Days of Our Lives - Mon., Oct. 16, 2017

Gabi is not without her merits, but I've seen Jessica Fletcher and once read my sister's Nancy Drew books when I was home from grade school with some illness, and Gabi is no Jessica Fletcher or Nancy Drew. These two intrepid women cleverly solved crimes, but all Gabi generally does is run her mouth and stick her nose where it isn't needed. (She's about as useless as a crime-fighter as goat-phobic Lani and phony tough hothead JJ.)

Well, I wasn't really trying to compare Gabi to Jessica Fletcher or Nancy Drew, per se. I was just trying to make the point, in my inimitable tongue-in-cheek way, that popular culture is full of characters that involve themselves in police business when they shouldn't and really nobody bats an eye when they do. And where would be without them? :)

And in Gabi's defense (I know it's a shock to see me type those words. LOL) I don't think to her it was about "interfering in police business", although she was as it was about going to bat for a friend.

Going to bat for a friend is often what Jessica Fletcher does. She's always telling some police detective she wouldn't dream of interfering in their investigation, which of course if pretty laughable to everyone except for the poor, frustrated detective. I'm a long-time Murder She Wrote Fan. Practically have the episodes memorized.

Now I've got to watch what I've got recorded of this episode so I can move on to the next summary.

I get that the show has a limited number of characters, but the playing of sexual musical chairs has gotten tiresome. It has become a matter of folks just picking off low-hanging fruit, being too lazy to look for new people. I like to think that this level of partner-exchanging would not happen in real life.

DDDrama, I hope that Brady will quickly recover from the effects of this bI-betrayal, and forget about revenge.

I don’t condone Brady’s hateful behavior but let's have a heart here and revisit his romantic history. He started out with a heart as big as forever, then the writers turned things ugly. Every love interest, (except for the one that died in the underground explosion) has his ground his heart into the gravel.

As for his nasty treatment of Nicole, well again, I don’t condone it, but walk a mile in his shoes. Don’t get me wrong, I love Nicole. However, I was married to a cheater and when I caught him, there are actions and words that reared their ugly heads I didn’t realize were in me.

This whole scenario was written to make him mean and we’re all buying it. Except for throwing the supposed murder of Deimos as a threat, who among us didn’t spew venomous vocabulary at a cheating partner? Sorry for all the Brady haters out there, but step outside your perfect relationships and walk a mile in his shoes. This latest blow would make anyone explode.

Last edited:
Brady is his own worst enemy. He jumps head first into relationships that are headed for disaster, and won't listen to anyone (even his own dad) who tries to warn him about women like Kristen and Theresa. He is a spoiled brat who wants what he wants when he wants it. The sad thing is that he usually gets it. He turns to drugs and alcohol when anything goes wrong.

Nicole and Brady have been on-again, off-again so many times that he should have known what would happen when he bullied Nicole into an intimate relationship when they were in Canada. If I were a betting man, I would bet that, if Kristen were to return to Salem and want him back, the fool would be back in her clutches and her bed in a short time. Brady needs to take responsibility for what he has become, and Victor needs to stop enabling him.

Last edited:
and Victor needs to stop enabling him.
And therein lies part of the problem. Victor, who kidnapped Brady in Europe to put him into rehab, watches Brady drink and really, does nothing. But worse, he gives his lousy advice, and Brady follows it. His own father bemoaned that he was doing so, bad idea, etc. But Brady has ignored anything anyone else has said. He definitely is a spoiled brat who wants his own way, and right now is blaming Nicole for all his own bad decisions. He was jealous and vindictive when Nicole had not done a thing, and neither had Eric.

and this is why he ordered Eric to fire Nicole. Where does he get off doing that? But he did, and again, nothing at all had gone on between Eric & Nicole.

And yes, Nicole & Eric gave in to their feelings, admitted them to each other and made love, had sex, whatever anyone wants to call it. That should not have happened until Nicole told Brady she could not be with him any longer. But it did......after all, the writers had to find some way to usher Nicole out of town in misery, didn't they?

He was jealous and vindictive when Nicole had not done a thing, and neither had Eric

And, this is where I cross swords with, I guess, most Spectators. Nicole's pre-cheating signaling was blatant, as was Eric's, though to a lessor extent. The only thing missing was an out-of-order air-conditioner, and a bucket of ice cubes. I doubt that anyone, who is not comatose, would tolerate similar behavior on the part of a significant other. Brady's arguably biggest mistake was in giving Nicole enough rope to hang herself, which she did.

Believe me when I say that I am very much aware that a woman has every right to conduct herself however she wants, and that "it's her body, and she can do with it as she pleases." These rights are valid in the abstract, of course, but in practice, the results of the implementation of these rights are often dire. Relationship exclusivity among humans, and many animals, has been the rule of the game for millennia.

I am relinquishing my soapbox, now. Thank you for listening! :) :)

Brady's arguably biggest mistake was in giving Nicole enough rope to hang herself,
WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

From where I sat, Brady didn't GIVE anything in that relationship. He is a spoiled rotten granddad's boy who TAKES, then drowns his self-inflicted sorrows in booze and/or drugs.

"Sometimes I feel, sometimes I feel, like I been tied to the whippin' post!" -- Alman Brothers Band, 1970

Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back