Days of Our Lives - Mon. July 22, 2013

KathyLu, I agree and said earlier that Sami broke the law by lying to the grand jury. I also agree with Poirot that while Adrienne didn't break any laws, and from a legal standpoint, maybe she did the right thing, but I just have no sympathy for her position because of the way she handled everything. That said, I believe ALL of this could have been avoided IF Sami had told Justin the whole truth...

I have no sympathy for anyone in this convoluted story other than Justin. Sami and EJ being such intelligent "adults" and "reformed" criminals knew what could happen if that video came to light afterwards and they chose to keep Justin in the dark. And Sonny, poor love-struck Sonny, who is always talking about the truth and not keeping secrets, decides to go along with the go-along and hides the truth from his dad. And Will, well he wanted to tell the truth initially just like Sonny, but he never stood a chance what with Sonny telling him to use a little common sense for a change and Sami and EJ breathing down his neck. Nope the only innocent party in this mess is Justin and he should get the heck away from all of them.

We don't yet know how Justin will react when he learns about the video. That's the part I'm interested in seeing. It's not only stupid but pretty rotten to hire a lawyer to defend you and then not give him all of the information that is pertinent to the case--and to flat out lie to him about such information, especially when there is material evidence floating around out there. I know....they thought they got rid of it. Yeah.

Best line of the day was from Ciara. That had me rolling in my seat. :rotfl:The looks on everyone's faces!! Ha, ha, ha!!

Highly adored the Marlena and Kristen moment. It was funny, fun and serious all rolled into one. As always when those two are on screen together it's great fun to watch the antics.

Kristen deciding at the last minute to NOT show the video, kinda saw that coming when Brady spoke to her privately. The question is when and how that will come out? Another, "envelope", someone finding her tablet, comes out at the most inopportune moment, she does it? We all know it's coming, just curious as to how it'll happen.

Not happy that John wasn't there to enjoy Eric's big moment.
All the congrats and hugs and family moments around was nice.
Nice little agreement there between Nicole and Victor.
Oh, the Sami video is out and Sami's getting arrested. Loved all the shocked faces.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I also liked the part with Hope and Marlena, Marlena knows Kristen is up to something.

We don't yet know how Justin will react when he learns about the video. That's the part I'm interested in seeing. It's not only stupid but pretty rotten to hire a lawyer to defend you and then not give him all of the information that is pertinent to the case--and to flat out lie to him about such information, especially when there is material evidence floating around out there. I know....they thought they got rid of it. Yeah.
I am a bit fuzzy on why they did not tell Justin. Missed some episodes while traveling, so I am guessing they all agreed not to tell because it all has something to do with Will being the one that shot EJ so long ago? If so, this is all about Sami wanting to keep Will from being charged with a crime? If that is not the case can someone enlighten me as to why all of them were hiding this tape.

That was the reason. Sami has been convinced that Will would go to jail.
Thus, if she had admitted she knew Bernardi had stolen that evidence on Stefano's orders, the entire mess would come out, with a lot of others dragged in. At the time, she did not want to incur Stefano's wrath (as he would be named as Bernardi's employer) and of course, Ej would have been dragged in as he claimed to know all along it was Will. Lucas would be guilty of perjury, others of being accessories, etc. etc. It truly has astonished me that no one has ever mentioned the fact that Will was a minor at the time. They just ignore that fact.

Chad originally filmed that scene as he thought it funny, had no idea of the impact. Later, he felt that Sami was telling the truth, that she had no idea who the man was, his back was to her, and he was about to kill Rafe.He felt a lot of people would get dragged into what would be a huge mess. I don't think he knows about Will shooting EJ, neither does Abby.

That was the reason. Sami has been convinced that Will would go to jail.
Thus, if she had admitted she knew Bernardi had stolen that evidence on Stefano's orders, the entire mess would come out, with a lot of others dragged in. At the time, she did not want to incur Stefano's wrath (as he would be named as Bernardi's employer) and of course, Ej would have been dragged in as he claimed to know all along it was Will. Lucas would be guilty of perjury, others of being accessories, etc. etc. It truly has astonished me that no one has ever mentioned the fact that Will was a minor at the time. They just ignore that fact.

Chad originally filmed that scene as he thought it funny, had no idea of the impact. Later, he felt that Sami was telling the truth, that she had no idea who the man was, his back was to her, and he was about to kill Rafe.He felt a lot of people would get dragged into what would be a huge mess. I don't think he knows about Will shooting EJ, neither does Abby.
Thank you very much.

Back