Days of Our Lives - Mon. July 22, 2013

There are some cold dark days ahead for Adrienne, although she isn't a saint, I am thrilled that she turned the video over to the police. It's laughable that Sami will try to pretend to be the victim and convinces people she is being railroaded by Adrienne.. She should have been honest with Justin and the grand jury, But as always Sami is unfamiliar with the concept of being truthful..
Sami is a walking disaster!!

@TheWriter
But she shot first, in the back, not in the legs or elsewhere, when in my view, she could have screamed, jumped yet again on the guy's back, anything but shoot first.

I can see both sides to this, for Sami, for Adrienne, but in Sami's defense in this situation, she had a split second to react to a horrible situation. Since she has never been proven to be such a great shot (lol), and picking off a kneecap, even at short range would not be easy in a controlled environment, I think she did what she had to do. Shoot at the bulk of the body and ask questions later.

Yes, that is what I was saying. She did not tell anyone she had seen the video, and at least listen to what they had to say. She knew that her son knew of the video, as that is how it got onto her phone.
When she saw Sonny, she could have blurted out immediately that she has seen the video of Sami & Bernardi....but no, she blathers about evil Sami instead.
She definitely could have/should have showed her husband. She did not do that either.
There is a story of the "why" in that video, and she might have learned something.

But she has disliked Sami, and therefore has disapproved of her son being with Will since Day 1, and that is what was fueling her determination for "justice".
Nope, she did not do the right thing.....in my opinion...as that would have been to talk openly to those involved before she went to the police.
Agreed!!!

I can see both sides to this, for Sami, for Adrienne, but in Sami's defense in this situation, she had a split second to react to a horrible situation. Since she has never been proven to be such a great shot (lol), and picking off a kneecap, even at short range would not be easy in a controlled environment, I think she did what she had to do. Shoot at the bulk of the body and ask questions later.

I do understand your point of view too, kt. But I guess I should have focused on the other options, as I'm sure aiming for a knee is not that easy (blech, I hate even thinking about shooting someone). And while Poirot is right also, in the sense that I don't know exactly how I would react in that precise situation, I just don't think shooting first is an option, period. Mainly because Sami was not in a dark alley, alone with an attacker, but rather in a hospital room with plenty of people a few feet away. A scream (and we all know Sami can scream at the top of her lungs for much less than that) and the guy would have turned around, and nurses and doctors would have come rushing in if he decided to go after Sami. Again, I just say this whole scenario is just plain stupid.

That line about Ciara wanting to get married as many times as Sami, was not funny, it was another way to make all things about Sami yet again!!

I will agree about shooting him in the legs, but...Sami really did not have time to think. The gun was in her hand, someone was about to kill Rafe, so she shot.
I think she said that she wasn't sure the guy would have killed her if she had screamed, etc. But with only a second or two time, she shot. That man's arm was already raised and he was coming down with that blade.
It really is difficult for any one of us to know how we would react in any situation. and sometimes, you have no idea why or what you did.

Adrienne, though, has had plenty of time to think, and if she would just say, I have a video that is evidence, instead of blathering on and on about evil Sami, perhaps her husband & son would have listened. However, this evidently was the writers' idea of creating drama (I swear I can see, in my mind's eye, actors rolling their eyes when they read their script, and say to themselves, "this is stupid", why not .....blah, blah. ) Oh, well.
I am not sure anyone in a surprised moment can aim well enough or think fast enough to shoot someone in the legs. If Sami has had any firearms training it is doubtful she was taught to aim at a leg. I do not think law enforcement people are taught to fire a gun that way either. If you are shooting, there is one purpose in doing it. I have as yet been unable to see the entire scene, so I am unsure why she had a gun out quickly enough to save Rafe as it was. But dang good thing she did.

I am going to love the look on Adriennes face when the truth comes out.

Many people who just hate Sami for the sake of hating Sami will say she should fry even if she had shot Bernardi after he had completed his mission. Fact is, he deserves what he got, and he got it. His wife? Child? I feel badly they were involved with him. As for Adrienne, she is becoming a Kate type mother who should have butted out. Even if Sami were evil incarnate, Will is not Sami, and Adrienne is a twit for trying to break him and Sonny apart.

