Days of Our Lives - Monday, July 14, 2008

I think everyone is just going to have to see this show for themselves. There is a lot of dialogue, much more than I listed. I can't do the word for word. i.e. Chelsea asked Kate why, if she thought Dan was such a wonderful doc, and excellent surgeon, she would not let him operate on her. Kate gives some song and dance about becoming close with Daniel when Chelsea was so sick, and so felt it better if someone else did the surgery. It was nonsensical. (to me).

Please let us not argue about who Sami loves, who loves Sami more, or who the fathers of the twins are. It has been done to death in countless threads here, and there is no sense in rehashing it all. Days is going to do whatever it wants, we have differerent writers with different ideas than when this saga first began.

This is the Day ahead summary for Monday. There has been movement on all the fronts. Sami has learned of Lucas's romp with Chloe now, she has confronted her with a comical food fight. Victor has made Bo promise to watch over Philip, just as Bo gets a break in the Hollingsworth case, we learned what happened between Kate & Daniel, Morgan got a notice of a pkg. at the P.O. waiting for her, and Philip is going with her to pick it up, while EJ got a court order behind Sami's back. Things are picking up in Salem.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I actually am gong to side with EJ on this one. Sami is not taking responsibility for her part in all this and is taking the twins out of spite.

@Jade... I don't believe that Sami should have to take responsibility for anything besides doing what she thinks is best for herself and her children. IMO almost every think she has done is what she thought was best for herself and her children. EJ has made her choices very difficult. I don't think she is talking her children out of spite, but more to get her self and her children out of a stressful situation that could become more harmful to the babies if left in the mansion from hell. She must take care of herself in order to be a good mother and give the babies what they need. EJ is NOT "father material" in my opinion. Sami should have evey right to remove her children from an unstable home life, and she could always go to Marlena's or Alice's for the time being untill the paternity is worked out.

Not necessarily. Remember how Hope was with Stefano and John only, but it was later written in that she and Bo were together in Paris so he could be Zack's daddy? The same thing happened with Hope and Patrick but it turned out that Bo had come to the rescue again, off camera, and Ciara belongs to him.

I see your point and we all know that anything can happen on Days, but when would she have had the opportunity to have been with Lucas? How long has he been in jail? It is so hard to tell how much time has passed.

Sami could have had some sort of makeup sex with Lucas the next night. We would not know it. Just as we did not know about Daniel and Kate.

@4everluvU....I could be wrong, but I think Jade was talking of how Sami was not taking responsibility for herself, in that her actions resulted in both Lucas & EJ sleeping with other women. She blamed the women, is told her waffling, indecision, etc. had them both "moving on" and she does not want to accept that.

I definitely agree tho, that Sami has had to make choices of late, which at times were based on EJ's lies and manipulations, and she may very well have chosen another path if she had known the truth.
i.e. the scam about the INS.......she never would have moved into the mansion with him, and he knew that. And when that was over, he scammed her about the annulment. Sami should definitely see Uncle Mickey about that court order. LOL

YEah...think about Shawn & Belle....over & over saying they never had sex. Then Claire turned out to be Shawns??? Days wrote in that they did sleep toghter....I dont remember the jist of it all....But honestly, Days can do what ever they want. Heck at this point Lucas could have been unconcious & Sami just jumped him & viola..pregnant!! :) Just kidding!

Hi All! I have been reading the posts for a while and everyone seems to be having so much fun, I thought I'd join in! Thanks a bunch Barb for the great spoilers! I can't wait to see the show although I sure hope EJ isn't going to be falling out of love with Sami and pining for Nicole (yuk). I'd like to see him and Sami really together because he's the only one who finds her awful behavior and crazy schemes charming! They're perfect for each other. By the way, Buffy and Angel all the way!! Oh well, at least there's Boothe and Bones...:(

:welcome: Kimt512 & Tiki

Wow! Thanks Poirot! Sounds like a great show, moving right along. I too am one that is very happy about Chloe, Nicole & EJ letting Sami have it by telling her it is her fault. She should wake up and smell the coffee! Maybe this will make her grow up a little! Of course, I have my opinions about the triangle of Lucas/Sami/EJ, but as Poirot says, Days will do whatever Days wants, so we really have no control over that!

I think pretty much everyone agrees that the fling (that never really happened on the show) between Daniel & Kate is stupid! :rant:

Also it is very sad to me that Victor is calling ones to his bedside and telling them to watch over others, is he leaving? :mad: I hope not!!!!

Anyway can't wait to see how all of this pans out! :smile:

Hi All! I have been reading the posts for a while and everyone seems to be having so much fun, I thought I'd join in! Thanks a bunch Barb for the great spoilers! I can't wait to see the show although I sure hope EJ isn't going to be falling out of love with Sami and pining for Nicole (yuk). I'd like to see him and Sami really together because he's the only one who finds her awful behavior and crazy schemes charming! They're perfect for each other. By the way, Buffy and Angel all the way!! Oh well, at least there's Boothe and Bones...:(

Welcome. Glad to see another Days fan...and Buffy fan!!

I think Sami is old enough to take the blame/consequences for her own actions now. Blaming Roman/John/Marlena is an easy way to leave Samantha blameless and give her carte blanche to do whatever she wants. This mess in which she currently finds herself was caused by her own indecisiveness and childishness. This chick needs to grow up, or she'll always find herself on the outside looking in. These men should have moved on months ago if you ask me. Who wants to battle for her fickle heart forever?

I agree with you. Sami has never had any counselling and raised the way she was, anybody would have troubles.

Why...

1st - I always read the board, but never post, so I thought I'd join in. Hello everyone.

