Days of Our Lives - Fri. Jan. 17, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, January 17, 2014

Julie is on the phone with Aunt Marie, complaining about being unable to talk to Nick, except for text messages, and now there is an automated message saying his phone is turned off. She thinks it odd, but will let Aunt Marie know. Next, she calls Will, looking for Gabi, learns she is at the Club. So that is her next stop, where she presses Gabi for info on Nick. Gabi does play it cool, tho doesn't want to talk about Nick. Julie wonders if he hurt her. Nope, all is well, it is over, he is gone. She does talk of the Abby getting the text from Nick, and how he said he was doing great. Julie leaves, apologizing if she upset Gabi. Tad comes over, Gabi decides she has to get Arianna home to Will, and avoids Tad's questions about what Julie wanted.

Will & Sonny are still in bed, talking about getting married. Will just wants all his baggage gone when he & Sonny get married, the stuff with his mom, with Nick...wants it to be all over. He tells Sonny that Abby is to be godmother to Arianna at the christening tomorrow, and he wants Sonny to be godfather. Sonny is delighted, talks of when Arianna was born, her first cry, etc. Later, they are dressed, Gabi returns, tells them about determined Julie's questions. They all agree that tomorrow is all about Arianna, Gabi freaks a bit because all of Nick's family will be there. Sonny reminds her that they are Will's family, they love Will, and to think of them that way. Gabi nods, he is right.

Theresa is insistent that JJ tell her all about Nicole. JJ doesn't know anything, has no idea why she is living with Daniel, but she should ask Uncle Eric, since Nicole used to work for him maybe he knows. Theresa decides that Daniel & Nicole are probably not sleeping together. JJ laughs, saying he would like to see Theresa tangle with Nicole, would be like Bambi meeting up with Godzilla. He warns her Nicole is a tough cookie, mentions his mother nearly going on trial for murder, when Nicole accused her of pushing her down stairs, causing the death of her baby, but the baby was already dead. Theresa orders JJ to find out what is going she doesn't care how, that is his problem.

Brady is taking a swig from his flask, puts it in his inside pocket, checks his mirror, takes a breath mint, and is on his way. Maggie stops him (they are at Kmansion), he assures her he already went to a meeting this morning, is fine. She says they set this time to talk, and so they will talk now.He says he already did at the meeting, she wonders if he told all about Kristen, what she did to him and to Eric. Evidently not, as Brady gets upset, even berating Eric, surprising Maggie, who asks if he is blaming Eric for what happened to him. No, no, replies Brady, he is too saintly. and now I have to go, and he leaves.

Abby is in the square, checks the text message from EJ and calls him. She knows she isn't supposed to, but he contacted her. He says they have to meet, she says not in public, already got lecture from her mother, Smith Island, ferry leaves in 15 minutes. EJ doesn't think that a good idea. Fine! She hangs up. He texts her back, Smith Island it is, and calls for his boat.
He gets there ahead of her, they talk. He thinks since she misses Europe, perhaps she should move back there. Abby is indignant, he is bribing her to get rid of her. She suggests he give up his job, and move instead. She is berating herself for what happened, he assures her it was in the moment. She is not a bad person, but Abby is definitely troubled. She talks of him being engaged to a beautiful, succesful woman, while she is ....just her. He tells her she is a beautiful young woman, and that she did nothing wrong.
Outside the window, someone is watching them. abby continues to talk of how stupid she is. Then finally, she faces him, telling him that she knows he is with someone else, but she did not only have sex with him once, it was twice. And she cannot stop thinking of him. She can see his face, feel his touch on her body, smell his skin. She holds his face, kissing him, he is kissing her back. And outside the window, someone is snapping pictures of the two of them!

Brady is sitting on the park bench when Theresa walks by. He calls her, she sits down, he comments on her being a phony, pretending all this redemption, but she doesn't want those meetings any more than he does. (he has poured some booze into a paper coffee cup with lid, so he can pretend to be drinking coffee). She tells his she knows he is drinking, he gets huffy, tells her to mind her own business. Now she says she did not really know, but he has confirmed it. He gets up, leaves.

JJ comes home, to find Maggie coming out of the kitchen with a large casserole dish she is borrowing. She can see something is bothering JJ, who only talks of how he messed up that whole thing with his mom and Daniel,hurt his mom really bad, and doesn't want to ever do that again. Maggie gives him some reassuring talk, it will all work out. She leaves, he mumbles that he loves you, Aunt Maggie, but it is not going to happen. He spots some paperwork, clipped together, on the desk, recalls how Abby dropped all her stuff the other day. As he looks (not sure what it is, seems there is a check on the top) he seems to get an idea, and it just might work he mumbles. (Am guessing it is to deal with Theresa)

And down in that basement, Chyka is getting hypos ready, Nicole & Eric are pleading with him. She is sobbing, ERic is talking eternal damnation for Chyka's soul, but Chyka doesn't believe in that. Nicole warns him that with drugs in their system when they are found, it could get traced back to him. Chyka knows Salem PD is no match for him. But Dr. Jonas is, she protests. Then Chyka will take care of him as well. But, then Chyka has 2nd thoughts about drugs, decides to do something else. He puts something on a cloth, and is wiping things off (fingerprints??) but also Nicole's bare shoulder. She comments that his DNA cannot be erased so easily. Chyka agrees.
And now he decides on something else. He turns on a gas valve, and if they are not dead of asphyxiation , the explosion witll get rid of any DNA he leaves behind. Nicole is crying, Eric is protesting, but Chyka takes his leave. Nicole realizes they are going to die, she is sobbing and crying, we can hear the gas hissing, and now Eric agrees, he is not afraid to die, but has to say something to her before he does. He tells of how he has always had feelings for her, despite his vocation, but he cannot leave this world without telling her. "I love you".

