Days of Our Lives - Mon, Mar. 5, 2018

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got to see the first 10-15 minutes before going to a meeting.

It started with a replay of Friday's show, with Claire running up to Hope, and Ciara and Tripp on her heels. She pulled the pin on her grenade and announced that not only did Rafe cheat on Hope, but it was with Sami. Cue the shocked looks around the room.

Rafe tries to explain what happened, but nothing really comes out of his mouth. Hope leaves the room and Rafe follows.

Jennifer gets up, intending to after Hope, but Eric stops her.

Eli comes up to Julie to say how sorry he is this has happened. Julie then launches a tirade against everything Hernandez, telling Gabi the whole family is awful, from their criminal father, to their thug brother Dario, and Gabi herself, who is a convicted killer. And now Rafe is just like them. Then, of course, she starts in about how Gabi killed her "precious Nicky" and now she's killed Andre too. Eli and Gabi then leave.

My mother said Rafe tried explaining to Hope that after she broke up with him and returned the ring, he was hurting. He and Sami came together to comfort each other. But Hope doesn't want to hear it.

Eli and Gabi talk and she finds out he knew about Rafe having sex with Sami. He goes on and on about it and she asks if he's talking about Rafe and Sami, or someone else.

The kids go back to the loft, where Ciara and Claire get into it, with Ciara giving Claire a good slap, knocking her to the couch.

Don't know where Troy is with the summary, but I did get a part of it as well. Eli tries to tell Gabi why Rafe & Sami came together, and eventually says he did the same thing.

Jen & Eric have a big argument about Sami, Rafe & Hope, but end up still "together". Ciara really tells off Claire, who was trying to make plane reservations for South Africa, cuz Theo is the only person who really understands her. Ciara says Claire had to spill the beans since she constantly craves attention, everything has to always be about her. Julie rants way too much.

Self-righteousness was rampant today in Salem.

Hope: She was out front in this department ripping into the hapless Rafe as if her past actions had nothing to do with his one-night rebound stand with Sami. She's also apparently forgetting that is was Rafe who ensured that she wouldn't be currently serving a long, long sentence for her murder of Stefano.

Julie: The veteran cruiser and full-time busybody was at her self-righteous best, ripping into Rafe and the unfortunate Gabi. She too has a short memory. Sure, her "precious" Nick was murdered by Gabi, but it was a direct result of his own psychotic, predatory behavior. It's also somewhat ironic that Julie was attacking another woman for being a murderer, when it was her own darling step-daughter/sister who sent Stefano off to join his ancestors.

Claire: This drama queen was totally insufferable. How many viewers were rooting for Ciara to give her a second punch? And if Ciara is going to war with Claire, the failed singer should immediately surrender. All the YouTube flop has is a big mouth -- Ciara has a good right hook

In addition to the self-righteous, there was clueless Jenny saying that Hope was the "best person I know." To borrow a line from Victor, just how many people does she know? Not only did her "best person" murder Stefano and helped cover up the crime, she once mugged half the prominent men in Salem and poured gasoline on the unconscious Bo Brady with the intent of incinerating him.

Claire was conflicted about telling Hope, Ciara thinks Claire just wanted the attention. Doug stopped Julie from going to Hope; she'll need her later. Tripp tries to stop Ciara from going after Claire.

She too has a short memory.
Julie's rant about the Hernandez followed quickly after her defesce of him. Mere moments before, she couldn't have imagined Rafe cheated. After Rafe admitted it, he was just like his murderer Dad. (I'm starting to hope Gabi did kill André, so she could finish Julie off, too.)

The episode starts by rerunning Hope and Rafe about to announce that they are already married, when Claire runs in followed by Ciara and Tripp and says she needs to talk to Hope. Once again Hope is reluctant to go with Claire until she knows what this is about. Ciara tells Rafe that Claire knows and he tries to pull Hope when Claire blurts that Rafe had cheated. Same shocked reaction from everyone in the room. Gabi tells Eli that Rafe would never do that. Ciara claims that Claire is lying just to get attention. Julie tells Claire that she must have misunderstood something. Hope just stares at Rafe in confusion he stares back guiltily. Julie tells Claire she's sorry that she's upset but she can't be allowed to ruin this day. Claire elaborates that Rafe cheated with Sami and is about to play the recording when Rafe grabs her hand and tells her she doesn't have to do that. He tells Hope that he slept with Sami, and Hope slaps him across the face and Rafe tries to apologize. Hope thrusts her bouquet into his chest and flees from the club. Rafe wordlessly follows her.

