Days of Our Lives - Mon. Nov 16, 2009

I Have A Really Odd Question....Poirot, Do You Get To See The Show B4 It Air's OR Do You Just Find Write-Up's Other Places And Post Them On Here? If You Know Of Someplace To See Advanced Shows, Will You Post It On Here?

Dys, welcome to the board.

Poirot is the administrator of this fan site. I would add that Poirot's write-ups are totally original, written by her exclusively for us, as she watches the Canadian feed. She does a fantastic job.

I saw the show last night. Boy you can see the force and effort Sami is putting into those hits. Ari Zucker (Nicole) and Alison Sweeney (Sami) were just amazing in acting out the scenes. Just loved the look on their faces when Rafe brought in Sydney.

I am wondering what Vivian is planing for Carly. Poor Mia. I have a feeling she is going to use Mia to get to Carly.

If you don't need the greatest quality and you can watch on a computer, this entire episode is on youtube right now. (I don't have a DVR and I can't watch during the day so youtube is usually my backup when the station's online stream isn't working for me.)

I forgot to comment on the actual episode :) I liked the Sami-Nicole showdown (great acting by both, especially the actress playing Sami) except for one detail. I HATED Nicole saying she wanted the baby because she couldn't have one and Sami had so many. I'd rather her go down a little more gracefully, maybe mention her mental state as she didn't have counselling or anything after her miscarriage. (I thought for a long time they might say it was post partum or something.) Not that this would be an excuse but I'd rather see Nicole take responsibility than try to blame other people.

I liked Chloe's realization that it had been her who told Nicole. I thought this was a good scene, and I haven't enjoyed anything with Chloe in it for a while.

I also really liked Sami thinking about Grace over the past few episodes. I loved Rafe's line a while back that biology didn't mean anything - Grace taught him that or something along those lines. I think they have done a good job of Sami still grieving over Grace and accepting her as a daughter while also bringing Sydney into her life. I loved when Sami told Nicole not to say Grace's name.

I wonder if anyone will bring up Sami and EJ's baby/embryo switching pasts? (Very different situations, but I would still find it interesting). I don't think I have seen anything but I could have missed it.

I wonder if there would have been more of a physical confrontation between Sami and Nicole if the actress playing Nicole wasn't pregnant? I read before in an interview with one of the two actresses that they are friends in real life and love filming Sami-Nicole scenes because it's so much fun to do. They must have had a blast here!

Nicole is in shock from finding out the truth is out and I think she will clutch at any straw right now. I do think that she will eventually come to realize what she did and will be truly sorry. That doesn't get Sami the time lost with Sydney, but it may help them to be friends again.

I know it would be a long way off, but I would like to see Sami and Nicole as friends again someday. Anything is possible on this show after all. I hope Nicole gets some help, realizes what she has done, apologizes and starts fresh! It's odd because I don't agree with what she has done and think she should pay, but I have grown to like this character a lot through this story line. I always felt she was more of an over the top filler character before, too one sided.

I agree about Nicole's portrayal Megan, I would have rather seen her go down without blaming everyone else. You are right KathyLu, she is just grasping at anything as she goes down though. It made me really mad when Nicole said Sami only wanted Sydney as her property not her child. If anything, it's Nicole who treated Grace and Sydney like property instead of children. I know Nicole has grown to love Sydney and Sydney thinks of Nicole as a mother but I don't see how that should really matter now as it's all a direct result of Nicole stealing a child. Sami never had that chance with Sydney so they can't really compare it. I'm going to miss seeing Sydney on screen all the time once her story is done - she is SUCH a cute baby!

I think Nicole was really heartbroken at having to give up Mia's baby but she wanted Sami's more because she belonged to EJ. Her mind is really warped but I think she can come through this a stronger person if they don't have her hitting the bottle again.

I could not help myself

I had to search because I just could not wait till Monday. Youtube has Mondays show already online. It was great!, I am telling you it took this long but it was well worth the wait. I just loved how Sami, smacked her told her say it, say sydney is sami baby.. say it.. Nicole NO! sami Smak.. LOL

she put so much power in to that smak, her breathing was hard her face expression was wonderful.

Nicole to.. her crying as if it was real (cause this is tv land) both women were great. I just can't wait now till same is with her daughter now everyday... I think I have played the Youtube clips a 100 times smack, smack, smack.. LOL excited.:smile:

and great write.. because of you i had to search it.. thanks

I almost didn't read the day ahead today and torture myself all weekend lol. But I couldn't resist and poirot you didn't disappoint! I will have my popcorn ready on Monday! my husband and I have been waiting for this! Go sami!