Anyone remember when Sami shot Lucas back when he and EJ were tied up together and Andre gave her the order to kill one to save the other? She got Lucas in the leg because she shut her eyes when she pulled the trigger.

In watching news reports I have often wondered why policemen don't shoot to disable rather than killing a perpetrator. But I think they realize, and perhaps are trained to know, that a wounded person can still cause much harm, especially when they are obviously armed with a weapon (any weapon). And these are law officers who are well trained and experienced. An ordinary citizen, even one who has had some training in using a firearm, is not at all likely to be able to pick and choose a body part to hit, in a split second. The idea is to stop a person from doing harm to oneself or another person, and to stop them immediately. But arguing about the use of guns is as futile as arguing about whether EJ and Sami make a good couple, so I've had my say and will leave it at that. Hugs and all that good stuff!

If Sami had screamed, that man could have very easily finished his task before anyone came rushing in, etc. Plus, he also could have attacked Sami. Time was of the essence and there WAS only a second or two. There is no time to think, just react.
The fact is, Bernardi was a dirty cop, who accepted an assignment from Stefano DiMera. And it was Bernardi himself who is responsible for what happened, and that is wife and child have no husband and father now.
Yes, he could have lost his life any time by being a policeman. His wife knew that. But he chose a different path, one that would embarrass his family and friends should it come out. That was HIS choice. HIS decision.

In watching news reports I have often wondered why policemen don't shoot to disable rather than killing a perpetrator. But I think they realize, and perhaps are trained to know, that a wounded person can still cause much harm, especially when they are obviously armed with a weapon (any weapon). And these are law officers who are well trained and experienced. An ordinary citizen, even one who has had some training in using a firearm, is not at all likely to be able to pick and choose a body part to hit, in a split second. The idea is to stop a person from doing harm to oneself or another person, and to stop them immediately. But arguing about the use of guns is as futile as arguing about whether EJ and Sami make a good couple, so I've had my say and will leave it at that. Hugs and all that good stuff!

OT: I've read that the chest is a bigger target to hit when a police officer has to make the difficult decision to shoot someone; that it's too hard to try to aim for a leg, arm, hand, etc. (like they do in action movies or on TV).

Plus, he also could have attacked Sami.

Oh, don't tease me, Poirot. :wink: Anyway, as you say in English, I think we will just have to agree to disagree on that subject. And I certainly don't want to start a feud or a debate on guns either. So like Old Cowgirl, I too had my say and I will now respectfully step back.

Hugs and all that good stuff!

I second that ! :)

Many of you know I don't like Sami and, in spite of all her shortcomings, I think she did the only thing she could do at the time. My problem is that so many people think Adrienne is in the wrong for taking the video to the police. She didn't break the law nor did she lie to the grand jury.

KathyLu, I agree and said earlier that Sami broke the law by lying to the grand jury. I also agree with Poirot that while Adrienne didn't break any laws, and from a legal standpoint, maybe she did the right thing, but I just have no sympathy for her position because of the way she handled everything.
That said, I believe ALL of this could have been avoided IF Sami had told Justin the whole truth before her case went to the grand jury. I don't know what Justin would have done with the information but at least I think he would have handled it properly and legally. But then of course there wouldn't be the drama.....:rolleyes:

I have to jump in here.........

Just read all of the comments that said Sami should've aimed for a knee cap, leg, etc. In my firearms self defense / safety classes (just finished them), we were taught to always shoot for the chest. If you are forced to fire your weapon, you always shoot to kill or you may never get off a second shot. A person who is shot in an extremity, shoulder, or even the abdomen can still attack you physically or draw a firearm on you.

That said, Sami did a major thing wrong. She should've announced her presence to Bernardi by telling him to stop, and that she had a gun aimed at him. (It was argued in class by one ex-policeman to the ex- FBI man teaching the class that we could all be dead before we spit that sentence out.)

I am sure Adrienne will be treated as a pariah by Justin and Sonny for what she did, but I think she will suck it up and take it.
She did it to protect Sonny and I love it! She was like a mama bear and no one was going to take her son down in this mess. :clap:

One would think Justin would be more upset with the power couple for lying to him than what Adrienne did but I guess he's down with them lock, stock and barrel.

Back