Days moving to Peacock Sept 12 pt 2

Instead of irritating people they should have just done a full wrap up on the newtork and then moved where they could start new story lines for those inclined to leave. And if not that at least make it on the free tier and then entice people to move up. Maybe offer the old shows with a paid subscription. Expecting people to pay for what's on right now is pretty nuts.

I think that they definitely knew it was coming though just based on the tone of the show shifting into more suggestive stuff already.

Wow, not only useless it was not all that helpful.... While I'm glad they showed older folks had set it up, it still would have been better to have Billy/Chad show them so folks could see.....

it's like all those fancy QR codes for things, great if you have a smart phone..... not everyone does.....

This move will go down as how NOT to move a show with 50+ years of history to a different platform.......

Looks like now Chad is accusing Lucas of killing Abby. Egads!

I know Chad is very upset, his wife was murdered.....but he is not screaming at the P.D., just yelling and accusing each and every Salemite. Does that not indicate harrassment? Assault?

Justin lost Adrienne due to drunk driver Eric, Sonny was near death after being stabbed, Babies have been kidnapped, adults held hostage.......all sorts of dangerous, harmful things, people sad, upset, but not like this..... Chad's actions are dangerous to others. Does someone have to be badly injured, proved innocent, before Chad is taken to task by the incompetent police?

From that interview, it sounds like they were caught off guard as well. Robert said it came really fast. That tells me it may have been in the contract but NBC made a decision with little notice.

Looks like now Chad is accusing Lucas of killing Abby. Egads!

I know Chad is very upset, his wife was murdered.....but he is not screaming at the P.D., just yelling and accusing each and every Salemite. Does that not indicate harrassment? Assault?

Justin lost Adrienne due to drunk driver Eric, Sonny was near death after being stabbed, Babies have been kidnapped, adults held hostage.......all sorts of dangerous, harmful things, people sad, upset, but not like this..... Chad's actions are dangerous to others. Does someone have to be badly injured, proved innocent, before Chad is taken to task by the incompetent police?
That already happened when Lucas and Sami were about to get married. I think they pulled old clips for the promo

Yes, it does seem everyone connected with the show was caught off guard. This was not something in the works, maybe next year. It was sudden, (I seem to remember a new NBC daytime manager being appointed) Thus the scramble within the show to say something positive, and finding it difficult.

The major TV reviewer in TV guide, Matt Rousch, called it the "last gasp" for Days, that it is just a stopgap before ending the show. to quote him...."this is more like the next to last gasp for the genre. I'm still in shock that All My Children is gone, and ABC dropped that more than a decade ago. (Only ABC's General Hospital, and CBS's The Young and Restless and Bold & Beautiful remain on network TV.) There's no sign that ABC or CBS is looking to remove their on-going soaps at this time, but changing viewer habits and demographics suggest this is TV's most endangered species since the variety show and classic western went away":.

You are right.......hey, I was there. Huge park like area right across the street! But they won't do outdoor scenes there. In fact, they won't even use the end of the parking lot/bldgs, where their fav shopping store was located...forgot the name, I keep thinking Ballistics....but probably not the name.

NBC sets up Days of Our Lives toll free customer care line.

NBC has announced it has set up a new Days of our Lives Customer Care Line, which has been created to assist with viewer questions and comments as the show transitions to Peacock. The toll-free number is 855-597-1827.

I was wondering about the number if it was just for that station or NBC. Maybe they finally figured out they did this wrong.

Would someone who's not able to get Peacock, call them and find what they will do for them? It would be interesting to
find out if someone who can't afford it or doesn't have internet what NBC would do?

I'm guessing they'd just play up that $1.99 deal to those who say they can't afford it, or suggest they can do whatever they can to either get internet, find somewhere with free WiFi or go to somewhere like a library to log into Peacock. I honestly don't think they care if people say they can't afford the paid version of Peacock or don't have/can't afford internet service.

The premium is $4.99 a month right now without the deal and $9.99 a month for commercial free showings. Days runs about 36 minutes give or take.

If you already have internet and say they average 20 shows a month, give or take, that would be about 25 cents per show give or take!

Back