Daniel, Nicole & the papers

He already said so, that the evidence did not matter. He told Nicole precisely that when he came back from his "retreat" (pointless scenes, as far as I'm concerned), repeating that he had an epiphany, that he chose her no matter what. And, unless I'm wrong, Nicole encouraged him to take his time before he made this decision, to be really sure that was what he wanted. Eric insisted he would not go back to the church, no matter what evidence surfaced. But of course, it's like this conversation never happened now. We all know Nicole (again, I must stress the fact that I do not approve of what she did, but I do understand her motives, her insecurities, after having been repeatedly beaten down by every Salemite) will yet again be the only one in the wrong and will be the town pariah. And I'm sorry I keep repeating myself. But I just hate it when writers suddenly change the history, and change the characters as they please, even if it doesn't make any sense at all. :beat:

Now, I just wish Daniel would tell Eric about the darn papers and get this stupid storyline over with.

At this point I'm also aggravated with this storyline. First of all TheWriter is absolutely correct. When Nicole came back from Chyka's cabin, Eric told her he wanted to be with her and was going to resign from the priesthood. Nicole encouraged him on at least three separate occasions to wait and see if evidence turned up. She wandered around town with it in her bag during that whole time and after Eric told her he didn't care at ALL about the evidence for the third time, she shredded it. Stupid decision? Yes. Not exactly right? Yes. Understandable? Absolutely, especially with Marlena constantly implying that Nicole was the devil incarnate and everyone in town feeling a need to tell Eric not to be with her.

Beyond that, they not only have twisted Nicole all out of shape and rewritten history, but they also are now creating contrived drama between Daniel and Nicole. When Eric was keeping it to himself that the church had said no to marrying Eric and Nicole, Daniel told him it was up to him what to do but he encouraged him to tell Nicole sooner rather than later so that he didn't hurt her unnecessarily. THEN HE LEFT IT ALONE. There is absolutely no reason he couldn't approach this issue the some way. Forgive Nicole as he did then give her the same speech and leave it up to her what to do. There's also no reason that 30 seconds after forgiving her he suddenly forgot how to encourage people to do the right thing and started acting in a way that would make her feel more insecure. The whole thing is just a big mess of nobody acting remotely in alignment with what Nicole actually did as opposed to what the writers want us to think she did. Not only is this designed to make Nicole the town pariah for no good reason, but there was enough drama in Eric/Nicole between their religious differences, his family's attitude and his response to the trauma of having been raped by Kristen.
:beat: :beat::beat::beat::beat::beat::beat::beat:

The thing is, when/if Eric said he was choosing her no matter what, that he decided to resign. Nicole asking if he is sure.....THAT was the time to let him know she had found something that could clear him.
Eric actually figured there was just no way for them to prove his story, that why go thru all the misery, etc. He was going to save the church authority the trouble and just resign.
But Nicole was sure that if the evidence came to light he might change his mind. So she shredded it.
And Daniel....he feels Nicole took away Eric's chance to clear his name in the church, in the eyes of the parishioners, etc. Because while his family & friends believed him, those parents, & their children did not.

The one thing that I did like about those scenes was that before Nicole arrived was Daniel thinking it all over and realized that she had tried to tell him a couple of times which is why he was forgiving. I see it as Nicole knows the reality of it all. She knows Eric loves her but that he loves the church and being a priest more. Had Eric just listened to her when she said "but I (or we) found" and he just cut her off and spoke over her she would have told him, he would have returned to the church and she would have accepted that just as she did when she left the church. Nicole knew deep down Eric was fooling himself and full of crap when he told her wants to spend his life with her regardless of any evidence coming to light. And now Eric admits and agrees with Jenn when she said that Nicole would have lost him if they had found the evidence.

Eric is every bit as bad as Nicole because he has told her a whopper as well. I would love for Nicole to take all of it in and get back to not accepting being second choice. I would love it if she walked up to him and said "I love you but you would choose the priesthood if you could" and handed him the ring and then the evidence and walked away. Also if Nicole has to be skewered so should Eric because if any one thing destroyed her and all the progress she made was Eric with his abusive relentless verbal beatdowns accusing her of drugging and raping him. If anything brought her deep insecurity back it was that.
When a single clapping smiley won't do...
applause.gif

The fact remains that if Nicole really loved Eric, cared about his welfare, wanted the best for him, she would have told/showed him the evidence. She did not want to take the chance he would return to the church. So Nicole is living a lie, and will have it on her conscience, and it will eventually get her upset at herself.

With Eric and Nicole in bed... I see a baby in Nicoles future. You know Eric did not use anything, and I doubt Nicole's on the pill. So, maybe the powers that be will let her have the baby she has always wanted.

The fact remains that if Nicole really loved Eric, cared about his welfare, wanted the best for him, she would have told/showed him the evidence. She did not want to take the chance he would return to the church. So Nicole is living a lie, and will have it on her conscience, and it will eventually get her upset at herself.

As much as I agree I feel that Eric is equally living a lie. Once again Nicole started to tell him and he hushed her AGAIN by verbally telling her and coming on to her. But oh boy is it all going to be on Nicole for not telling.

With Eric and Nicole in bed... I see a baby in Nicoles future. You know Eric did not use anything, and I doubt Nicole's on the pill. So, maybe the powers that be will let her have the baby she has always wanted.
If that does happen I hope the baby doesn't die. I'm still convinced her last baby is alive and Stefano has him somewhere.

Hopefully, Daniel won't have to be the one to tell Eric. It really bothered
Nicole when Daniel left the message with Eric yesterday.

We really don't know if Eric would have picked Nicole if he had a choice.
He picked her over his vocation since he thought that was over.

I don't know if Eric can be a priest again, but I hope he can still serve
his church in another way. He likes helping people.

How could Nicole lie right to Eric's face and say what she did about Daniel?? I no longer have any sympathy, patience, understanding or good feelings for her...they have ruined her forever as far as I'm concerned....she went too far today, blaming Daniel because she'd be afraid to have him join in their wedding party. I am completely run out of patience with her and don't care if she ever tells him or not!! She's made her bed, so to speak...............

elaine

Nicole will never learn, every time she falls in love, she does something stupid and starts lying to keep her man. Then she keeps lying to try to cover up the original lie but in the end the truth comes out and she looses. She did this before with Daniel and now with Eric. She will not tell the truth. I can't believe she thinks she can get away with this by telling Eric that Daniel loves her, if Eric believes this lie he is dumber than he looks.

I actually had to stop watching Eric & Nicole's scenes. I mute them because they have completely obliterated the character of Nicole.

I can honestly say that at this point I probably wouldn't be watching the show if it were not for the Spectator and twitter. At least not regularly. Thursday's episode was painful and this character change in Nicole is illogical and pathetic.

Back