Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

Poirot, it sounds like you have a Smart TV. You would be able to add Peacock, if you were interested.
My TV is several years old, and surprised me that I got what I did. However, there is NO option to add/download any sort of streaming anything, lol......not that I want to. I have no desire to watch TV on the computer in my little office. I like my comfy chair in the living room, my TV screen there which is much larger than a computer, & I can have CC on it as well.

If Days doesn't want me as as a viewer any more, so be it. I do hope Days will have some sort of plan for those without streaming, and definitely hope those here who will have it, will do summaries for the rest of us. God Bless.

So it's been over a week since this news dropped and we still haven't heard one word from Re-Ron, Corday, Days' management or any of the cast and crew. That's really bizarre. You'd have thought NBC would've handed down an order to jump on social media and promote the daylights out of this move. Heck, we saw more social media promotion for the Days' emojis that were released a few years ago.

I spoke with a now-off-board Days friend who is shocked by the silence, who speculates that Re-Ron, Corday, and the cast were just as shocked as fans.

There are some plug-and-play options that would be easier than Chromecast, and are set up in minutes, for folks interested. We could make a thread or video for it.

I myself do stream (in fact I'm streaming Dark Shadows, which I also own on DVD, right now), but am undecided about paying for Peacock because the show is so terrible.

We don't know the terms of the most recent contract agreement, but it is mind boggling that having agreed to a 2 year contract, ending in September 2023, that NBC could abruptly move it over to Peacock so easily.

Now am wondering if this perhaps is a ploy by NBC to Days, to get on the ball, your complacency has to end and NOW!

We all have wondered why ReRon is still there (unless they are unable to coax other writers to come aboard???) & why the network has not stepped in..........but mostly the failure of Albert Alaar (exec producer) to step up first to put changes in motion. (Corday really does not seem to know how, it was his parents who did it all before, and successfully)

NBC is owned by Xfinity (Comcast and Comcast owns Peacock). Someone had posted above regarding Xfinity and having the internet. This is true, if you have Xfinity, and you only have the internet, you can sign up for their flex pkg, which is the free streaming box. Other cable companies may offer something like this. Worth a shot to double check with who you have for service. I doubt dish would do something like this, but maybe. For the subscription required, if you currently subscribe to those services independently, then I believe all you have to do if you have the flex box is sign in under the app you pay for. When I got Nexflix, I cancelled it thru Netflix then signed up again thru my cable and now its all on one box. (I have X1 DVR though)

1660323192363.png

1660323170040.png

We don't know the terms of the most recent contract agreement, but it is mind boggling that having agreed to a 2 year contract, ending in September 2023, that NBC could abruptly move it over to Peacock so easily.

Now am wondering if this perhaps is a ploy by NBC to Days, to get on the ball, your complacency has to end and NOW!
I think NBC feels that they lower themselves running a soap opera. I think they would like to become a leader in news reporting, and that a humble soap opera brings them down

Gotta tell ya.....Days comes on at 1 p.m. here (news is at noon). Following Days is Hot Bench, Dr. Phil, and then Judge Judy. Days is a much better option than the two courtroom shows & the psychologist. Oh, I have watched or listened to the latter as I was doing chores. Gotta say, I would not turn my TV on just to watch/listen to any of them. I do to watch Days. News comes on at 5 p.m. and doesn't end til 6:30. Covering both local and national. Does NBC intend for noon to 6:30 to become some sort of version of MSNBC? Give me a break.

Just was thinking of a couple of comments I read about how Peacock was struggling and Days was gonna SAVE it.

I wonder how they expect to do that when they have no current stories going that really capture one's interest and attention.
AND then, we still have not heard a peep from the network, the show, the cast, or even Peacock itself about this switcheroo. I mean.........there have been things said about new fall shows (prime time), dates for present series to return with new episodes....Not even anything in TV Guide. Are we all supposed to be waiting with bated breath?

Maybe NBC is scrambling to convince a lot of the affiliates to stick with them for that time slot, and not go looking for something elsewhere, which some seem to favor.

I wonder if the big wigs are coming to boards and Twitter reading comments. I've noticed a lot of people aren't
posting on Twitter like they used about the show.

Hopefully, NBC realizes it's a stupid idea it is to move Days now. They probably saw the numbers for the special
shows and thought everyone would jump right over to Peacock.

Just was thinking of a couple of comments I read about how Peacock was struggling and Days was gonna SAVE it.

The only way Days would save it would probably be by having the archive but they don’t even know yet what they are going to offer from that or how it’ll work so how do they expect to get the subscribers?

It’s not just about leading with news. Those “news” shows are cheap. Three talking heads rehashing the internet. It’s not like it’s going to be 20/20 with investigative journalism at noon. Judge shows are also mostly cheap except Judge Judy, which has no new shows anymore because she’s moved to streaming on Amazon. They only show reruns on TV anymore.

Back