Julie asks how Claire knew about this and Ciara said it was because Claire couldn't stand that she and Tripp had a secret that she wasn't a part of and recorded their private conversation, because "she's a sneak and a creep." Claire angrily replies that she isn't a creep and that she did what she did because Hope deserved to know the truth. The girls start to go back and forth and Doug tells them to stop it. Claire runs from the club with Ciara and Tripp in hot pursuit.

Julie tries to go find Hope but Doug stops her telling her that the best she can do for Hope is give her a bit of space. Eli steps forward to tell Julie he's sorry about what just happened, She tearfully tells him that she thought Hope had finally found some happiness after everything she'd been through. Then her gaze falls on Gabi and she demands "How could your brother do this to her?" Gabi says that she's sorry

"You're sorry?" Julie asks sarcastically "That's not going to cut it because sorry doesn't mean anything coming from a Hernandez, not from your brother and not from you." Eli tries to step in and Julie yells at him to leave her alone then turns back on Gabi. "I wish you would just get out of my sight because the last thing I want to deal with right now is any member of the Hernandez (putting an accent on the name) family. I thought he was different from his criminal father, your criminal father, your thug brother and you, you little murderess. You murdered my precious Nick and you murdered Andre. I don't know why I thought he was any different from the rest of you."

Doug steps in and takes Julie by the shoulders apologizing to Gabi saying Julie doesn't know what she's saying and starts to lead her towards the office. "I know exactly what I'm saying." Julie shouts, "and I meant it. Everywhere Gabi goes disaster follows!" Gabi and Eli silently leave the club passing Lani and JJ who wryly remarks to Lani, "You were right, it wasn't a double wedding but it was still a disaster."

Jennifer tries to go after Hope but Eric stops her echoing Doug that Hope probably needs some alone time.

Doug is giving Julie a drink in the office she continues to rant about being taking in by Rafe . Then she starts in on Doug for apologizing to Gabi on her behalf when he knows all she wants top do is "wring her neck." "Julie," Doug says quietly but firmly, "Stop." Which she does.

Tripp and Ciara return to the loft to find Claire on her cell phone trying to book a one-way flight to Cape Town. Ciara grabs her phone and tells her she's not running away. Claire says she's not trying to run away she's just needs to be with Theo because he understands the importance of honesty. She says she was sorry that Grandma was hurt but she couldn't just let her marry a cheater. Ciara tells Claire she didn't do it for Hope, she did it because she wanted attention and congratulates her because now she has it.

Eli and Gabi are at the Martin House and she's saying that Rafe is one of the best men she knows and she doesn't understand why Rafe would do that. Eli said it probably just happened. Gabi counters that sex doesn't "just happen" it's a choice that two adults make. Eli says maybe people would be less mad if they knew the circumstances.

Rafe finds Hope on the park bench and she tells him to go away. He says he needs her to understand what had happened. Hope says that she understands what happened. Rafe had cheated on her and she had been humiliated. She says she had been such a fool and should have known something had happened when Rafe ran off to help Sami in Memphis. Rafe tells her that it didn't happen in Memphis but it was after they had their big fight and Hope had called off the engagement.

She's shocked and says that he had just thrown them away. Rafe insists that he didn't think there was a chance they would work it out. Hope insists that it was just "a rough patch." She asks if he had been drunk he tells her that he and Sami had a few drinks but they weren't drunk. He tries the "it just happened" argument and like Gabi, Hope counters that "sex doesn't just happen." She asks him if he wanted it to.

Jennifer and Eric are straightening up the club and she's going on about how hurt Hope must be. She says she knows Rafe's a good guy but doesn't understand how he could cheat on Hope and Eric's stance is basically he made a mistake. Jennifer says she doesn't totally blame Rafe and starts in on what a disaster Sami is.

