Dallas - Season 3 returns Aug 18th (spoilers included)

Well it's been confirmed by the executive producer that Christopher is dead. Nicolas had him killed. I'm devastated because I had a hunch it would be him given his limited role this season but I'd hoped it wouldn't be.

Elena will give birth in the Season 4 opener and there are THREE (3) possibilities. I'm thinking the baby will be Christopher's. She has to be at least 2 or 3 months pregnant now if there's a 6 month time jump in the opener.

Article link has more about the not yet confirmed Season 4.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/23/dallas-season-3-finale-christopher-dead/

I really did not like all the violence throughout the show. But admit the end was just one shock or twist after another. I also figured Christopher because of seeing the actor in other roles of late, but sure was wishing it could have been John Ross. So Nicholas has Christopher killed, in addition to the other cartel members who are in jail, was really hoping Elena had killed him. LOL

So, did that CIA fellow not have copies of that recording of Judith? And now John Ross is going to be o.k. with drug trade from Mexico into the U.S. Yep, worse that his daddy, as he said. And Judith smirks with her new job as railroad commissioner or whatever it is. And Elena will be having a who's the daddy baby, along with post partum depresssion.

Have to say, JR sired children with all these different women just like Stefano DiMera. That gets tiresome. And now Bobby has no heir, is partners with SueEllen, mother of John Ross who is trying to do in the family. I hope John Ross goes after Nicholas in the next season, if there is one. Doubt it, but hope he does.

I must say I wasn't impressed with the finale last night, Christopher is one of the main reasons I watch Dallas. With him gone, I might be too! I'm so tired of shows where the bad guy always wins, and are in your face laughing about it all the time!

Give me more of Last Tango in Halifax and shows like this.

That's why I think the baby will be Christopher's. Bobby loses his son but gains a grandchild and an heir. It would also tie Elena to the Ewings permanently. And think about the grief it would cause Elena, if the child is Chris', to know that she brought the man that killed her child's father into their lives. That's enough to drive any new mother to depression.

I agree with you lovin_safe. I didn't know how to feel last night afterwards. Christopher was one of my primary reasons for watching also. Next to Bobby and Sue Ellen, he was my favorite character. I held out hope for a reunion between he and Elena and hoped they'd raise her baby, regardless of father, together.

I really was thinking that he perhaps wasn't in the vehicle, had just gotten out or something, and that he would show up alive next season, maybe in the 3rd or 4th episode. Ryland could have saved him, or George (is that the CIA's guy's name?) or Bum.
(Castle's car exploded on his wedding day, crashed, was on fire down a ravine. He is gonna live, of course, tho Beckett thinks he is dead....)

In that last link I posted, the executive producer talked about how they came to the conclusion to kill Chris. They couldn't kill Bobby or Sue Ellen for obvious reasons. I'm guessing they knew fans would revolt lol. And then she says John Ross drives the show. And so it left Chris as the dead man walking winner. I disagree with her regarding John Ross. He has his moments, but he certainly doesn't drive the show for this viewer. I'd take more scenes with Bobby and Sue Ellen any day of the week over John Ross making crazy eyes at everyone in Dallas. His constant wafting between "I want to be a better man" and "I was robbed of my birthright" has gotten down right boring.

@Poirot, I wonder if Jesse Metcalfe (Christopher) wanted out and they decided to use the explosion as a cliff hanger and then have him show up later in the season with a new face.

And I agree completely. Was just gonna add a P.S. to my post saying just that. I don't like John Ross at all, and actually, if the producers thought they could not kill off Bobby & Sue Ellen, what makes them think John ross is so indispensable? There are obviously other offspring of J.R.'s to bring on to cause some problems, who are following in J.R.'s footsteps

I disagree with her (Executive Producer Cynthia Cidre) regarding
Me, I disagree with her on almost everything, it seems.

Well I was underwhelmed. Maybe because I had to watch 5 episodes in a row last night, but I'll admit the finalé had some good scenes. And It was classic Dallas, what with the happy middle before the big ending.

REALLY don't want to see Nicolas anymore. Sad to hear he's coming back next year, if there is one.

If there are three choices for Daddy as Cidre mentioned, Christopher is the best one. She actually loved him. I would hate to think of the horror of her having Nicolas' baby through his deception or John Ross' through her own. ICK ICK ICK.

Don't get me started on JR's sister. The only way I will give a rip is if it's Cally's son who had sex reassignment surgery. (I'm with JS here - bring on an already established character. It's better for your business in the long run.) I might be convinced to care if it is the child of someone we knew from Dallas - might I suggest Katherine Wentworth or April Stevens? And don't tell me they're both impossible, LOL.

I'm also a little peeved that we won't get to see Linda Gray (Sue Ellen) and Patrick Duffy (Bobby) mourn Christopher right away. I'd like to hope the first episode deals a little with the IMMEDIATE aftermath and then we move forward six months. (And Elena's pregnancy timeline will be vexing me for awhile, too.)

Felt this merited a separate posting.

I'm with Poirot on John Ross. I don't exactly love to hate him, nor really hate him, but I COMPLETELY agree that he's dispensable as a character. JR has TWO other sons, at least ONE grandson, plus this supposed sister in Morocco or wherever - oy - not to mention scads of nephews who could come along and want a piece of the Ewing pie.

It also really peeved me as well with Becky going on & on about Jock stealing from Digger, JR stealing from Cliff...oh please. That BS was settled when I was in short pants.

I have read a statement from the actor playing Christopher, who thanked the show, wished them well, etc. etc. So it appears it IS Christopher. However, that could be part of a plan, too. Never say never.

I'm really upset to learn Christopher died. I loved him! It was nice having someone on the soap besides Bobby being a good guy, and I always thought he should be with Elena. I do hope she is carrying his child--Nicolas, with his deception, would be a terrible father; John Ross needs to get back with Pamela and have no ties to Elena, whom he now despises.

I'm also bummed that Nicolas is still alive and will be around next season. THAT is the character who brings nothing to the show, not Christoper. We already have enough bad people. Why add another?

I'll also say that I felt as if a death wasn't necessary. JR JUST died! Why have another main character, especially a Ewing, die off now, so quickly afterwards?

I think TNT should renew Season 4 under the caveat that David Jacobs replaces Cynthia Cidre as Executive Producer

JS: Who is Molly?

I thought the finale was very dark but had its great moments. A very good setup for Season 4 indeed.

I too am hoping for a twist with Christopher and that he is alive. I've said this all along but I want to see other Ewings as part of the cast so bring on Lucas and Margaret. One of the interviews says John Ross will have a new nemesis next season so perhaps it is one of them.

I wasn't clear on how Emma knew about JR's daughter? Nonetheless it seems there is a twist with the daughter as well. I'm guessing either a long lost twin, one of his sons with a sexual reassignment or a child of another ethnicity. Also, I want the show to at least mention James and Cally's son.

I liked how JR was interweaved into the show.

Oh, too funny. I just followed that link and it said "my responses to the survey have already been received!!! Now I see Heather posted that link late last night, and this is the first I have seen this. LOL

Sorry about that. Looks like the survey is now Closed.

However, you can tweet using the hashtag #RenewDallasTNT

Back