Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

I have a neighbor who is in her 8th decade and she does not have the internet, she has Dish TV and is very upset her show is leaving her..... she can't be alone... she is one who faithfully watches.... schedules her doctor appointments around the show.... if she can.... Thanks NBC for leaving her and all the others just like her behind.....

I'm going to think the crawl won't appear until September..... TIIC (the idiots in charge) will assume that folks have already heard about it and those who haven't won't care much anyway.

I was recently on vacation and heard the news several times on Sirius Radio stations, the "disk jockeys" were all flabbergasted by the news....

Robin - that’s my grandmother - she has only missed a few shows from the beginning and she’s so upset. 1) She doesn’t have internet (nor can she get it living in the boonies where she does) 2) She has no desire to purchase a new TV to have streaming if she could get internet. And 3) she’d have no clue how to set it up or work it

I live in a rural community of mostly older people. It's surprising how many folks in their 70s and 80s don't use computers or know anything about streaming. Most of them do have cell phones but almost everyone still has (and uses) a landline phone and watches tv with Dish or Directv. This must also be true in much of rural America.

I'm going to think the crawl won't appear until September..... TIIC (the idiots in charge) will assume that folks have already heard about it and those who haven't won't care much anyway.

I was recently on vacation and heard the news several times on Sirius Radio stations, the "disk jockeys" were all flabbergasted by the news....
I jokingly said in an earlier post that a crawl will appear on September 9 wih this news. It looks more like TIIC are planning something like this instead of an official announcement.

A good friend here called me, as HER good friend in Texas had heard about the soap that was leaving network for streaming, & viewers were to be charged $5 a month to see it, and was furious, even tho not her soap. She could not understand how a network could do that to the loyal viewers. My friend asked me what I was gonna do...told her nothing. I will be losing the show. I cannot stream, and won't pay all kinds of $$$ to be able to watch one show. (No, I do not have whatever a smart TV is. LOL

I'm glad some people will either sign up for it, or will have it as part of their cable/satellite packages, so we can at least get the scoop on how NBC is handling all of this. For example, will the episodes still be daily, or will they become weekly? How far back the archived episodes will go, etc. If they offer any additional content?

I just found out a few days ago that I do have a smart TV. We did not have any indication that our older TV was a smart TV. After a bit of searching, I found the following online:

To check if your TV is smart, try pressing the Home or Menu button on your TV remote. If a number of squares showing small ads for TV shows, or logos for apps such as YouTube and Netflix appear, congratulations! You already have a smart TV! It took me a few tries and duh remembering it was my TV remote NOT YOUR CABLE REMOTE fixed me up.

I was thrilled to see that indeed my TV was a smart TV! I have Peacock on my TV now, and while I have not had time to get settled in on Peacock. I am so relieved that at least as long as Days is carried on Peacock, my Salem family will still be related to me. Good luck everyone.

Remember that coming here to the Spectator will give you lots of information. Thank you.

Cookies Mom, the icon on a smart tv is for the free Peacock where Days is currently. Click on the app icon to sign in or register. Then if you haven't already bought the premium version (where Days will be moved to), it will come up asking if you want to purchase it. You can either decline or purchase at that time.

Last edited:
I do not have cable nor a smart tv. I do have internet/wifi system and a tv that has HDMI ports that allows me to use my Amazon Firestick for streaming. Since I do not have cable and I have Xfinity as my internet provider, they gave me a free streaming device that included free Peacock Premium. Check with your internet provider to see if they might have an option like this. I have Verizon for cell service and they also have several free options such as this, so check with your cell provider.

For all those saying they hope the site won't go away after the move..while I'm not a moderator...I think it'll stay up and continue to function as normal! We have so many threads not dedicated to the soap or to spoilers, and we'll still have the summaries up for those who can't watch anymore or don't want to. That's how I stayed updated when I wasn't watching/able to watch, and maybe we can still find ways to put up (albeit temporarily it seems) the YouTube full episodes on the summary page. I remember doing that years back, for the sneak peek clips of the first 4 minutes of the next episode.

Back