Eli tells Gabi that he knew about Rafe and Sami. Gabi is surprised that Rafe would confide something like that to Eli since they weren't very close. Eli says they are still partners and partners just tend to tell each other things and he could see it had been eating at Rafe. Gabi wonders why he didn't talk to her since they had always been close. Eli shrugs it off as a "guy thing." He then asks Gabi if she can understand that even though Rafe made a serious mistake it doesn't mean he loves Hope any less.

JJ and Lani are walking in the Horton Town Square talking about Rafe and Hope. Lani comments on however everybody looked like they hated Rafe. JJ said he didn't, he knew that Rafe was still a good guy. He says he's in no position to judge saying how he had been a dog himself. Mentioning he had cheated on Gabi with Lani and had been too drunk to remember it. Lani looks uncomfortable.

Rafe tries to explain that both he and Sami were hurting and neither of them meant for it to happen. Hope wants to know how Claire knew and Rafe admits that Ciara knew. Hope realizes that was the reason why Ciara had been acting out, showing up drunk on New Year's Eve. She wants to know what he did to get her daughter to agree to keep a secret that. Rafe tells her it wasn't like that they just both thought that after losing Bo and everything she went through with Aiden, it was best to keep it secret. Hope tells him to not use that as an excuse.

Eric and Jennifer continue to argue over Sami, with him reminding her that Sami was his sister. Jennifer continues to call Sami a walking disaster, mentioning how she had gone after Abigail. Eric points out Abigail had been sleeping with Sami's fiance. Jennifer says Abigail was young and naive. Eric counters that Sami was vulnerable because Will was angry with. her. Jennifer says that Will being alive was a miracle, instead of celebrating that, everyone had to feel sorry for Sami because Will was mad at her.

She brings up Sami breaking Ben out of the asylum to recreate Will's "death." "No offense," Jennifer says, "but that's warped." "I am offended," Eric snaps, "because if she's warped then that means I'm warped too." "Now I'm offended," Jennifer says "because I don't know if I want to date someone that warped." Eric tells her "Then don't." They stare at each other sheepishly realizing they just had their first fight.

Ciara continues to go off on Claire. Tripp finally tries to intervene to calm things down and Ciara tells him "Not until I'm finished." Ciara tells Claire that she always has to be the center of attention with all eyes on her every minute. She says "You broke my mom's heart you little b-word." And punches Claire in the face.

Gabi asks Eli if he had encouraged Rafe to tell Hope the truth. He says no because he understood how hard it is to be honest with someone you love when you know how much that may hurt them. He starts to get choked up. Gabi asks him if he's still talking about her brother, he admits he is not.

Tripp asks Claire if she is okay and helps her to her feet. He tells Ciara that the truce between her and Claire is hanging by a string. Ciara scoffs the "truce" if it ever existed is now over that it's "all-out war" between her and Claire.

Eric and Jennifer apologize for getting so carried way. Eric says that the best part about having their first fight is the making up and they kiss. A much calmer Julie blames herself for not pushing Claire to tell her what was bothering her. Doug says he's sure she pushed as hard as she could. Julie says she does that because honesty is important her. Doug says the bright side is that the truth came out before Hope and Rafe actually went through with the ceremony. They clink glasses in agreement.

JJ assures Lani that his cheating days are over. Now that he's going to be a father he is a one-woman man now and forever. She continues to look uncomfortable.

Gabi asks Eli if he's not talking about Rafe who is he talking about. With his eyes starting to water, he admits he is talking about himself. He cheated.

Rafe continues to apologize to Hope and pledge his love but she remains unmoved. He says they are married. There is a few seconds of silence then she simply says "We are no more" and walks away. He watches her with tears filling his eyes. *The End*

Last edited:
Claire: This drama queen was totally insufferable. How many viewers were rooting for Ciara to give her a second punch.
Not me, I'm 100% on Claire's side. Besides, she can't help the last-minute change-of-heart regarding keeping Rafe's secret (even without the crummy, trope-laden writing). After all, it's deeply-embedded in the Evans genes to break up weddings with shocking new evidence (including but not limited to pregnancies, video-, and audio recordings).

