Days of Our Lives Monday Oct 13 2008

I just Monday's episode, which IMO, was fantastic. The part I loved the best was Kate's reaction to Chelsea. Good for Kate, and I'm glad she told Chelsea how the cow ate the cabbage.

Kate jsut became my hero.

Nicole was shot

No they did not. Just that she was not able to have children. Nicole says it is a miracle

If I remember correctly, about five years ago an assassin working for Stephano shot her in the abdomen. I'm not sure whether she was the target or an unintended victim. Although she lived, the doctors said she could never have children.

If I remember correctly, about five years ago an assassin working for Stephano shot her in the abdomen. I'm not sure whether she was the target or an unintended victim. Although she lived, the doctors said she could never have children.

Yeah... I remembered the episode. It was actually an accident that occurred when Nicole's dad, Paul, was killed. Thanks, though! I was just wondering if they had rehashed it for EJ's benefit.

True Lela:

Nicole's baby is not as "valuable" as a Brady baby in Stephano's eyes...

John has the exact same bloodline as Stefano's grandchildren, Johnny and baby #2. Stefano definitely does not find him valuable. In fact, he sees John only as a pawn. the Brady connection only justifies his hatred of John and Sami looks exactly like the women he hates with his whole heart. I don't think he will view these children as more valuable, Maybe more like weapons. He can't even love his own children unconditionally and they are even related to the Brady family whom he hates! I see the only value he would have for them is as pay back to the Brady's. Actually turning Brady's bad.

Nicole had already had told EJ some time ago she could not have children. he even says he thought it impossible. She asks if he forgot his biology. Then he says, o.k. highly unlikely, and she tells him he wasn't paying attention in health class.

Sami just keeps insisting Nicole is lying, that she is barren, she just wants to con EJ into marrying her so she can get her hands on his money. When Nikki feels the baby kick, and says so, Sami is so bent on proving Nicole a liar, pulls up Nikki's blouse, and there for all to see is the bulging baby bump. Now EJ tells Sami to get lost, this is between him & Nicole, and when she leaves angry because the b***** got us both pregnant which is what she mutters to herself out in foyer.......it is a very tender moment, when EJ kneels down in front of her, saying something about she really IS having his child. Of course a few minutes later her ruins it all by telling her he has to have proof the child is his. What a jerk!

I've always heard that a baby doesn't kick until the second trimester. How far along is Nicole supposed to be?

Time sure is warped in good ol' Salem, USA.

That would only make her 8 weeks. Not far enough to show or for the baby to kick. I know he asked why she did not say anything sooner.

I thought EJ said "a few months" ago, and nothing since. I could be wrong.

However, it was 4th of July.............and Nicole definitely is showing!

I just Monday's episode, which IMO, was fantastic. The part I loved the best was Kate's reaction to Chelsea. Good for Kate, and I'm glad she told Chelsea how the cow ate the cabbage.

Kate jsut became my hero.

Owelor, LOL, I haven't heard anybody say, "How the cow ate the cabbage" since my mother's been gone. You must have southern roots or else that saying is more universal than I thought.

Back to the topic of Nicole, it is surprising to me that she's going to be "showing" on Monday. I was thinking she'd still been looking slim and trim up till now, but I've erased all my recordings so can't go back and look.

Thanks DJM for the write up. Look forward to watching the show, but so enjoy reading about them first.

Back to the topic of Nicole, it is surprising to me that she's going to be "showing" on Monday. I was thinking she'd still been looking slim and trim up till now, but I've erased all my recordings so can't go back and look.

I am certainly surprised, as well! I remembered her over the past few episodes touching her rather flat abdomen and talking to her unborn child. Based on that, it's a little soon to be feeling kicks and showing. I suppose if she really is in the second trimester, she could have hit that stage where you seem to go from flat to pregnant overnight. I don't know, timing seems off, but, hey, this IS Salem. Pregnancies don't ever seem to have normal development or duration!

I noticed how extremely flat her stomach was when she had on that teal dress last week. Ah, well.....

She sure was - guess they hadn't added the padding then. It is padding isn't, Nicole is not pg in real life is she? It's possible for the baby to be kicking at 3 months, I guess - it's usually around 4, I thought though. Well, if she's due in April and Sami is having her baby before the holidays, just when did Sami get pregnant? I thought it was in May????? That would make her due date in February. Somebody help with these calculations, please!

