episodes (that's my guess without looking at my episode guide). Same time as her brother (who later played Cole on Y&R), Tommy, stalked and beat up April. He was played by J Eddie Peck.

I binge-watched the whole season (save the finalé) in about one day after getting behind, but I think Hunter was on two episodes. The reason Hunter bothers me is that Tommy died without kids, and Tracey had a different last name that she used for the entire run of the show (from her ex-husband), Lawton. I mean, if I want re-written history of a show I've watched for 20 years, I'll watch Days of Our Lives, thank you, LOL. Keep the history of Dallas straight please, Cynthia Cidre (showrunner of Dallas-TNT)!!

Exactly Jason. I just checked over on the Dallas Fanzine Facebook page and they had another photo posted of the old Tracey. I do remember her now.

I still prefer they bring back Jenna and Lucas instead. Way more storyline options there and expands the pool of Ewings on the show.

Oh I want to see Lucas, Jenna, Charlie, Margaret, James & Jimmy, and Bobby & Betsy & Molly. And I want Lucy and Ray to stop coming to weddings together, it grosses me out!! LOL

I actually had a storyline spec where Katherine wasn't dead and she and her son by JR (since she left town a few short months after their last rendezvous) came to challenge John Ross on the Southfork ownership and Christopher on Barnes-Global. But, hey, I'm just dreaming....

But I am what some might call...a bit ...completely obsessive about Dallas...I try to tone it down for Spectator though. :)

Charlie and Lucas could really flesh Bobby out. He acts like this patron saint of Daddyhood, but here's a girl whom he claimed to love as his own - never mentions her. And a son he allowed his brother to raise, it ate him up inside for all of 3 episodes - never mentions (even when Ray is gadding about Southfork, not even a throwaway line). So much story potential.

Maybe Hunter's dad will be explained this season. But I hope Anne and Bobby don't divorce. I would prefer them to work things out, I love them together. Have Harris get with this new girl. I am stoked for season 4.

I think originally, for this remake, the "oldsters" of Dallas were only set for guest appearances, to sort of get the ball rolling for the young set. However, the viewing public clamored for them, and then Larry Hagman (and JR Ewing) died, which had the writers scrambling to change things around a bit. I do think the plan was just to have the "original" characters be on a few times, but ....things change. And yes, I hope they just keep to the history of the show, and not rewrite.

That is my issue with this show. That and the fact that the Ewing character development is so poor. Give the Ewings and more of them air time and it would solve a lot of issues.

Tonight's return of Dallas did not disappoint. Where to begin, where to begin! How about that opening sequence jumping back and forth between Bobby and Chris running into a burning down Southfork and John Ross desperately trying to revive Pamela. Great scenes!

Emma has no conscience nor shame. She actually tried to argue Anne kicking her off the ranch wasn't fair. Girl shut up and get out! Then segments later, enter Mama Ryland (Judith Light is phenomenal) with her hilarious insults and Bobby says he's convinced Anne shot the wrong Ryland :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: But oh, Mama didn't blink an eye and outed Anne kissing Harris.

Nicolas and Drew!!! I knew the man was dark, but oh my goodness, I had no idea he'd actually kill Drew! Elena has no clue what kind of man her bed buddy really is. I can't wait to see her reaction when she finds out Nicolas was involved in Drew's death. It's going to be especially dramatic if she actually ends up pregnant.

Sue Ellen's story telling and flashbacks were great scenes. She tells Bobby she was looking for food but she was searching the house for alcohol before it burned down. And then she swipes after shave from the hospital gift shop looking to get a little buzz. Thank goodness she fought the temptation. But now she's confessed to the fire and with Drew dead, will the truth ever come out?

All in all, it was a great hour that flew by. Also, Bobby needs a vacation. He's surrounded by liars and cheaters.

Here's a link to next week's promo. Hopefully it works for everyone.

https://amp.twimg.com/v/b1efc780-0c78-4442-a87b-256dbd2ba9ac

Elena is telling her mom the Ewings aren't who she thinks they are. I have a feeling Elena thinks someone in the family had Drew killed to keep him from making the information about the switched deeds public. Oh wait until she finds out her partner/lover/childhood best friend forever Nicolas had Drew killed. That's what I'm looking forward to most this season, for everything to literally blow up in Elena's face.

Pamela staying married to John Ross to make him suffer is very Sami/EJ isn't it. :rotfl:

Back