Days moving to Peacock Sept 12

I won't be watching. My internet is not reliable enough for streaming. Even if I had better internet and even if the show were free, I probably wouldn't do it, certainly not if I had to watch it on a computer or cell phone. I wouldn't watch any tv that way. I know it can be done through the tv but I don't know anything about it and don't have any need to know, since I won't be doing it. I hope it doesn't mean the end of this board but I understand we all have to do whatever we need to do.

Living so rural all these years, I have run the gamut, trying to get TV. With a regular rooftop antenna, could only get one station, at times a 2nd one if the wind was blowing in exactly the right direction, and then was all snowy. Finally got a 12 ft. tall roof top......that improved reception, & could then get PBS. Eventually, the wonders of the giant circular antenna, attached to a 16 ft. pole enabled us to get "satellite" TV.......but really, I got a station in Canada, & I loved it.

Then of course, any station anywhere started costing money, so wasn't bad enough the hundreds of dollars already spent on equipment no longer usable, had to pay to watch anything, even the "locals". Well, the locals available to me back then were from New York, and Los Angeles. Yep, me in the midwest, not even a weather report. The years passed, Direct TV is what I had.......and they finally made a deal with the local stations in Duluth (about 100 miles north of me), a different state, but got the 3 networks, lost my Wisconsin PBS station, as had to get the MN one.

The rates kept going up, & about a year or so ago, switched over to DISH.....same locals, but the rate was better, plus I got the Hallmark channels! LOL. And now comes streaming, separate equipment, and additional cost. Nope, I have invested too much in TV viewing already. Plus the phone & internet costs. Am lucky I can get local radio, lol. For all these years I have watched Days, (not just me) this is too sad. Yep, some folks like the idea. And I just read something to the effect that Peacock was struggling to keep afloat, & Days is supposed to "save" it. Grain of salt with that. We will see in another month.

But it is very odd that not a work, NOTHING has come from the show, the cast, the crew, the bigwigs........except SILENCE.

Weighing in with some rose colored glasses. First I already watch on Peacock, have for awhile. Its convenient, I watch when I want. In my heart, there has always been Days. When I was little and would come home from kindergarten to give my mom pay by play while she did chores, in my teens on summer break, when my kids were little and I was a stay at home mom, through my divorce and during so I could watch when the kids were in bed, to the time after I lost my son and I couldn't leave the couch for months, through all the ups and downs, across multiple states and five decades, Days has always been my constant. and in my gratitude for that I am willing to pay a small fee every month. No, its not great right now, but my relationship with Days spans a greater expanse than the last few years.

I use Chromecast and which is truly plug and play and all I have to do is push a button and tell Google to open Peacock and then click the Days icon and there it on my TV. its simple. It works for me. I know it doesn't for everyone but for me it does. (for what it's worth, I also pay for Friendly TV so I have the weather channel) I have Hulu Live, Friendly TV and Peacock Plus and I get HBO MAX free with AT&T. and all of those are still way less than my cable was.

I am hoping that enough viewers are willing to take the plunge that we get better budgets and better storylines. Imagine if Days is the catalyst that saves Peacock. The young potentially new viewers are already streaming mostly exclusively. This may just be a brilliant move. I think that just like going from radio to tv, streaming is the future and that broadcast tv is one day going to be no more. Maybe not soon but eventually.

And as for old episodes, I hope that is true. I already told my husband if it is, he may not see me for months. lol.

Edit to say I mean absolutely no judgment with this post. I know some folks can't stream for a lot of reasons. My heart breaks for them.

Wilde Woman, hopefully Days won't be on late like it is now. Peacock shows it in the evenings because
it's on NBC first. And Peacock needs to do a good job uploading the same time. Some evenings Days
wasn't put up until an hour or later than the scheduled time.
Thank you, Kat. I would love to see it the same day when I log off work/early evening.

I won't be watching. My internet is not reliable enough for streaming. Even if I had better internet and even if the show were free, I probably wouldn't do it, certainly not if I had to watch it on a computer or cell phone. I wouldn't watch any tv that way. I know it can be done through the tv but I don't know anything about it and don't have any need to know, since I won't be doing it. I hope it doesn't mean the end of this board but I understand we all have to do whatever we need to do.
I get it, Old Cowgirl. I have a "regular" flat screen in a cabinet, not a smart TV, and I can't get behind the set to attach a Roku, so I have to watch Hulu and Peacock, et al, on the computer. Growing up I had channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 9 and 13. Now we have hundreds of choices of programs, but limited formats. How is that right? I, too, hope this board is maintained. September 12 is just around the corner. Too bad the cast doesn't strike due to this. Since the show is renewed now only for another year, who knows what the future will bring?