Sami is definitely in her 2nd trimester, the latter part no doubt, and is just now getting nauseous, etc. She should have already felt the baby kick, etc., and she is definitely HUGE!!! It just might be twins again, and they generally come early!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ali Sweeney herself is due in January, and it has been reported that Sami will be delivering in december, as will Nicole!!!! We will have to wait for further news on this. Maybe Ali just films the "delivery" scenes before Christmas break, to be shown and interspersed into later shows. hard to tell.

Yeah... I remembered the episode. It was actually an accident that occurred when Nicole's dad, Paul, was killed. Thanks, though! I was just wondering if they had rehashed it for EJ's benefit.

That's what I thought too, but we're both wrong. When I was researching Nicole a while back, I got as far as just after the shooting of Paul Mendez, and Nicole had not been shot yet. It was during her marriage to Victor, but not when her father died.

The bullet was intended for Victor, if I remember right.

Just found this on Beth's page.....Aug. 23, 2002.... there is a contract out on Victor, Sami knows about Colin & Nicole, while Nicole is sabotaging Sami's relationship w/Brandon....

The Stakeout...
At the Jave Café, Roman and Billie go over final details. She tells him that before the night is over, she plans on having Bo in bed! She wasn't serious, but tells Roman that is what HE is thinking. She asks him if he is jealous and as a flustered Roman reminds her that he is her boss. She assures him that she is not after Bo and all will be professional and nothing will go wrong. Bo and Victor meet to go over the plan. Even though Victor has booked a room, Bo tells him to stay away from the Salem Inn. Victor refuses to back down and informs Bo that he will be there as scheduled. (Hey, I just noticed that Bo has an earring. Has that always been there, or is it just for the undercover operation?) After Bo leaves, Philip sees him and asks what is wrong. Victor refuses to tell him...only telling him to have a good time on his trip and that he loves him.

Later, Shawn (looking for Bo) runs into Roman. Roman tells him that he is undercover and can't be reached. Shawn keeps calling Bo and leaving him messages. Shawn runs into Philip who is excited about his trip. Noticing that Shawn is distracted, asks him what is wrong. He tells him that it concerns Cassie and Rex and needs to talk to Bo. Philip tells him that he saw him headed into the Salem Inn earlier, so Shawn heads that way.

Roman gets a call and in turn calls Bo and tells him that the hit man is in Salem. Bo and Billie are at the Salem Inn (Billie in a sexy white dress and Bo in sunglasses with slicked-down hair). A stubborn Victor also arrives and checks in at the front desk. Bo and Billie spot two guys, one who is lurking in the shadows and one with a briefcase. Shawn comes in and sees Bo and Billie sitting on the sofa in the lobby kissing and storms out. On his way out, he passes Sami and Nicole arguing at the entrance. The two guys separate inside, with Bo telling Billie to follow the briefcase. Sami and Nicole storm in arguing the whole time and confront Victor. Bo sees the other guy pull out a gun and yells for everyone to get out of the way as he pulls his own gun. As Sami hits the floor, she shoves Nicole into Victor's arms and the gun fires. Fade to black as the credits roll.

Thanks for that little reminder, I can't belive it was really that long ago. It seams like only yesterday.
I hope that Ej & Nicole get together and Sami is left out in the cold. But it looks like Lucas is once again going to come to her rescue. I wish he would tell EJ that Sami is pregnant instead of helping her trick EJ.

hmmm

I am so confused... Why won't Sami just come clean with it all ready. Why keep up the charade. I am gettting sick of it. There is no reason to hide it. We already know she loves EJ and just can not deal with those feelings and she is having his child again. Can the writers please move this story along, and please do not send her back into Lucas' arms that is getting old as well we are all adults and know that is not how life works. As far as Nicole is concered. I have no idea what to say about that I am just shocked and why did they have to go there..... Why someone else could not have knocked her up for lack of a better word when it comes to her. I know I am being harsh but the show is starting to work my last nerve and I have been watching for 15 years. The whole who killed Trent drama as well, just one less scum on the earth.

Back