Hope insists that it was just "a rough patch."
I've not been a fan of Rafe lately (the writing has been horrible for him), but he should run from Hope. She literally gave him back the ring and compared him to Bo.

Granted, he is not blameless and should have fessed up earlier...but...these two are not acting like adults.

Lani looks uncomfortable.
I'm really hoping we get some movement in the other stories - that might redeem this dreck.
They stare at each other sheepishly realizing they just had their first fight.
I like Jennifer and Eric. But this fight seemed forced. Fraternal twins share no more DNA than one's average sibling. And Sami is a sibling nobody should defend.
he wants to know what he did to get her daughter to agree to keep a secret that.
She actually accuses Rafe of "doing something" to get Ciara to lie for him. As I said above, Rafe should run from this nightmare woman.
Gabi asks Eli if he's not talking about Rafe who is he talking about. With his eyes starting to water, he admits he is talking about himself. He cheated.
Woohoo! We have plot movement!

Troy, you really did a great job, very thorough, did not miss a beat. Thank you really so very much! And while I used to be, am no longer a fast typist any more, so understand. (my fingers/hands very arthritic)

P.S. Am glad you had a show that featured a certain dark haired lass. LOL

Thank you Poirot. I must admit I did enjoy summarizing the parts involving that particular young lady. :)

Except for the parts involving Julie's tirade of course. I think all could have done without but alas my sense of journalistic integrity honed after a couple of years writing for my junior college paper wouldn't allow me to omit them. *sigh*

And, just to add........I definitely am not on team Claire. What she did was self-serving, thoughtless, unkind. She knew nothing about the situation, what happened, how it happened, just took it upon herself to be judge and jury. If she felt so strongly, then she should have done it wayyyy before, say...when Hope & Rafe first arrived, or when she first got there. But she waited until all eyes would be on her her, and SHE could drop the bomb, no one else.

Eli learned a lesson.....and is telling Gabi, don't think Lani learned one, though, despite JJ's overkill jabbering about the baby, family, etc.

Julie's incessant harping at Gabi over her precious Nicky has to stop. Truly, she needs to be brought down several pegs, was hoping Doug would, but truly, Julie needs Eli, Kate, Gabi, to state some harsh facts to Julie about Nick's treatment of others, Gabi in particular.

As to Hope......she definitely was not being fair, but.....maybe it was just because Rafe's indiscretion was with Sami....maybe someone else might not have bothered her as much. Interesting that she first thought it happened in Memphis, that was why he went there. Hmmm, she can throw Bo up to him, but is super jealous of Sami. Interesting.

Thanks Troy, great summary. And thanks to the others who helped out.

I wish Doug told Julie to shut up instead of stop. She just went on and on
and on. She told
Doug she that being honest is very important. Was Julie
always honest???

Looks like Rafe's secret coming out is going to have Eli tell Gabi his secret.
Will Lani tell JJ hers too?

I'm glad Jen and Eric made up after their first fight. Will they have another
one about Sami and Rafe?

If Rafe told Hope right away what he did, would they have worked things out?
I know it would have been better if he did because Hope was so humiliated
how it got
told in front of everyone. Claire shouldn't have said anything in front
of everyone. She could have waited a few minutes longer until Rafe did.

JJ who wryly remarks to Lani, "You were right, it wasn't a double wedding but it was still a disaster."
What did JJ mean about a "double wedding?"

Julie says she does that because honest is important her.
That Julie sure has come a long way, hasn't she?

Julie needs Eli, Kate, Gabi, to state some harsh facts to Julie about Nick's treatment of others, Gabi in particular.
I don't think she would believe it.

...[Hope] can thrown Bo up to [Rafe], but is super jealous of Sami. Interesting.
I don't think Hope has ever been jealous of Sami. She even poured her heart out to Sami with Rafe listening from the other room, although Hope didn't know Rafe was there. Hope is deeply hurt right now, and is lashing out. I believe she will eventually see their "fling" for what is was, and "forgive" Rafe. As I said in another thread, I hope he can keep his fly zipped until then.

Last edited:
Back