Days of Our Lives - Monday, July 14, 2008

My goodness..here we go on another heated debate over EJ, Lucas, & Sami.

Here is my take...on the physical day to day care and rearing of toddlers, all 3 adults are wonderful at it.

Does Sami love her kids? You bet. Would she think twice about using them to get her way? Hell no!! (EX: Did Lucas EVER hit Will? No, but it served Sami well to lie.)

EJ & Lucas can both diaper, burp, and rock to sleep a baby wonderfully. For us fans to debate whether any of them are good parents is crazy since we only see the twins sporatically & when someone is complimenting one of the parents on raising them. EJ & Lucas would both make great caring fathers. I don't believe they would ever do anything w/the kids to get their way. Yes EJ has a court order to stop Sami from taking Johnny. Lucas wanted full custody before he went to prison. This is just protection since Sami is a loose cannon.

Sami.............what can I say....her parents did an awful job raising her. She can not admit that ANYTHING is her fault. Again, I BELIEVE she wants & loves EJ, but has some sort of guilt over choosing him over Lucas...thereby dangle them both on a string...admit to feelings, and then sub them. Hopefully this summer w/the supposed return of Stefano, a love story will finally happen between EJ & Sami, and Chloe & Lucas. I am liking the NIcole character more and more, but she is not 'couple' material for EJ. She is a great comic foil, and he needs a great love.

I don't care what Sami's past is, and let's even ignore EJ's past.....Sami is a good mother to those twins, she has been shown above reproach when it comes to her babies. Since they were born she has been nothing but a caring, loving, good mother to them. For the father to out of the blue, decide to take one of them away from her is deplorable. (And for the sake of this discussion, I'm ignoring the fact that it is EJ Dimera) Sami does not deserve this nor does that little baby deserve to be taken away from his mother and his sister. Absolutely deplorable....

AMEN...Thats what I've been trying to say all along, but you got the point across very well:clap:

My goodness..here we go on another heated debate over EJ, Lucas, & Sami.

I guess I must be oblivious because I didn't think it was a heated debate.

I just don't see any evidence that points to EJ or Lucas purposely agreeing to harm those children to settle their differences.

Thank you!

You've said exactly what I wanted to say but it took me all morning (I was away for the weekend) to read through all the posts to see if it's been said yet...

So many on the board jumping on EJ as the bad guy. Sheesh! I'm not seeing it here. What I see is a man being rational, something Sami is most decidedly not being at the moment. If she was, he would not have needed to pull her aside and remind her that she was hurting her own grandmother by trashing her pub and worse that it is at a time when gramma Caroline is having major concerns of her own. She doesnt need her own granddaughter making her life more difficult.

Plus, he knows Sami's history and her M.O. He knew she would eventually try to pick up the kids and run with no set plan, no place to go, no way to take care of the kids, etc.

If everyone here steps back, drops their personal opinions of one dad or the other and looks at the children....

They are currently safe and sound and very well taken care of living in a mansion with 24 hour servants. Are ALL of their parents a bit (or more) screwed up in one way or another? for sure! But the kids are in a stable environment for the moment and should stay there until a rational plan is devised and approved.

Does a custody hearing automatically mean that EJ is trying to take one or both children away from Sami? Absolutely not. A custody agreement is EXACTLY what these three (EJ/Sami/Lucas) need in order to peacefully co-exist on this planet. It is the right thing to do and doesnt mean anyone is trying to take the children away. It could mean that the agreement will be Sami gets both children - but requires her to maintain a proper residence for them and for her to get her life together, get a job or whatnot... etc.

The custody hearing could give Sami just the kick in the butt she needs to pull herself together.

but again, back to this episode at hand... it does NOT mean that EJ is the bad guy. Have someone who doesnt watch the show (and therefore has no bias) look at this episode and what they will tell you is that tall English guy with the pie on his face was in the right. They will also most likely comment that the blonde chick threatening to pack up her kids and move out has a few screws loose and shouldnt be allowed to be anywhere near children until she's had some counseling!!

Just looking at the episode without the rose-colored glasses!!

HGF

Wait, EJ isn't threatening to take Johnny away from Sami, he is saying she can't take him from the house. To me this makes common sense. She has no job, no home, no furniture, no money. How is she going to take care of herselve and two babies. EJ is being practical IMO. If Sami wants to leave, and wants to have a custody hearing, (which they should for support, visitation, etc.) that's fine, but she needs to put some thought into what is best for her and her children, and not go off half-cocked.

I started reading from pg 1 of this posting thru page 9, and there is much talk of how manipulative EJ is, and that he is no great parent. I was only saying that , regarding being a parent, the story line is not addressing this, whether EJ or Lucas. Right now EJ & Lucas 'seem' to be through w/Sami. She jerked them both around , yet expects them to continue allowing her to do it. When they realized that they deserve a real life & moved on to other women, she went ballistic.
My hope is that when Marlena finally is made aware of what happened in the elevators, and at the pu on Mon, & the court order, she will finally say to Sami- "YOU are at the root of ALL these problems. You made your bed now sleep in it" (true wishing on my part)

When she yells at EJ that he is truly a DiMera, & she calls herslf Sami Brady now, I laugh. She is the most unBrady on the show.

