Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 21, 2024

Sounds like this was a nice tribute. Do they have to pay royalties to all those whose pictures were shown and not still on the show (or alive)?
Probably. Although I don't think it's much.

Several years ago when Steve Burton (Harris) was on Y&R, his picture was used on GH. People tweeted him about it. He joked that he'd make enough from the use of his picture to get a fast food burger.

I'm curious as to why the time capsule was to be opened on or after the year 2016?? What was so special about 2016? Guess we will find out later this week/month.
2016 would be 50 years after Alice made it.
But 2016 wasn't really a significant year within Days history. The show started in 1965, so you'd think it would've been dated 1965 with a note to open in 2015. We'll have to keep watching to see if there was something significant to Alice in 1966. Or did the writers accidentally mess up the years?

If the scab writers didn't get it right that Tom's mother created the first ornaments as a gift for Tom and Alice, getting the actual number of grandkids, great-grandkids, etc. wrong doesn't surprise me. Plus, with steps, fosters, stillborn babies, etc., hard to guess just who they were counting.
I know, I was teary until then. Then I got mad. A piece of history gotten so wrong. It never would have happened if Greg Meng, the keeper of the history, was still there.

I enjoyed it all. I was glad to see the Horton house wasn't as destroyed as we had been led to believe. To think Bill Hayes (Doug) was so near the end of his life and could still sing like that. Who cares if it was 100% accurate? With all the changes over the years, it's a wonder anyone could get it all right. Anyway, I loved it.

Great job, Jason. You finally lucked out with a great episode!

I liked the actors playing young Tom and Alice, they were believable. So nostalgic with their clothing, way of speaking, and that brand-new, empty house. Loved the introduction of the ornaments, and so relieved they, and the chair, escaped total destruction in the recent fire.

How wonderful was Leo today? I enjoyed him being authentic and not so jokey, really caring about the history of the Hortons and concerned about paying tribute to them in print, honoring them with respect.

So many donuts! There go the cravings again.

I hope Lucas isn't spotted somehow, he took a chance being in the house, but glad he did. So, so adorable in the flashback, he aged well (but still needs a haircut and a shave!)

Glad they mentioned Paulina, and now we know she did have heart attack.

Misted up when Doug was singing and then at the end with the tribute they posted.

Here is a beautiful version of "Always," enjoy!

Omg this was the most spectacular episode ever. We needed it. These are the scab writers? Can we keep them?

Nice to see Doug. Though sad he had to see the house burnt. The chair being unscathed was nice. Plus of course the ornaments.

Loved the young Tom & Alice. And all the flashbacks and all the pictures. It was a beautiful episode. Several times brought a tear to my. Like Doug & Julie singing Always. So sweet since we know he died. The tribute to him made me cry. Going to miss him. Absolutely loved it!

This was a beautiful episode in so many ways. It disturbs me that we praise their work and yet still use a derogatory term to refer to these writers. Can we please find a neutral term, temporary writers, substitute writers, fill-in writers? I've been surprised all along that the admins have allowed this when I don't think they would allow a pejorative to refer to any other group of people.
I agree 100%

It disturbs me that we praise their work and yet still use a derogatory term to refer to these writers. Can we please find a neutral term, temporary writers, substitute writers, fill-in writers? I've been surprised all along that the admins have allowed this when I don't think they would allow a pejorative to refer to any other group of people.
Found this: In 1816 the term “scab” was coined by the Albany Typographical Union in reference to strike breaking.

I have always used either just the word writers......or, at times, sub writers, temp writers.

The media tends to use the word "scab", which, according to that item above, began over 200 years ago.

Thus, since it has been around so long evidently, it is considered o.k., a common practice. I do not want to get into the pros and cons of this practice, and neither will the board itself. Personally, I would never use the word to describe human beings. To me, it means that scaly thing that forms over an open scrape or wound on the skin, helping it to heal.

2016 would be 50 years after Alice made it.
Yeah but there's nothing special in-universe about that date. 2015 (80 years after buying the house) would have made more sense.
There are many of us who do care when they mess up important dates, actual numbers of family members, how various events came to be, etc
Especially in an episode specifically made as a tribute to the show's history.
These are the scab writers?
Since they've been writing for weeks, perhaps this is more the work of the new EP, Janet Spellman-Drucker, and her guidance? Speculation only.

Thanks so much Jason.

I was teary eyed watching it.

I liked how the flashbacks with young Tom and Alice weren't in color.

Yippee, the ornaments and Tom's chair were saved.

John did a so-so imitation of Alice.

Nice to see Lucas there, but he needs stay away since he's supposed to be in a safe house.

Julie did a quick family history and everyone's memories.

I enjoyed Leo today. He was fun and not obnoxious.

How long will it be before we know what's in the metal box?

It was a great show. It reminded me how Days used to be.

Back