Wonder what's the Vivian woman up to? Was she Lawrence's mom or first wife? I do not know any background of that story.
I wonder why rafe told Daniel first about Sydney?

Vivian Alamain is Lawrence's aunt. Next to her, Kate looks like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

Vivian connived a way to have Kate & Victor's embryo (Philip) implanted in her. (She had a thing for Victor and freaked out when he married Kate.) So, she is not Philip's biological mother (Kate is) but she is the 'birth mother'.

She buried Carly alive, in an elaborate scheme that would've made Stefano proud.

She kidnapped Nicholas and made Carly and Lawrence think he died at birth. They were all reunited several years later -around the time of the burial fiasco (Carly was saved by Lawrence) Vivian had Nicholas in a private boarding school.

Carly chose Lawrence over Bo and they rode off into the sunset with Nicholas.

Now she's back!

Carly was Bo's fiance. He got involved with her when Hope was presumed dead. She had a relationship with Victor as well. (Can't remember the details)

Rafe probably told Daniel because he's a doctor, knew where the baby was and could decipher the DNA results to know Rafe was being truthful about Sami being Sydney's mother.

I wonder where they are going with the Carly/Mia/Vivian storyline. Oh, God, I hope Vivian doesn't sink her claws into that poor young girl. Vivian is the personification of evil.

I loved the dialouge between Sami and Nicole, and I look forward Tuesday's episode. :)

Wow....

I just saw the video clip of the peeks for this week and OMG !!! I feel SOOOOOO sad for Nicole !!!!!! WOW ! What an excellent job she is doing ! ALL of them are doing ! WOW...

That's really all I popped in to say !

HURRY UP MONDAY !!!

LOL

omg

Vivian Alamain is Lawrence's aunt. Next to her, Kate looks like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

Vivian connived a way to have Kate & Victor's embryo (Philip) implanted in her. (She had a thing for Victor and freaked out when he married Kate.) So, she is not Philip's biological mother (Kate is) but she is the 'birth mother'.

She buried Carly alive, in an elaborate scheme that would've made Stefano proud.

She kidnapped Nicholas and made Carly and Lawrence think he died at birth. They were all reunited several years later -around the time of the burial fiasco (Carly was saved by Lawrence) Vivian had Nicholas in a private boarding school.

Carly chose Lawrence over Bo and they rode off into the sunset with Nicholas.

Now she's back!

Carly was Bo's fiance. He got involved with her when Hope was presumed dead. She had a relationship with Victor as well. (Can't remember the details)

Rafe probably told Daniel because he's a doctor, knew where the baby was and could decipher the DNA results to know Rafe was being truthful about Sami being Sydney's mother.

I wonder where they are going with the Carly/Mia/Vivian storyline. Oh, God, I hope Vivian doesn't sink her claws into that poor young girl. Vivian is the personification of evil.

Holy crap! Somebody that makes Kate look nice?! I'm scared of her! Lol.
Still waiting to watch Mondays show. My husbands cutting his fishing time early today just to come watch with me. He can't wait till EJ finds out too.

OMG!!!! Today's episode was AWESOME!!!! I had to stay home with a sick baby so I actually got to watch an episode on time.

Ali (Sami) & Ari (Nicole) did a fantastic job with the confrontation. If this don't get them recognized for awards next year, someone needs to be slapped. I could just feel Sami's anger and Nicole's misery as if I were there witnessing the whole fiasco in person. BRAVO to both actresses!!!!!

I enjoyed the episode too. Funny how it passed faster than most days. And of course the focal point was centered around Sami and Nicole. But I have to comment on a comment made by Kate when she let Chloe in the door. She asked her, "Where's Brisbane? Adelaide? Where's the baby? That made me laugh.

I enjoyed the episode too. Funny how it passed faster than most days. And of course the focal point was centered around Sami and Nicole. But I have to comment on a comment made by Kate when she let Chloe in the door. She asked her, "Where's Brisbane? Adelaide? Where's the baby? That made me laugh.

OC, I heard her say that, but I didn't get it. Who are Brisbane and Adelaide? The only Adelaide I know was in Guys and Dolls.

I also enjoyed Kate a lot on Monday! I loved how she was baiting EJ, eating the olive out of the martini and got him back with the line "For someone who depends on his father as much as you do, I'd be careful about using the term "lapdog." That may not be word for word, but the way she said it was perfect. I just love Kate.

I'm enjoying Kate too. She really is one of those characters I "love to hate". She's so deliciously nasty.
And I liked EJ's line about the lapdog sons -- and Kate's come back to it.

I didn't hear the "Brisbane, Adelaide" line. Sorry I missed it -- and thanks for bringing it up. That is soooooo Kate!

Back