Days of Our Lives - Thu., Mar. 31, 2016

I am having a hard time liking Mami Hernandez so far. She thinks she has been a wonderful Mom and puts herself so high up on a pedestal. If her children want a relationship with Eduardo, then that is up to them. They are far from being children.

I thought the same thing about the sex outside in March.

I also have to say that A Martinez (Eduardo) is truly one terrific actor! He makes me almost put up with that thing on his chin. NOT!

Then again, she DOES get to have sex with Billy Flynn's Chad...LOL :wink::wink:
I don't like that Ciara mentioned that she ran into Chase in the town square in which viewers did not get to see it on-screen. (Sounds to me like ANOTHER cut scene).
No, it aired last week on Thursday. I guess Ciara's just been running around town since then.
People keep saying that Mama H is "propping Hope and Rafe" because she asked one question about Rafe "liking" Hope
By my count Mami's had 4 scene sets with Rafe, and in 2 of them, she hinted about Rafe and Hope. I'm not saying she IS propping them but it's clear the writers haven't left Rafe/Hope in the dust. And here we thought that cut kiss meant something.

I am having a hard time liking Mami Hernandez so far. She thinks she has been a wonderful Mom and puts herself so high up on a pedestal. If her children want a relationship with Eduardo, then that is up to them. They are far from being children.
Good point. Until now, Mami has been a no-show, and all her children have had problems. According to his back story, Rafe was something of a delinquent in his early days, Arianna the First was involved with drugs, Gabi was involved with crazy Andrew and later murdered Nick, and Dario is a lowlife who walked out on Victor's Argentina job without notice and now is eying poor Maggie's money. Sami, Salem's "best mother," would be shaking her head over this. (Yes, single mothers can have problems handling children, but it's Mami's high opinion of herself that's the problem.) That said, Mami's unwarranted self-esteem explains Dario, a cheap conman who was all moral superiority, ranting at a man with a serious gunshot wound who was lying in a hospital bed.

I cannot believe it literally took an ENTIRE week for us too see what happened after Ciara runs into Chase in the square. See I don't remember that scene or forgot since it's been a full week. Bad Days bad! Less Abby/Chad on-screen they are borderline Sami/EJ status now. They need to start finish telling other character's stories regularly!

My speculation is Dario is a criminal,

I wonder if he may have done something to get thrown in jail in Argentina, and that's why he left Titan without giving notice. Then when he got out, he went to California and kept going down a bad path. Just speculation and it hadn't entered my mind until I read your statement about Dario being a criminal, ErasofDiMeras.

Dario was a petty thief when he first came to Salem, It was Melanie who quickly had his number. Dario, back then, was given another chance, managed to do well at it, and thus got the promotion to head up the Argentina office.

I would not doubt he got into some sort of hot water down there, and so, wound up in L.A. doing the same things...

Thanks for the summary, JasonDS! I really needed it today, because my cable box did not record Days as programmed. Didn't discover this until POP coverage was over. Watched "part1," and "part2" on YouTube, but couldn't find "part3." Unfortunately, there were no subtitles offered. :eek: Don't think I'll look very hard for part3!

More DiMansion foreshadowing from Abby, "So many bad things happen in this house!" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Eduardo stalling around in his quarters, allowing enough time for Gabi to surprise him at the door. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Is there going to be a Hernandez Family spin-off? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
"stalling around"???? Eddie checked himself out of the hospital, and way too soon, obviously, "against medical advice". It was difficult for him to pack, even to get the suitcase off the bed. (A.Martinez did a fabulous job portraying that difficulty) , & I guarantee you, when you are weak, no energy, sick.....that is just the way it is. (Being that I am currently ill, I can verify all of it)

I really DO have a problem with the tendency on Days to ALWAYS have someone about to knock when the home owner opens the door. I really hate it.

I was in town the other day and saw a Mexican man on a motorcycle at a stoplight. I did a double take because he looked like Eduardo! Not so much on the second look as the first one though, but he got my attention. :rotfl:

Last edited:
I can't get on board the Mami Hernandez train. Her sudden interest in her children she hasn't seen or bothered with for TV years is ridiculous. Not there for Arianna's birth or any of the misfortunate disasters Gabi or Rafe have endured, and is nowhere close to a concerned and loving mom. Now all of a sudden she's a wonderful mother, seemingly with the mystical powers to read their minds. This character is somewhat laughable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree, fantastic job by A Martinez (Eduardo). It hurt watching him. I feel his pain.

As I've said before, he's much more interesting than Dario or even Mami at this point.

Agreed. I do like the Hernandez family overall but I also am fine with just Eduardo, Rafe and Gabi at this point. I'd much rather see screen time given to Belle/Shawn and Eric versus Dario and Mama Hernandez. Hopefully Mama H and Dario are short term additions to the show.

One thing that bothers me is the lack of mention of the deceased Arianna from Mama H. Mama H hasn't really said much almost like she is long forgotten and now the only Arianna mentioned is baby Arianna, Gabi's daughter. At least the family can all go see her grave together put flowers.

Seems to me like the Hernandez clan are supposed to be the new "Bradys" that were introduced slowly introduced in the 80's until the whole family became on-screen. It least my perspective.

Back