Days moving to Peacock Sept 12 pt 2

Interesting how the networks play around with the viewers.

Anyone who is a fan of the Magnum reboot (I am) should know this, and it will also be of interest to others, I believe:

"Private investigator Thomas Magnum has been rescued by his fans. Magnum P.I., canceled in May by CBS after four seasons, has been picked up for two seasons by NBC. "Thank you to the fans for the tremendous effort."

Here the fans spoke out and got their show back.

What about Days fans? There has been enough of a public outcry, yet nothing was done to save the show. Heck, why couldn't CBS pick it up, as they have two soaps already? Or ABC, to even it out, they have one soap.

I can't believe the coming week is the last week on network television. While I will upgrade Peacock, it is so unfair to many, as we have all stated before. 'Nuf said.

I wonder if I cancel my subscription now (good til Sept 7th) if I then sign up on Sept 8th if I can get the special $1.99 month? I guess it wouldn't hurt to try but I don't want to lose the service since it's my main option of watching anything.
There is no phone number to call and talk to anyone or email address to send an email! Great customer service!
So, I finally found a chat hidden deep within their website! He said it's for people that sign up in September. I asked if I stopped my subscription could I then purchase it and get the discount. He said yes, but I can't get the Premium+ which is commercial-free. Sooo, I am staying with the $9.99 month so I can have commercial-free. It's so much nicer and wastes less of my time!

Having lived through the loss of two ABC soaps, I can say that converting online is a risk at best. Granted, there's more infrastructure for streaming now, but still, it went up in smoke pretty fast.

And fans were begging another network to pick the shows up. They were begging Oprah to save the shows, she even posted a message about it. I don't see another network rescuing Days. (If another network wanted a soap, it would be cheaper to start a new one than air someone else's.)

There may have been similar outcry when Another World, Guiding Light, and As the World Turns ended, but I don't remember it.

Good luck with that. Don't see it happening. I think this was NBC's way of getting rid of the show without being the bad guys who cancelled it. It's not a beloved jewel in their crown, as evidenced by the constant budget cuts Days has endured over the years. If it fails on Peacock, then they can shrug their shoulders and say "but we tried."

Yes, their contract goes to Sept. 2023. Very apparent some actors saw the writing on the wall, and decided not to sign a contract, rather do the recurring Pop In routine. And some preferred to have their time to themselves, to be able to do a show or movie that is offered.
However, Days could be picked up by another network next year!

It does seem Days viewers are all of different opinions, (probably drives them nuts there), as I have seen a post praising the scene of a Days male, shirtless, with shorts which should have been at the waist, instead being just above the groin area. At times, it seems some male is NOT wearing a jock strap. So am only guessing that someone on the show figures if the females can wear low, lower, lowest cut tops, skimpy bras, etc. the males have equal rights. LOL
I agree

They still haven't answered anyone with the time.

200w.gif

Back