The young potentially new viewers are already streaming mostly exclusively. This may just be a brilliant move.
I'm glad you'll be streaming the show. I'm not sure people who aren't already attached to it will be drawn in by the stories being churned out, unless significant changes are made in the production schedule.

You can not write a show for streaming the way you write a daily soap. It's illogical on its face, and unless Days realises this, they'll not attract new viewers, even if a bunch of us bite the bullet to keep a constant in our lives... in our lives.

Even before they change the writing structure and filming schedule (again, what I think they must do to succeed on a streamer), they could at least drop a week's worth of episodes at once, the way other streaming shows will drop multiple episodes at a time to allow binge-watching.

The way this was handled, it doesn’t seem like they’ve thought this through. I figured they might finish the current run on broadcast TV, and then reimagine a version for streaming. I could see relaunching online with fewer, higher-quality shows. They’re so used to producing lots of content quickly, they could probably keep up a relatively high-volume schedule and drop a 10 or 12-show “season” of Beyond Salem-like shows a month. They could have tighter arcs for each season and rotate their actors. They could shoot less far ahead and adjust storytelling easier. Now that they don’t need the volume of daily for the broadcast format, they could put more money into each show. Imagine if one month ended with the Bo reveal from the last Beyond Salem? Who wouldn’t tune in for the next month’s shows? Treat every month like a sweeps month.

I really do wonder when the execs at NBC made this decision since Jason47 has said that they have shows through January already filmed. I just assumed, like many of us have, that they would do these last 2 years on NBC and then move to Peacock. I am still just speculating that the last show on Sept. 10 on NBC will show them ready to arrest Abby's killer and they will expect everyone to move to Peacock on the first day to see who it is.

Well, it seems that some news media outfit somehow learned of this, and, of course, spilled the beans immediately, the uproar began. So perhaps the execs decided they will not say anything until the time arrives when they originally planned to spring the news. GRAIN OF SALT as to all of that.

No matter how, or who made the announcement, it is not smart for everyone to keep mum on it all. Makes it look even worse. One can see viewers trying to make sense, cope, figure out what they will do, & that is definitely NOT FAIR to them.

Personally, wonder why the show was not pitched and taken up by another network. But again, with the silence from all involved, doesn't do anyone any good to speculate. One thing is for certain.....there will be other shows that will be affected as well.

So, was the original plan to announce the show was moving to Peacock on September 9, with a scroll on the show that starting Monday, September 12, Days of Our Lives would be moving to Peacock and no longer be available on NBC?:sarcasm: Honestly, this is an announcement that was already announced too late and should have been made around May when the networks announce their new fall seasons.

No matter when the announcement was made, a press release should have come out as soon as the news was leaked instead of the dead silence we've been left with the last few days.

Only a guess on my part, but they probably were planning on announcing beginning of September, as they would want any new Peacock subscribing to be credited as a result of the move by Days to Peacock.

Going to be really interesting the week of Sept. 12 & after to see/read the viewership results and comparisons.

You know, I was thinking about how we may need this board more than ever after the move to Peacock. I beleive that the stories may get more interesting because of less network requirements, but also it will keep those that do not have streaming, up to date on the story lines.

Also, if they provide alot of the older versions of the show, then we can have different threads about some of best stoylines. Then the people who do not have steaming will still have a reason to come to the board and participate.

Of course, we would need someone very knowledgable about past storylines to find the beginning and ending of the best ones. Just a thought...

I think there are probably a lot of viewers who don’t do social media, don’t visit boards, etc. Unless Days figures out how to tell them how to view the show, they are going to be lost when they turn on the show Sept. 13 and it isn’t there. I know that even when it was announced in advance that the Jan. 6 hearings would preempt the show, you still had a lot of people who were unaware that the show wasn’t airing.

I said this in another thread:

When you have no cable, Peacock is the go-to so I do find things to watch since I have not had tv for over 25 years.

I watched all the Frasier series and Two and a Half Men (hilarious to me). There are movies I have not seen that are on Peacock that I could watch. There are some old series like Cheers also. Since I have not had access to TV for all that time I can watch things for the first time and binge if I like it! $10 commercial free entertainment for me was worth every penny. I could finally watch my favorite, Days, instead of just reading the summaries here!

If you have a smart TV and a smart phone you can cast the peacock to your tv from the phone

Hopefully, there will be enough people who will be getting Peacock and take time to do a summary.
We still don't know when Days will be shown/dropped on Peacock each day. We should know more later.

I'm not sure about old episodes. That might be confusing and there is a section here "Days in the Past".

From what I have been reading, Peacock would be "dropping" Days onto it's stream in the morning, and those who have Peacock can then watch it whenever they want. Evidently, that is how they do other shows, but we really don't know until they decide to post something official. Heck, Days may not want it available til noon.......or 1 p.m. And Pacific time differs by 3 hrs from Eastern.

Back