Days of Our Lives - Wed., Feb. 21, 2024

I just want to add that I loved Leo today. He was so sweet with Thomas.
Yes, Leo was at his best today. Dimitri would have been proud. Overall, this episode was remarkably well done, including the very nice and well-deserved tribute to Bill Hayes (Doug). It was far better than I thought possible. It was also good to hear that the ornaments had survived the fire — which would include the invaluable Xander ornament. Hopefully, the heartwarming tale of Tom and Alice, their descendants, and her donuts didn’t make Chad feel jealous. It’s hard to imagine a similar episode about his family, the DiMeras — sepia-toned images of Santo and his wife, followed by sentimental recollections about Stefano, Andre, EJ, Kristen, and that honorary DiMera, Dr. Rolf.

It’s hard to imagine a similar episode about his family, the DiMeras — sepia-toned images of Santo and his wife, followed by sentimental recollections about Stefano, Andre, EJ, Kristen, and that honorary DiMera, Dr. Rolf.
Awwww, don't forget about the beloved honorary DiMera, Bart. Along with long-suffering Harold.

Found this: In 1816 the term “scab” was coined by the Albany Typographical Union in reference to strike breaking.
Oh wow, the things my city has come up with. We're also home to the inventor of toilet paper rolls.
:rotfl:

Thanks for the summary. I didn't have time to watch everything. I did catch most of the flashbacks and the montage of photos.

To date, Sandy Horton has no mentioned children. But she is kind of blank slate, as to whether she is/was married and if she's had any children. They could easily be added to the family as Sandy's grandchildren, since she'd be about Roman's age now, according to his (newly created) memories of playing with her as a kid.

They could also be the grandchildren of Steven Olsen, Julie and Hope's brother (Julie's full brother/Hope's half brother). The last we heard of Steven, he lived in Europe and had a son named Spencer (who was never seen in Salem, only mentioned once by Julie). So they could be Spencer's children. Steven Olsen left Salem in 1979 (he was a crook/con artist) and was last played by Stephen Schnetzer, probably more known as Cass Winthrop on Another World.

Heck, writers can invent relatives and do so all the time. Tom could have a brother, cousin, etc, who had a son.......Same goes for Alice. The show did a good job choosing the actors to play the very young Tom & Alice, I hope they hang on to them.

Yea. I was thinking of Sandy as a blank slate too. The person I remember as Sandy looked a bit like the actor playing Alice Horton in these flashbacks, and the powers that be could easily create a whole line of descendants from her. :)
Sandy was played by 4 different actresses from 1967 to 1984. The actress who played young Alice looks like she could be related to Sandy.

cd9ade83e67590e05a8db94e3b864f1c.jpg
0141d43eba3b01479cd5b633672732f8.jpg

afb65d5c087ee1c5facc3e0e816ed8dc.jpg
fcfb26647e3e1213b59617bf6c3c59fb.jpg

The last actress is Pamela Roylance. She's been in a lot of different things over the years, but mainly just single appearances. No other soaps, though.

Here's Sandy (played by Pamela) with Chris Kositchek (they were eventually a couple). But now that Roman (also played by Josh Taylor) said he grew up with Sandy, we can pretend this is just a picture of 2 old friends hanging out together.

SandyChris.jpg

Back