I guess I must be oblivious because I didn't think it was a heated debate.

I just don't see any evidence that points to EJ or Lucas purposely agreeing to harm those children to settle their differences.

I was just making the point that Sami would lie about Lucas hitting Will if it suits her, but I do not believe the men would ever do that. She acts like a cornered animal ready to strike out at anyone who crosses her when needed. Now I for some reason like her (maybe it is Alison Sweeney/Sami I like) but I am tired of the juvinile behavior.

I still see she & EJ together in the future, but not till she grows up. Look at 2 Days couples that met as younger people- Bo & Hope, & Jack & Jennifer. They went through being young, selfish, spoiled, silly sexy, etc, and then they matured as couples over the years. I think this is why Sami & Lucas cannot work. The writers never matured them together. They act like they are still 18. EJ is an adult & w/Sami, she acts more adult. The writers should really consider maturing her with or w/out EJ as a couple. She cannot be with a boy & with Sami, Lucas acts like a boy. Hopefully w/Chloe, he can be a man.

Have someone who doesnt watch the show (and therefore has no bias) look at this episode and what they will tell you is that tall English guy with the pie on his face was in the right. They will also most likely comment that the blonde chick threatening to pack up her kids and move out has a few screws loose and shouldnt be allowed to be anywhere near children until she's had some counseling!!

An "outsider" would have to base her opinion on a few minutes in the lives of this couple and would not be able to give a fair one. So much is based on knowing the people/characters and their histories. Yes, in this scene, EJ is the rational one but we viewers know his history as well as that of Sami and Lucas. None of them would win a parent of the year award but I think all three of them have the best interest of the children at heart. It's how they go about it that is so juvenile. Sami needs to grow up and stop using her children as weapons against their dads.

Yes, in this scene, EJ is the rational one but we viewers know his history as well as that of Sami and Lucas. None of them would win a parent of the year award but I think all three of them have the best interest of the children at heart.

I still think of EJ as a bad guy who didn't get caught and I know that the writers were trying to redeem his character. I think he has been partially redeemed in the fact that fatherhood has changed him because he has a little one that needs him and depends on him.

I loved where everyone was giving Sami some hard truths about her behavior, and how each person, herself, Lucas, etc are all responsible for their own actions and choices. Sami still seems to be in complete denial about how she is and should be responsible for herself. The woman needs some medication for her bi-polar disorder.

Sami still seems to be in complete denial about how she is and should be responsible for herself. The woman needs some medication for her bi-polar disorder.

I was thinking that her behavior was more in line with someone with ADHD, probably combined type, which can have fairly mild hyperactivity. My daughter is combined type and rarely hyper, though when she is, she's practically off the scale. (The subtypes are hyperactive/impulsive, inattentive [think your stereotypical absent minded professor] and combined type.) She doesn't have the manic highs or the depressive lows of bipolar. She does have erratic mood swings and impulsive behavior though, which are hallmark of ADHD. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Females with ADHD are more likely to have impulsive traits, rather the hyper traits. Hmm, this post was a little longer, and more serious, than I originally planned.

I was thinking that her behavior was more in line with someone with ADHD, probably combined type, which can have fairly mild hyperactivity. My daughter is combined type and rarely hyper, though when she is, she's practically off the scale. (The subtypes are hyperactive/impulsive, inattentive [think your stereotypical absent minded professor] and combined type.) She doesn't have the manic highs or the depressive lows of bipolar. She does have erratic mood swings and impulsive behavior though, which are hallmark of ADHD. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Females with ADHD are more likely to have impulsive traits, rather the hyper traits. Hmm, this post was a little longer, and more serious, than I originally planned.

I agree w/all you write...my son has ADHD, but he is NO WAY like Sami. He is 12 and sweet, smart, and a hyper active kid who I need to be reminding of things over & over-tiring. I have a 7 year old daughter, who comapred to his behavior, is perfect. She balances out my life and brings sanity to our crazy world.

Regarding DAys Sami and possible ADD. Too easy a fix...should Lexi hand her some Ritalin or Concerta and next thing you know she becomes Saint Sami. ADD may play into it, but she is a screwed up girl whose parents never reprimand and are always making excuses for and siding with. Plain & simple...she is a brat who needs to grow up. If she was SMART (ha ha) she would digest all said about her by the other characters & admit. at least to herself she is at fault too, & release Lucas from her grasp, & either try to win EJ back (he DOES still love her, where Lucas has resigned himself that it is over), or be alone until some strong man makes the scene.

Back