It's pretty clear now that EJ and Abby have mutual feelings for one another. Very well directed scenes once again. And let the record show that EJ grabbed Abby's arm before the kiss. It's such a breath of fresh air watching these 2 communicate vs EJ/Sami. EJ/Abby communicate like mature adults. And I thought the conversation was very valid too for two people who are struggling with the aftermath of an affair. Glad to see that Abby doesn't put up with EJ's crap unlike submissive Sami. I think the lurker is Nick, TPTB want us to think the lurker is Nick but is it really Nick? I can see Nick wanting to screw EJ but not Abby. That is the puzzling part.

Note to EJ: Your phone conversation was Abigail was earlier the SAME day, not a few days ago.

I wanted to enjoy the Nicole/Eric scenes but I feel 3 days of this now is a little too much. Dragging way too much. But line of the day belonged to Nicole and her miracle blanket when she said to Chyka: "Don't you watch Law & Order?"

I can't stand Brady and Theresa together. No chemistry at all and both characters are beyond annoying. I do think JJ got to her with his monster comment though.

While this week was not as good as last week, it is noticeably better when Sami isn't in every other scene. I never thought I'd be so excited to see EJ.

EJ tells Abby that by engaging in the cabin romp, she did nothing wrong? If nothing else Abigail should now be convinced that she did something very wrong because if EJ thinks something wasn't wrong, it almost certainly was. As for Chyka, this blundering DiMera flunky is right about one thing -- the Salem P.D. is no match for him. But before he gets too proud of himself, he should realize that almost anyone is more than a match for Roman's hapless police force. Finally, somebody snapping a picture of EJ and Abby demonstrates that the privacy situation in Salem is seriously deteriorating. Previously, Salemites were in danger of being overheard almost anywhere, even the sketchy park, but now photographers seem to be lurking in every corner. Clearly, Stefano should be ramping up security at the DiMansion and insisting that Harold lock the front door for a change.

Previously, Salemites were in danger of being overheard almost anywhere, even the sketchy park, but now photographers seem to be lurking in every corner.
Perhaps it is the Salem Forest Preserve bear with a camera?? Or maybe one of the raccoons?

th
images

Best things about today's show:
JJ telling Theresa her going head to head with Nicole would be like Bambi vs. Godzilla...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
EJ telling Abby he decided to take her up on her offer - she should move back to Europe AND Abby asks him why doesn't he leave the country :rotfl:
Eric told Nicole he loves her.
Julie is back and she knows Gabi is hiding something.

When he says she is only feeling infatuation....Nope, that is not it.
I also think it is Nick out there.....however, if so, where did he get the phone? Kate had his.

I think it's the birdwatcher... unless Nick had "help" from someone to get a phone with a new service provider, since there no more service on his phone (the one Kate has)...

after seeing the clip on youtube you can see it is clearly a camera, not a phone...

@cryin4days:

Don't forget when JJ said something to Theresa about how Jennifer was arrested for murder (after the Nicole debacle) and he goes "OMG, you didn't even blink, you're more concerned over whether Daniel and Nicole dated" and she said something like "big deal, everyone in my family has been arrested for murder" and then said her parents were never closer than when Kimberly was on trial for murder. LOL

Sonny said Adrienne and Justin couldn't make it to the christening because they were in Australia. Wasn't Adrienne JUST at the Horton house a few hours ago telling Jen about seeing Abby huddled up with EJ. Did she mention anything to Jen about her and Justin using the Salem transporter to zip over to Australia.

"Explosive" DAYS is soooo good!

TPTB need to pay close ATTENTION that dreadful pairing Sami/Ej is actually hurtng the show...Tear & keep them apart!

Abby reminds me so much of Nicole...Love how Abby challenges EJ without falling for his crap unlike submissive Sami!

EJ has ignited the fire in Abby and now she is a vixen, who is not afraid to go after what she wants, and EJ isn't reluctant to give himself to her freely!

Abby if far more interesting when she acts like Jack's daughter instead of saint Jen!

I thought EJ texted Abby and said he needed to talk to her about Chad....Is Chad now residing in EJ's pants!

Abigail to EJ "I can feel you touch me. I can smell your skin." Oh Jack is flipping out in his grave!

My question is if Eric/Nicole can touch each others hand why can’t they untie each others ropes? Hmmmm!!!! I’m not a fan of Eric’s and today I found out why he is like a robot just saying words.

Glad to see Brady even thou he is drunk telling Theresa what he thinks of her and pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Today wasn’t Theresa day JJ also got a chance to tell her what he thinks of her, it’s time for her to get her comeuppance!!!

Julie and Maggie need to play cards, start a knitting club anything but stick their noses in every body’s life! In the past Doug/Julie take off of months probably don’t talk to their families and no one things anything of it, but Nick doesn’t check in for a couple of day and she is worried. He is old enough to take care of himself.

Round three coming up? I think it is Nick spying on Ej/Abby, another video for a special day on the christening. OK if this means nothing to Ej why does he have to ship Abby off to Paris and pay for everything? He can’t say HI when they pass each other in the Horton Square without getting excited. I love that Abby doesn’t feed into his crap; she stands her ground, no pretend tears like Sami. Tell him straight out what she thinks good, bad, or indifferent! And if Ej doesn’t want anything to happen leave Abby at Smith Island, she made it out there all by herself I’m sure she can get back to Salem, she is a big girl. But the intense looks they are giving each other in the new picture tells me this is not over nor will it be a short affair!

Back