Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

As of today Peacock is showing only 35 episodes of season 56 and so far all episodes for season 57. Do not know if that is an indication of what the future will hold. I will watch Days of Lives on Peacock for a couple of reasons; I have watched since day 1 and I get Peacock Premium free through Xfinity. I watch even though I do not enjoy hardly any of the stories but because I’ve always been a loyal fan. I will watch until the end even if eventually I have to pay for it.

Thanks for the renewal date Poirot. This makes me think they might not get that far if they're already six months out now, although I'm not sure how actors with contracts will play into it. I'll just hope we have an ending before my free year with Spectrum runs out.

So, here's a question/thought: is Days going to Peacock domestically only, or worldwide? Because it does air elsewhere, right? If it does, then I think I'll be figuring out some postcodes and a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to be able to continue watching free.

For those not in the know: you can turn on a VPN and pick a server in a different country. When you do that, websites will think that you're from that country. So, I can see content that Netflix has streaming in Australia, if I select a VPN server that is based in Australia. Most VPNs, however, aren't free. (I have a free one because it's a perk of where I work)

Yes, Days is going to Peacock only in the US. Each country has their own licensing with the show. Canada will be getting
on Global. You'll have to know where each country will be showing it.

You can find Global on the internet. I've read you can use VPN numbers to watch. Good luck.

There is a lot of backlash already at this announcement. Affiliates are upset they had no advance notice, not even a hint until the announcement that Days was going to Peacock. Plus all those without streaming service, or not wanting to have to pay $5.00 per month just to watch Days. People are paying hefty prices already for their cable, satellite, various streaming services........

And honestly, many, including me, just do not want to watch TV on a computer. Heck, my laptop died, I have to get another. My cell phone is just that for me, a phone. Who wants to watch TV on some tiny little thing like that. I am glad there are those who this move will not affect financially, & who are currently in a position to receive anything streaming.

I fear that Days just is taking an easy way out for them, so supposedly no one would be mad at them. They cancelled Days abruptly. No ifs about it.

I might shut up about paying if they offer up the older episodes, but ONLY if they offer those episodes from the beginning, the 70s, the 80s, the 90s, and early 2000s. If they mean the episodes that are now available on Peacock, which was last season and this season, forget it.

I also agree that I would love it if the other shows NBC showed over the years were also offered on Peacock, especially Another World. Unfortunately, I think if they were going to show those episodes on Peacock, including older Days episodes, they would have already released them.

I haven't read this whole thread so this may have been answered. Were the shows they did on Peacock+ that successful? I didn't watch them as so many are saying, I already pay too much for Dish. I've watched Days since 1974 through the "good the bad and the ugly" (although I do admit to not watching during the possession but kept up here). I have a computer and I do stream but I truly don't plan to pay more just for "Days". I'll miss it.

There is so much negative backlash from this move, the suits are trying to figure how to "sweeten" the pot, as it is boiling over. The problem with old shows is paying royalties to each and every one connected with each episode. They have to pay royalty even if using an old photo in a scene.
No idea if there is any sort of time limit on having to pay. Also, some years/episodes are not in good enough shape to be used.

Back