Now, why, why, why are they writing something going on between Dr. Dan and Kate? Isn't it bad enough that Billie slept with Nick? First her Mom and now her Grandmother? They need to do something else with Kate...something besides always interferring with her kids lives...too bad they didn't keep Ava's father on...they could've put him and Kate together...

I think pretty much everyone agrees that the fling (that never really happened on the show) between Daniel & Kate is stupid!

Actually I don't. I have no problems with the affair. The fact we went through it already with Nick (which was on a lesser level) just makes me hope taht Chan are on their way out and I don't care if they freaking videotaped it and threw it up at youtube so that Chelsea can see. Anything to end this couple.

Plus, the writing ahs been all over the place with Daniel SINCE DAY ONE. He gave no indication into liking Chelsea until she became sick. Then once he is pushing her away, he is clearly hitting on Lexie. Then in the hospital he was actually quite threatening to Kate. Then he suddenly asks Chelsea out, whatever keeping him from pursueing a relationship with her is now gone. And now we find out they did it, and Daniel shows not one ounce of guilt.

I don't see how Chan can overcome this. It was bad enough for Chelsea to go through this the first time but a second time makes her a laughing stock. Nobody that was against Chan before is going to ship them now because Daniel slept with her grandma and for those on the fence they are going to walk away, possibly losing Chan fans.

EJ and Sami

I want to know why EJ has not been arrested for the rape of Sami, everyone knows that is how little Johnny came to be.

This is OT for this thread but to answer your question, Sami never pressed any charges against EJ and has since forgiven him. The "R" word has become such a bone of contention that we just don't discuss it here anymore.

:welcome: to the board. I hope to see lots of your posts.

@4everluvU....I could be wrong, but I think Jade was talking of how Sami was not taking responsibility for herself, in that her actions resulted in both Lucas & EJ sleeping with other women. She blamed the women, is told her waffling, indecision, etc. had them both "moving on" and she does not want to accept that.

I definitely agree tho, that Sami has had to make choices of late, which at times were based on EJ's lies and manipulations, and she may very well have chosen another path if she had known the truth.
i.e. the scam about the INS.......she never would have moved into the mansion with him, and he knew that. And when that was over, he scammed her about the annulment. Sami should definitely see Uncle Mickey about that court order. LOL

I hope I did not come off that I was picking a fight with Jade and if so I am sorry. I just don't thing that Sami would be in the spot she is in if it weren't for EJ. Lucas is as much a victim as Sami is IMO.

@Jade... I don't believe that Sami should have to take responsibility for anything besides doing what she thinks is best for herself and her children. IMO almost every think she has done is what she thought was best for herself and her children. EJ has made her choices very difficult. I don't think she is talking her children out of spite, but more to get her self and her children out of a stressful situation that could become more harmful to the babies if left in the mansion from hell. She must take care of herself in order to be a good mother and give the babies what they need. EJ is NOT "father material" in my opinion. Sami should have evey right to remove her children from an unstable home life, and she could always go to Marlena's or Alice's for the time being untill the paternity is worked out.

ITA! And if this were weeks ago and a choice she made calmly because she was tired of all the fighting going on between her kids' fathers then I'd be praising her wonderful parenting skills.

But she never once thought of leaving until now. Why is that? Simple... She didn't want to leave. She didn't think once about how the environment was harmful to her kids. She liked having EJ and Lucas around. She wants them both and had them both, in some form or another.

So why up and leave now? Because she's mad. I'm sorry but how can anyone read about her getting into a massive fight, food fight no less at the pub and then storming out and blazing into the mansion packing up the twins to go... heck she doesn't even know where yet, as her doing so for any other reason then pure rage? She's p!ssed at EJ and so she's doing the only thing she can to fight back.

And as for her taking responsiblity... what Barb said was what I was meaning. She led both these guys on for a long time and has no right to be mad at them. And certainly has no right to be mad at Chloe or Nicole. She was not commited to either man, had told EJ to bugger off, and had admited to Lucas she still cared for EJ. Exactly what did she expect these two to do?! Just hang around forever?! No, sorry but if she doesn't like this situation it is her own fault.

As for EJ being father material or not. Honestly that's an entirely different conversation. I'd NEVER put him up for father of the year. But I also do think he cares for the kids and would never hurt them.

And um... just one last little note... Sami's actions are motivated by the man/men in her life, not by what's best for her kids. She's not the worst mother in the world but she's never had her priorities straight. JHMO

PS. Oh and I just read your other post... I don't think you're picking a fight. :) And I DO agree with you that EJ is to blame for a lot. But Sami has had choices all along the way with lots of people showing her other paths she could take. The only thing Sami fell victim too here is Karma. She could have stoped this train wreck at any time.

Go EJ!! I love Sami but at the same time I'm so happy that someone has finally stood up to her. Just because Sami is the twins' mom doesn't mean that she can use them as such puppets in her play. That is definitely not fair to a child's father! I know that this is soap land but we need to remember that these children have two parents who love them, not just one manipulative mother.
sorry, this is just another way of ej controlling her. sorry, i don't bite that he loved her one bit.,

1st - I always read the board, but never post, so I thought I'd join in. Hello everyone.

Now, why, why, why are they writing something going on between Dr. Dan and Kate? Isn't it bad enough that Billie slept with Nick? First her Mom and now her Grandmother? They need to do something else with Kate...something besides always interferring with her kids lives...too bad they didn't keep Ava's father on...they could've put him and Kate together...

welcome to the forum happy posting

sorry, this is just another way of ej controlling her. sorry, i don't bite that he loved her one bit.,

Honestly, this time I think he really is doing this for his son. I don't think this is another ploy to keep her. I could be wrong. But EJ in this isolated moment is right. Sami can't just pack up his kid and go because she's mad at him.

Back